We love a little bit of nostalgia here at Kidadl!
Although the 80s and the 90s were home to some of the most memorable moments in our history, the 2000s (or the noughties) really revolutionized the world as we know it today. While the iconic scene of the '90s has merited many '90s trivia quizzes and the glamour of the '80s has similarly birthed lots of '80s trivia, we have decided to take a walk down memory lane with these '00s questions and answers.
Read on and let nostalgia overcome you!
2000s Sports Trivia
2000, as a decade, had a lot to offer to the world of sports, the decade was an absolute delight for every sports enthusiast out there. Listed below is a 2000s quiz on sports, let's see how many you get right.
1. Question: Which baseball player scored the maximum number of home runs in the 2000s?
Answer: Alex Rodriguez
2. Question: In which year did Swiss legend Roger Federer bag his first-ever Grand Slam title?
3. Question: In the English Premier League, which was the club that was leading the table on New Year's Day 2000 but had an unfortunate second half in the season to subsequently finish trailing 22 points behind?
Answer: Leeds United
4. Question: In the year 2001, which were the two major sporting events that were canceled?
Answer: The Ryder Cup (golf) and The Cheltenham Festival (horse racing)
5. Question: In which year did the Twenty20 format in cricket first come into being?
6. Question: Between 2000 and 2009, two football clubs made it five times into the Champions League Semi finals. Who were they?
Answer: Chelsea (English Premier League) and Barcelona (La Liga)
7. Question: In the year 2004, the highest individual score in a test match was registered by a batsman against England. Who was he?
Answer: Brian Lara
8. Question: In which year did Tiger Woods win his first open championship of the 2000s?
9. Question: What was the new world record that Usain Bolt set in the year 2009?
Answer: 9.58 seconds
10. Question: What was the year in which Michael Schumacher registered his record of 13 wins in one season?
11. Question: Who was the highest run scorer in the 2005 Ashes test series?
Answer: Kevin Pietersen
12. Question: How many times did Ronnie O'Sullivan win the World Snooker Championship in this decade?
Answer: Three (2001, 2004 and 2008)
13. Question: Back in the early 2000s, a wildcard entrant in the Wimbledon ended up eventually winning the title, making it the first and last such instance in history. Who was the player?
Answer: Goran Ivanisevic
2000s Movie Quiz
This 2000s pop culture trivia is full of brilliant movies! Here is some great 2000s movie trivia with answers, revolving around the iconic movies that are etched in the mind of all '00s kids. Let's see how many you know! How many of these 2000s trivia questions and answers will you get right?
14. Question: Popular director Tim Burton directed which children's movie in the year 2005?
Answer: 'Charlie And The Chocolate Factory'
15. Question: What was the name of the popular author after whom the lead character in the 2006 movie 'The Namesake' was christened?
Answer: Nikolai Gogol
16. Question: Which movie had the highest box office collections in the 2000s?
17. Question: What was the name of the film that won popular rapper Eminem his first Oscar for Best Original Song?
Answer: '8 Mile'
18. Question: Which popular director won his first Oscar for Best Director in the 2007 Academy awards?
Answer: Martin Scorsese for 'The Departed'
19. Question: What was the name of the singer who recorded the title song for the 2002 Bond feature 'Die Another Day'?
20. Question: What was the name of the popular 2009 Quentin Tarantino movie that had only 30 percent of its dialogue in English?
Answer: 'Inglourious Basterds'
21. Question: In the early 2000s, which movie became the first musical to earn a Best Picture nomination in a decade?
Answer: 'Moulin Rouge!'
22. Question: In 2004 which actor won an Oscar for portraying the role of another Academy Award winner?
Answer: Cate Blanchett
23. Question: Which actor recorded the second instance of posthumously winning an Oscar?
Answer: Heath Ledger
24. Question: In 2010, who became the first woman to win an Academy Award for best director?
Answer: Kathryn Bigelow
25. Question: The now iconic line "Remember remember, the 5th of November", hails from which popular movie of this decade?
Answer: 'V For Vendetta'
26. Question: What was the name of the first movie that was released in the MCU in 2008?
Answer: 'Iron Man'
27. Question: Which popular singer is the co-producer of the 2001 film 'The Princess Diaries'?
Answer: Whitney Houston
28. Question: Which popular 2006 film starring Will Smith is based on a true story?
Answer: 'The Pursuit of Happiness'
29. Question: Around which museum does the film 'Night At The Museum' revolve?
Answer: The Museum of Natural History
30. Question: How many films are there in the 'Ice Age' franchise?
31. Question: In the film 'Zombieland' what is the second rule that characters are supposed to abide by?
Answer: Double Tap
32. Question: In the film 'The Hangover' what name is the baby given?
33. Question: In 'Mean Girls' what are the popular girls known as?
Answer: The Plastics
2000s TV Trivia
No 2000s trivia game or early 2000s quiz would be complete without bringing up TV shows. Sitcoms were hugely popular in both the late and early noughties. Below are a few trivia questions that form the basis of all the best 2000s pop culture trivia questions and answers. See how many you remember and get right!
34. Question: Which celebrity was Josh's inspiration in the show 'Drake And Josh'?
35. Question: At the beginning of the show 'Gossip Girl', what is the name of the school that Serena and Blair attend?
Answer: Constance Billard School For Girls
36. Question: In which city did the psychic high school girl Raven Baxter reside?
Answer: San Francisco, California
37. Question: In the hit teenage show 'One Tree Hill', what is the surname that the two half brothers share?
38. Question: What was the profession of Zack and Cody's mother on the hit show 'The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody'?
39. Question: Before starring in 'Breaking Bad', what show was Bryan Cranston a part of?
Answer: 'Malcolm In The Middle'
40. Question: Who played the leading role in the show 'Lizzie McGuire'?
Answer: Hilary Duff
41. Question: Which noughties sitcom revolves around a group of people working in a paper supply company?
Answer: 'The Office'
42. Question: In the show 'Arrested Development', what was the last name of the central family?
43. Question: Which show made use of the technique of "claymation" in its intro?
Answer: 'Even Stevens'
44. Question: In the hit show 'Friends', what was the name of Ross and Rachel's daughter?
45. Question: In the pilot episode of 'Glee', what song does the glee club perform?
Answer: 'Don't Stop Believin''
46. Question: In the show 'Breaking Bad', what was the lead character Walter White's title?
47. Question: In the sitcom 'The Big Bang Theory', what was Sheldon Cooper's catchphrase?
48. Question: 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' had a spinoff show, what was it called?
49. Question: In 'Jimmy Neutron' what was Jimmy's dog called?
50. Question: What was Dexter's profession in 'Dexter'?
Answer: Forensic technician
51. Question: In 'Phil Of The Future', which century did Phil and his family hail from?
Answer: The 22nd century
52. Question: 'Veronica Mars' was set in which fictional town?
Answer: Neptune, CA
53. Question: Who was the voice of Kim in 'Kim Possible'?
Answer: Christy Carlson Romano
54. Question: What was the name of the hospital around which the show 'House' revolved?
Answer: Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital
55. Question: Which actor in 'How I Met Your Mother' played Barney?
Answer: Neil Patrick Harris
56. Question: In 'The Simpsons', what was Marge's natural hair color?
57. Question: In 'The Simpsons' family, who is a vegetarian?
Answer: Lisa Simpson
2000s Music Trivia
A part of the past decades' trivia questions revolves around the iconic soundscape of the decade. Not only were these chartbusters iconic in their own time, but such was their charm that they continue to be enjoyed by music fans today! Here's a trivia quiz that revolves around the iconic, need-to-know tracks of the noughties. See how many you remember and get right!
58. Question: In which year did the 'King of Pop', Michael Jackson pass away?
59. Question: File sharing service Napster was sued by which veteran rock band citing copyright infringement issues?
60. Question: Which southern hip-hop duo found a feature in a song with Jay-Z?
61. Question: At the 2000 Grammys, which artist tied Michael Jackson's single year record haul of eight awards?
62. Question: Who married Chris Robinson, the frontman of Black Crowes on New Year's Eve, 2000?
Answer: Kate Hudson
63. Question: In the spoken word interlude of Britney Spears' single 'Oops!...I Did It Again', her boyfriend gets her a present from which popular '90s film?
64. Question: What was the 2000 rock video that was filmed on the World Trade Center's South Tower's roof?
Answer: Limp Bizkit's 'Rollin'
65. Question: Who was the titular 'Stan' in Eminem's music video by the same title?
Answer: Devon Sawa
66. Question: Who is the film and television actress that stars in Stone Temple Pilots' 'Sour Girl' video?
Answer: Sarah Michelle Gellar
67. Question: Which artist earned the distinction of being the best-selling musician in the 2000s?
2000s World Events Trivia
Listed below is a quiz that revolves around some of the biggest events in world history that took place in this period. Read on and find out how well you can remember what happened in the noughties!
68. Question: In the year 2003, the World Health Organisation (WHO) issued a global alert for which disease?
69. Question: Which social media giant came into existence in the year 2004?
70. Question: What were the two iconic Edvard Munch paintings that were stolen at gunpoint from a Norwegian museum in 2004?
Answer: Madonna and The Scream
71. Question: In which year did Apple release its first ever iPhone smartphone?
72. Question: The popular term "podcast" first came into existence in which year?
73. Question: In May 2009 who was awarded the first woman poet laureate?
Answer: Carol Ann Duffy
74. Question: Who did Barack Obama beat in the 2008 US Presidential Election Race to become the first African American President of the United States?
Answer: John McCain
75. Question: Which book became the UK's best selling novel in this decade?
Answer: 'The Da Vinci Code'
76. Question: On 10 November, 2001, which new gadget was released into the public domain for the first time?
77. Question: Who became the Prime Minister of Britain in the year 2007?
Answer: Gordon Brown
78. Question: When was the dwarf planet 'Quaoar' discovered?
Answer: 4 June 2004
79. Question: What was China's first manned space mission called?
Answer: Shenzhou 5
80. Question: When was the first iPhone released?
Answer: 29 June 2007
81. Question: Which famous novelist passed away on 9 January 2007?
Answer: Sidney Sheldon
82. Question: Which planet was demoted to 'dwarf planet' status in 2006?
83. Question: In which year was 'Google Street View' launched?
84. Question: In 2005, which online video streaming platform was launched?
85. Question: What were the nationalities of the first inhabitants of the International Space Station?
Answer: Russian and American
86. Question: When was the verb "to google" added to the Oxford English Dictionary?
87. Question: In 2008, which country was hit by the cyclone 'Nargis'?
88. Question: Which probe revealed the first images of Titan's surface in 2005?
89. Question: In July 2000, who did Venus Williams beat to win the Grand Slam singles title?
Answer: Lindsay Davenport
90. Question: Who was announced as the UN Messenger of Peace in 2008?
Answer: George Clooney
91. Question: In which year did Kosovo declare its independence from Serbia?
92. Question: Which country officially became a democracy on 24 March 2008?
93. Question: Who successfully landed a plane on the Hudson River in 2009?
Answer: Chesley Sullenberger
94. Question: Who became the first female Chancellor of Germany in 2005?
Answer: Angela Merkel
95. Question: When was Mars Odyssey launched?
Answer: 7 April 2001
96. Question: Who was the first Hispanic woman to be honored on a US Postage stamp?
Answer: Frida Kahlo
97. Question: Which entrepreneur founded SpaceX on 6 May 2002?
Answer: Elon Musk
98. Question: When was the Moscow treaty signed?
Answer: 24 May 2002
99. Question: Who was elected as the first female Speaker of the US Congress in 2007?
Answer: Nancy Pelosi
100. Question: When was the Statue of Liberty's crown reopened?
Answer: 4 July 2009
101. Question: Which spacecraft performed the second flyby of Venus in 2007?
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 2000s trivia then why not take a look at our 80s movie trivia, or 90s movie trivia for more?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.