‘The Amazing World Of Gumball’ is a surreal comedy animation series created for Cartoon Network.
The series revolves around the life of Gumball Watterson, his family and close friends, and the events that surround them. Gumball characters range from humanoid characters to food characters, and animal-human hybrids.
The series employs slapstick and surreal comedy to narrate the events that surround the fictional city of Elmore, in California. There are a lot of interesting characters with unique personalities in the cartoon show. In this article, you will find all the important Gumbo character names in one handy list. Each name has a small description of the character.
Here are all the main characters from the Gumball cast.
1. Anais Watterson, one of the main Gumball characters of Gumball, who is Gumball's sister. Gumball's sister is the youngest member of the Watterson family and yet, she is the most rational member.
2. Darwin Watterson, among the best Gumball friends characters of the Cartoon Network show, Darwin Watterson used to be the family’s pet male goldfish. One day he grew legs, adapted to life outside, and was adopted by the Watterson family. He is a boy character.
3. Gumball Watterson, one of the most important 'The Amazing World Of Gumball' characters names. He is the protagonist. He is a 12-year-old blue cat who goes to Elmore High School with his sister and adopted brother. His real name is Zach.
4. Nicole Watterson, Gumball's mom's name. An important Gumball character of the ‘Amazing World of Gumball’. Gumball's mom is a character who is dedicated to keeping her family safe and comfortable.
5. Richard Watterson, one of the main Gumball characters names from the Cartoon Network show, he is Gumball's dad. 'The Amazing World Of Gumball' dad displays uncouth behavior, but he has good intentions and really loves the Watterson family.
Supporting Gumball Cartoon Characters
Here are important characters from 'The Amazing World Of Gumball' cast.
6. Alan Keane, one of the supporting Gumball characters of the Cartoon Network show, is a teal balloon. He attends Elmore High School.
7. Anton, one of the recurring Gumball characters who is a crumbling piece of toast and goes to Elmore High School.
8. Banana Joe, one of the supporting characters who attends Elmore High School.
9. Billy Parham, among the slightly snobbish Gumball characters who is a blue blob-like egg and attends Elmore High School.
10. Bobert 6B, one of the supporting Gumball characters of the Cartoon Network show who is even smarter than Anais Watterson.
11. Carmen Verde, among the supporting Gumball characters who are part of the cheerleading squad at Elmore High School.
12. Carrie Kruger, one of the supporting Gumball characters from the Cartoon Network show who is a ghost in Miss Simian’s class.
13. Clare Cooper, among the pessimistic humanoid characters.
14. Clayton, one of the recurring Gumball characters in the Cartoon Network show, she is a ball of red clay.
15. Colin And Felix, among the supporting characters from the ‘The Amazing World Of Gumball’ who are twin eggs.
16. Fuzzball, among the minor Gumball characters who attends Elmore High School.
17. Donut Cop, among the supporting characters from 'The Amazing World Of Gumball’, who is a city sheriff.
18. Felicity Partham, one of the supporting characters from 'The Amazing World of Gumball’ who is extremely snobbish.
19. Gaylord Robinson, Among the supporting characters from the Cartoon Network show, she is the grouchy neighbor of the Wattersons.
20. Gregory, one of the minor characters who is a gorilla.
21. Hector Jotunheim, among the supporting characters of the ‘The Amazing World Of Gumball’; who is an enormous furry giant.
22. Hot Dog Guy, one of the recurring characters of the Cartoon Network show who usually appears at the school cafeteria.
23. Idaho, among the supporting characters of the Cartoon Network show who is a small potato.
24. Jamie Russo, one of the supporting Gumball characters of the Cartoon Network show who is Tina’s sidekick.
25. Jared Dawson, among the supporting characters of the ‘Amazing World of Gumball’ who is Clare’s boyfriend.
26. Jodie Mallard, among the minor characters of the Cartoon Network show who’s a female duck.
27. Josh, one of the minor characters.
28. Juke, one of the Gumball characters’ names of a jukebox who can only beat the box.
29. Julius Oppengeimer, among the minor characters who go to Elmore High School.
30. Larry Needlemeyer, among the supporting 'World Of Gumball' characters who works as a cashier in many stores.
31. Leslie, one of the supporting characters who is a delicate male flower.
32. Lucy Simian, among the supporting characters who are a very grumpy, she is a monkey teacher at Elmore High School.
33. Margaret Robinson, among the supporting Gumball characters from the Cartoon Network show who is the wife of Gaylord Robinson.
34. Masami Yoshida, one of the supporting characters, is a spoiled cloud in the Cartoon Network show.
35. Mole, one of the minor characters of the Gumball Cartoon Network show.
36. Molly Collins, among the recurring characters in the Gumball Cartoon Network show
37. Mowdown, one of the minor characters in the Cartoon Network show who is a ferocious teddy bear.
38. Mushroom, among the minor characters of the Cartoon Network show who is a male mushroom.
39. Nigel Brown, one of the supporting characters who are the principle of Elmore High School. He is a furry slug.
40. Ocho Tootmorsel, among the recurring characters who is an 8-bit graphic spider.
41. Patrick Fitzgerald, the father of the Fitzgeralds who has shape-shifting abilities and looks like a large moose.
42. Penny Fitzgerald, the daughter of Patrick Fitzgerald who has shape-shifting abilities, she is Gumball's girlfriend.
43. Peter Pepperoni, a pepperoni slice who is a minor character from the Cartoon Network show and attends Elmore High School.
44. Rachel Wilson, a minor character from the Cartoon Network show who was Darwin’s love interest.
45. Razor, the name of a zombie who is a minor character in the Cartoon Network show.
46. Reaper, a minor character who is a male human hand in the world of Gumball.
47. Rob, a world of Gumball character who is the arch-nemesis of Gumball Watterson.
48. Rotten Cupcake, a 'World Of Gumball' minor character who is a male cupcake and attends Elmore School.
49. Rocky Robinson, a supporting character in the Cartoon Network show who is a male puppet.
50. Sarah G. Lato, a supporting character who is a female anthropomorphic ice cream cone.
51. Scythe, the name of a minor character from the Cartoon Network show who is a male rat.
52. Steve Small, the name of a supporting character who is a hippie school counselor.
53. Sussie, the name of a female chinking character from the Gumball world, a unique student.
54. Teri, a Gumball world character who has severe germaphobia.
55. Tina Rex, the name of the scary bully who is a dinosaur in Elmore High.
56. Tobias Wilson, a supporting character who is a male rainbow character who attends Elmore High School.
57. William, a minor character who is an eye with wings and attends Elmore High.
58. Wilson Bilson, a male paper humanoid who is wearing a skirt and heels.
Single Appearance Characters
These are characters that appear once in particular episodes in the series but are still worth mentioning.
59. Abraham Lincoln Goat, a goat with an Abraham Lincoln’s head who appears only once in the Cartoon Network show.
60. Ant-One, a cartoon character who is a burnt piece of toast.
61. Ant-Two, a single appearance character who is the result of Gumball’s half-failed attempt at creating Anton.
62. Anton Clones, a group of clones who are like Ant-One’s minions.
63. Azrael, a male ghost who has a beak and appears once in the Cartoon Network show.
64. Blitzer, a male reindeer from the Cartoon Network show who only appears in the episode ‘Christmas’.
65. Butterfly, a cartoon character who is a butterfly with a human head and wreaks havoc over Elmore.
66. Chi-Chi, a character who appears to have the same personality as Gumball and appears once.
67. Chicken Bucket, the name of the chief of the police in Elmore who is a male chicken bucket.
68. Chimera, a toy hybrid creature who makes a single appearance in the Cartoon Network show.
69. Daniel Lennard, a character who is an imagination of Gumball Watterson, Darwin Watterson and Anais Watterson.
70. Ethel and Bernie Klein, a female elderly oat who appears once in the Gumball world.
71. Evil Turtles’ Babies, the children of the Evil Turtle are single appearance characters in the show.
72. Frank, a male puppet with purple dreadlocks who appears once in the Cartoon Network show.
73. Frank Kreese, a human male character who is the coach of Troy and Carlton.
74. Fuzzy, the name of a pink and purple male toy, Gumball Watterson’s best friend before Darwin.
75. Grady, a tall male puppet with a triangular head.
76. Howdy, a female puppet with a round head and a body.
77. Jealousy, a manifestation of jealousy who is the enemy of Gumball and Darwin Watterson.
78. Joy Virus, a virus that infects a person and makes them extremely happy and joyful.
79. Mr. Gruber, a male bald eagle who works for the Elmore Post Office.
80. New Bobert, a male robot who is the black version of the original Bobert.
81. Ribbit, an aqua-blue frog who copies everything that Darwin says and does.
82. Russian Agents, single appearance antagonists who are Doberman Pinscher dogs.
83. Scary Old Lady, a scary looking humanoid who lives in an abandoned gas station.
84. Scary Old Man, a humanoid male who is intimidating and eccentric, lies in isolation with his mother.
85. Sluzzie Dude, a character who is imagined by Gumball and Anais Watterson, who is similar to Santa Claus.
86. Troll, a male troll who spews lies to gain pleasure, but ends up irritating himself.
87. Virus, a virus who wants to take over the body of Gumball Watterson but ends up dying at the end of the episode.
88. Vladus Lokowitchki, a vengeful spirit who terrorizes Gumball and Darwin Watterson in the episode ‘The Mirror’.
89. Zach, the name of the alter-ego of Gumball Watterson who fails to recognize his shortcomings in the cartoon show.
Other Animal Characters
Here is a list of other animal characters that are cute and interesting.
90. 8-Bit Dog, a minor character who appears in the background in the Elmore High School cafeteria.
91. Alison Sandra Gator, a minor character and a female crocodile who gets aggressive when something comes in her way.
92. Blue Elephant, the name of an elephant who has light blue skin and whose head is bigger than his body.
93. Chris Morris, a male hamster who is the Elmore High School’s pet and is a very cunning creature.
94. Evil Turtle, a female turtle who has a long wrinkled neck and puts all her effort into biting people.
95. Frankie Watterson, a minor character who is the paternal grandfather of Gumball, Darwin and Anais Watterson.
96. Gary Hedges, the name of an elderly moose with large antlers, he is joyful and oblivious.
97. Joanna Watterson, the mother of Richard, is the paternal grandmother of Gumball, Darwin and Anais Watterson.
98. Louis Watterson, the stepfather of Richard Patterson, is the paternal step-grandfather of Gumball, Darwin and Anais Watterson.
99. Mary Senicourt, a female cat who is snobby and strict, she is the mother of Nicole Watterson.
100. Mr. Cuddles, the name of a tarantula who does not seem to like Gumball Watterson and sends him into a coma.
101. Tan Dog, a dog who has long hair and a bow tied on top, bears resemblance to a Shih Tzu.
Other Food Characters
‘The Amazing World Of Gumball’ has some fascinating surreal food characters that you can find in this list.
102. Porky Cassidy, the name of an easygoing hot dog who looks similar to Hot Dog Guy with thin arms and legs.
103. Anton, the name of a recurring character in the Cartoon Network show who is a crumbly piece of toast and attends Elmore High School.
104. Banana Barbara, a banana character who is the mother of Banana Joe and the wife of Banana Bob.
105. Banana Bob, a recurring character who is the father of Banana Joe and the husband of Banana Barbara.
106. Charlie-Ann, a strawberry character who is also known as Suzie, wears a diaper and has a stem on her head.
107. Cupcake Man, the name of the cupcake character in the Cartoon Network show who does not seem to take his job very seriously.
108. Cupcake Woman, a female cupcake who does not like children and has an indifferent tone of voice.
109. Debbie, a peapod character who has a minor role in the Cartoon Network show, has a small face with skinny arms and legs.
110. Earl, the name of a hot dog who looks similar to Hot Dog Guy, is a cop with a blue police hat.
111. Egg Man, the name of a tap dancing egg who has a minor role in the Gumball Cartoon Network show.
112. Exercise Bacon, the name of a male bacon who is one of the citizens in the town of Elmore.
113. French Fries, the name of a bunch of french fries who are friends with Donut Cop.
114. Hamburger Cop, a minor character who is a police officer and friends with French Fries and Donut Cop.
115. Jeff Benson, the name of a character who is an ear of corn who once donated money to Gumball and Darwin Watterson.
116. Kayvon, a minor character who is an apple in ‘The Amazing World Of Gumball'.
117. Melted Cheese Guy, an overweight humanoid made of cheese, wears only a hat and gray underpants.
118. Milk Guy, a carton of milk who wears a police hat but no police uniform, he is a security guard.
119. Mutant Fridge Mayhem, a group of food characters who are enemies in ‘The Amazing World Of Gumball’.
120. Quatrro Pepperoni, the name of an anthropomorphic pizza who is friends with Gumball and Darwin Watterson, the father of Peter.
121. Sausage Dog, a male dog who is an anthropomorphic sausage.
122. Siciliana Pepperoni, the name of the wife of Quattro Pepperoni who is kind and friendly.
123. Susan Benson, a female character who has a mushroom top as a head and an enemy of the Wattersons.
Kidadl has lots of great name articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Gumball characters names then look at something different like this list of all of the Chipettes names, or these Animal Crossing names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.