Kidadl is committed to bringing you authoritative, actionable content that families will love. In order to provide our content for free we are funded by advertising. We therefore run adverts on the site and other Kidadl-related properties. We ensure that adverts never compromise our editorial guidelines.
In the pursuit of excellence we reserve the right to remove an adverts that we deem not appropriate. We endeavour to remove these adverts within 24 hours.
Kidadl will always maintain a distinct separation between advertisements and editorial content. If you see a product advertised on Kidadl it does not mean that Kidadl has endorsed it. Ads are screened in accordance with the policy above and in some cases, the Kidadl editorial team may rate or rank products or services. These articles are determined by the editorial team without regard to any financial relationship that may exist with companies that provide the product or services. All ads on Kidadl properties are clearly and unambiguously identified as such. Clicking on an ad will take the user to an advertiser’s site.
The site is free and as such is supported by adverts, however we will not accept any ad that is factually inaccurate or in poor taste. We will not permit the promotion and or advertising of, illegal, misleading or objectionable products or services. Any advert that could be confused as Kidadl’s content will be clearly labeled as an advertisement.
Kidadl only accepts sponsorships from companies that we believe in, they provide value to you the parent. As with all ads, sponsored content is screened to ensure it passes our editorial policy and passes the Kidadl Parent Promise. For clarity we have listed the types of sponsored content we might feature on Kidadl:
- Sponsored content: this refers to content that is created by Kidadl covering a topic area that is relevant to an advertiser. Kidadl has sole editorial control, and no advertiser has any input into the content beyond the broad topic area. Sponsored content will be labeled “sponsored by”.
- Co-branded content: this is content that is created in partnership with an advertiser and will normally have the brand's logo on it. As with all content it will adhere to Kidadl’s editorial guidelines and may include products, promotions or links to an advertiser’s site. In some cases, a portion of the content will be created, or directed by an advertiser. Co-branded content will be labeled with the following text: “Created in partnership with [brand name].”
- Brand pages and directory listings: Kidadl may host web pages that present content that is created by sponsors or advertisers. This content does not undergo an editorial review by Kidadl. These pages are hosted as a viewer resource, and are not meant to imply recommendations or endorsements. Brand pages are labeled: “Ad”.
- Related content: this refers to links or adverts that appear on Kidadl and link to other content. These links may direct users to other Kidadl properties or link to an advertiser.
- Social media posts: these may contain content that has been created in partnership with an advertiser. These ads can be identified with “#sponsored”.
When we create articles, the Kidadl team may sometimes include links to products and services from our affiliate partners that we consider will be useful to parents.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services. Unless we have been paid by a brand to promote their content, which will be labeled “co-branded”, our suggestions are selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the Shop Now button we may earn a small commission.
Any commercial relationships now or in the future do not influence our editorial choices.
Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.