Among many reasons, the 90s are truly memorable for the vast array of iconic movies that they ushered in during the decade.
From 'Lion King' and 'Jurassic Park', to 'Forrest Gump' and 'The Silence Of The Lambs', the 90s did not really leave much to be desired when it comes to movies. This fact keeps reinstating itself in modern times via the multiple 'Pulp Fiction' trivia questions and the several 'Titanic' movie trivia questions that have social media platforms going absolutely abuzz.
Easy 90s Movie Trivia
The movies of the 90s were as ground breaking as they were iconic. Here's a set of easy 90s movies trivia to warm you up.
1. Question: The songs "My Guy (My God)" and "I Will Follow Him" were part of which 90s movie?
Answer: 'Sister Act'
2. Question: In the 1999 movie 'Fight Club', what was the first rule of Fight Club?
Answer: You don't talk about Fight Club.
3. Question: In the 1994 film 'Forrest Gump', the lead character Forrest Gump compares life with what?
Answer: A box of chocolates
4. Question: What was the name of the two actors who played the lead roles in 'Men Can't Jump'?
Answer: Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson
5. Question: What was the highest grossing movie of the 90s?
Answer: 'Titanic' (1997) by James Cameron
6. Question: Who plays the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi in 'Star Wars: Episode 1- The Phantom Menace'?
Answer: Ewan McGregor
7. Question: In the 1995 romcom 'Clueless', what is the name of the actor who portrays Cher Horowitz?
Answer: Alicia Silverstone
8. Question: In the film 'Independence Day', what is the name of Will Smith's character?
Answer: Captain Steven Hiller
9. Question: What was the name of the book on which the 1994 movie 'Shawshank Redemption' is based on?
Answer: Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King
10. Question: Which popular actor voices Woody in the 'Toy Story' franchise?
Answer: Tom Hanks
11. Question: Who plays Bruce Willis' love interest in the 1994 movie 'Pulp Fiction'?
Answer: Maria de Mederois
12. Question: What is the name of the 1997 film that stars John Cusack, Nicolas Cage, and John Malkovich?
Answer: 'Con Air'
13. Question: What is the name of the actor that plays Keyser Soze in the film 'The Usual Suspects'?
Answer: Kevin Spacey
14. Question: 'The Sixth Sense' directed by M. Night Shyamalan was released in which year?
15. Question: What is the name of the hit single sung by Celine Dion that is featured in the film 'Titanic'?
Answer: 'My Heart Will Go On'
16. Question: In the film 'Pretty Woman', which artist sang the song "Oh, Pretty Woman?"
Answer: Roy Orbison
17. Question: Which movie soundtrack of the 90s is the best selling soundtrack of all time?
Answer: The Bodyguard
18. Question: Which movie was Robin Williams' first animated film?
Answer: 'The Last Rainforest'
19. Question: In the 1990 film 'The Rescuers Down Under', what were the names of the two mice?
Answer: Bianca and Bernard
20. Question: For which 1997 animated movie did James Woods voice the villain?
21. Question: What was the name of the actor who voiced Moses in 'The Prince of Egypt'?
Answer: Val Kilmer
22. Question: Which 90s movie is the first and only animated film to secure a Special Achievement Academy Award?
Answer: 'Toy Story'
23. Question: Which animated movie of the 90s was Disney's first ever DVD?
24. Question: Who played the love interest of Leonardo DiCaprio in the movie 'Titanic'?
Answer: Kate Winslet
25. Question: How old was Leonardo DiCaprio in the critically acclaimed 1993 movie 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape'?
Hard 90s Movies Quiz
Now that we have manoeuvred through some easy 1990s trivia questions, it's time to step things up a notch. Read through this set of hard 90s trivia and check how much you know for yourself!
26. Question: Which 1990s teen movie was renamed after a Britney Spears song?
Answer: 'Drive Me Crazy'
27. Question: In the 1991 film 'Boyz n the Hood', which famous rapper starred alongside Cuba Gooding Jnr?
Answer: Ice Cube
28. Question: What is the name of the actress who plays the young killer in 'Leon The Professional'?
Answer: Natalie Portman
29. Question: What is the name of the leading man in the movie 'Twister'?
Answer: Bill Paxton
30. Question: At the beginning of the movie 'There's Something About Mary', there's a flashback. In what year is it set?
31. Question: The movie 'Jurassic Park' is based on a novel by which writer?
Answer: Michael Crichton
32. Question: What is the speed below which the bomb is said to explode in the movie 'Speed'?
Answer: 50 mph
33. Question: Which actor played Batman in the 1997 film 'Batman and Robin'?
Answer: George Clooney
34. Question: Which colored pill does Neo take in the 'Matrix'?
Answer: The red pill
35. Question: The popular 1990 Christmas movie 'Home Alone' is based in which city?
36. Question: What is the name of the island that is featured towards the very end of the hit 1994 film 'The Shawshank Redemption'?
37. Question: The iconic theme tune for the first 'Mission Impossible' was reworked by which band?
38. Question: What does the phrase "Hakuna Matata" as mentioned in a song in the 1994 movie 'The Lion King' translate to?
Answer: No worries
39. Question: In the 1993 film 'Mrs. Doubtfire', how many kids does Robin Williams have?
40: Question: What is the profession of Harrison Ford's character in the movie 'The Fugitive'?
41: Question: In the 1996 romcom 'One Fine Day', which actors play the roles of the two single working parents?
Answer: Michelle Pfeiffer and George Clooney
42. Question: Who was the director of the 1997 political action thriller film 'Air Force One'?
Answer: Wolf Gang Petersen
43. Question: Which 1992 movie directed by John G. Avildsen and starring Morgan Freeman and Daniel Craig is based on Bryce Courtenay's 1989 novel of the same name?
Answer: 'The Power Of One'
44. Question: Who is the director of the 1991 film 'One False Move' starring Billy Bob Thornton and Bill Paxton?
Answer: Carl Franklin
45. Question: Which two James Bond movies were released in the 90s?
Answer: 'Golden Eye' (1995) and 'Tomorrow Never Dies' (1997)
46. Question: In the movie Armageddon, which band sang the song "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing"?
47. Question: Which actress made her movie debut in the 1994 film 'The Mask' opposite Jim Carrey?
Answer: Cameron Diaz
48. Question: At the end of 'The Lost World: Jurrasic Park', what is the name of the city in which the T-rex goes on a rampage?
Answer: San Diego
49. Question: Which 1996 romcom starring Jennifer Aniston and Cameron Diaz is the second feature film to be written and directed by Edward Burns?
Answer: 'She's The One'
50. Question: Which French comedy film directed by Agnes Varda and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro entered into the 45th Berlin International Film Festival?
Answer: 'One Hundred and One Nights'
Craziest 90s Movie Trivia
Now that we have gone through some of the hardest as well as easiest trivia of 90s movies, here's a set of movie trivia with answers revolving around that period that is sure to take you by surprise!
51. Question: For the role of Dr. Alan Grant in the movie 'Jurassic Park', who did Steven Spielberg originally want?
Answer: Harrison Ford
52. Question: For which movie did Tim Burton created the characters and story but it eventually got directed by Henry Selick?
Answer: 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'
53. Question: What was the movie 'Scream' originally called?
Answer: Scary Movie
54. Question: Which actor was originally cast opposite Leonardo DiCaprio as Juliet in the movie Romeo + Juliet?
Answer: Natalie Portman
55. Question: Which popular song from the 1994 film 'Lion King' almost did not make it into the movie?
Answer: 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight'
56. Question: In 'Batman Returns' which actor was originally cast as Catwoman?
Answer: Annette Bening
57. Question: Which popular 90s romcom directed by Amy Heckerling was originally pitched as a TV series for Fox?
58. Question: The movie 'Beauty And The Beast' was originally envisioned by Disney as to what?
Answer: As a darker, more dramatic, and non-musical animated film
59. Question: Director James Cameron was originally strictly against putting which song in his hit 1997 film 'Titanic'?
Answer: 'My Heart Will Go On'
60. Question: The green symbols trailing down in the 1999 film 'The Matrix' symbolizing "digital rain" are based on what?
Answer: Sushi cookbooks
61. Question: In David Fincher's hit 1999 film 'Fight Club', one object can be observed to be present in every scene of the movie. What is it?
Answer: A Starbucks cup
62. Question: What was the name of the actor who played the lead role in 'The Crow'?
Answer: Brandon Lee
63. Question: In the 'Scream' franchise, which actor played the role of Sidney?
Answer: Neve Campbell
64. Question: What is the name of the 90s movie in which the lead character finds himself reliving the same day over and over again?
Answer: 'Groundhog Day'
65. Question: In the movie 'Dumb and Dumber', what does Lloyd find?
Answer: A briefcase
66. Question: Which actor played the lead role in the film 'Braveheart'?
Answer: Mel Gibson
67. Question: In the movie 'Armageddon', what is the threat that the world faces?
Answer: An asteroid
68. Question: Which actor played the lead role in the 1999 film 'The Mummy'?
Answer: Brendan Fraser
69. Question: What is the name of the movie in which Bruce Willis plays the role of a 23rd century New York City cabbie?
Answer: 'The Fifth Element'
70. Question: In the movie 'Dante's Peak', what does the character played by Pierce Brosnan do for a living?
Answer: Which actress plays the lead role in 'There's Something About Mary'?
Answer: Cameron Diaz
72. Question: What is the name of the movie in which Adam Sandler plays the role of a spoilt grownup who has to go back to school?
Answer: 'Billy Madison'
73. Question: What was the name of the South Park movie that released in the year 1999?
Answer: 'South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut'
74. Question: Which actor played the lead role in the film 'Dances With Wolves'?
Answer: Kevin Costner
75. Question: What is the name of the movie starring Robin Williams that revolves around a magical board game?
90s Oscar Trivia
No 90s movie trivia quiz or quiz about film can ever be complete without bringing up the mention of those films that secured the coveted Academy Awards in the 90s.
76. Question: Which epic western movie co-starring Mary McDonnell won seven Oscar awards including the best picture award?
Answer: 'Dances With Wolves'
77. Question: Who won the Oscar for best picture in the year 1992?
78. Question: Who was initially lined up to direct the Oscar winning movie 'Schindler's List' which eventually was directed by Steven Spielberg?
Answer: Martin Scorsese
79. Question: In the 'English Patient', which won big at the 1997 academy awards, where does Count Laszlo bury Katharine's body?
Answer: Her body is lost in a plane crash
80. Question: What is the occupation of Jeff Goldblum's character in 'Independence Day'?
Answer: Satellite technician
81. Question: For which movie did Al Pacino win the Oscar for best actor?
Answer: 'Scent Of A Woman'
82. Question: With her nomination as the best supporting actress for the movie 'Titanic', what record did Gloria Stuart set?
Answer: Became the oldest actress to be ever nominated for the award
83. Question: Which American president presents Tom Hanks' character with a medal in the movie 'Forrest Gump'?
Answer: Lyndon B Johnson
84. Question: What special feat did 'Terminator 2' achieve by winning the Academy award?
Answer: The only sequel to win the Oscar where the original movie did not win a single nomination
85. Question: With whom did Alan Menken share credits for the Academy award winning original song "A Whole New World"?
Answer: Tim Rice
86. Question: In the 1997 film 'Shine', what challenging piece of music plunges Geoffrey Rush's character into an emotional breakdown?
Answer: Rachmaninoff's 3rd concerto
87. Question: Who was originally offered the part of Hannibal Lecter in 'The Silence of the Lambs'?
Answer: Sean Connery
88. Question: What movie started Miramax Film's nine year run of best picture nominations?
Answer: 'The Crying Game'
89. Question: Which actor received the most Oscar nominations in the 1990s?
Answer: Anthony Hopkins
90. Question: Which winner of the academy award for best picture also won one for best makeup in the 1990s?
91. Question: Martin Scorsese earned two Oscar nominations in the 1990s. Which films earned him this feat?
Answer: 'GoodFellas' and 'Age of Innocence'
92. Question: Which movie was the winner of the best-adapted screenplay in the 1990s and was not based on a book?
Answer: 'Sling Blade'
93. Question: What was the film that received an Oscar for best visual effects as a spacial achievement award?
Answer: 'Total Recall'
94. Question: Which 1996 academy award winner for best actor became the first Australian winner?
Answer: Geoffrey Rush
95. Question: In the 1994 Oscars, which actress won the Oscar for acting?
Answer: Holly Hunter
96. Question: Which film secured an Oscar for best costume design at the 1992 Oscar awards?
97. Question: For which film did actor Roberto Benigni win an Oscar for at the 1999 academy awards?
Answer: 'Life Is Beautiful'
98. Question: At the 1995 academy awards which Italian director won the academy honorary award?
Answer: Michelangelo Antonioni
99. Question: At the 1991 academy awards, Kathy Bates won the Oscar for acting for which movie?
100. Question: Which movie won the academy award for best international feature film at the 68th Oscars in 1996?
Answer: Antonia's Line
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 90s movie trivia, then why not take a look at something different like 'The Office' trivia team names or 'Game Of Thrones' trivia team names.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.