Perhaps you shared lockdown with preschoolers; maybe you had to convert your house into both a school and an office. Whatever the challenges, every parent will have experienced some of the following funny moments.
1. "Daaad. Can you come and wipe my bottom please!?!," screamed in repetition while you're having a Zoom meeting with the boss.
2. Today's elaborate craft project has successfully transformed a pile of junk into... a slightly larger pile of junk covered in glitter, which can no longer be recycled. Well done, you.
3. You tell yourself: "An hour or two playing games on the iPad definitely counts as a form of homeschooling."
4. You find mugs in the strangest of places, most of which are one-third full of cold tea, and which nobody remembers making.
5. A favourite toy has gone missing. It used to be at the bottom of the toy box. Now you have to dig through endless strata of Lego, dolls, action figures, discarded craft projects, and assorted layers of mess. You briefly consider calling in the Time Team to oversee the excavation.
7. "Do not mention glitter. If the child wants glitter, we must pretend it has run out. If the child gets hold of glitter, we must run for the hills."
8. You laugh deliriously at all the newsletters that urge you to "get baking", when nobody's seen a bag of self-raising flour for weeks. And you've as much chance of finding the goose that lays golden eggs as tracking down some actual, normal eggs.
9. You think back wistfully to a time when your cultural references were broader than Frozen, Moana and Tangled. On the other hand, you can now impress your friends by identifying any species of Disney Princess.
10. That daily email to a client, apologising for your previous message, which included the phrase "sdfljg dfsbl s adsa xxxxxxxxxxx". A toddler's elbow may be to blame.
11. And after lockdown has ended? "Muuuuum. I don't want to go out!"
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.