'Octonauts' is a children’s TV series on CBeebies, a BBC channel, based on the children’s books of the same name written by Michael C. Murphy and Vicki Wong.
The 'Octonauts' are a group of eight underwater friends, they are an exploring crew that is made up of stylized anthropomorphic animals. They live in the Octopod, an undersea base.
The whole crew goes on undersea adventures on a fleet of aquatic vehicles. Currently, there are two movies about the Octonauts on Netflix and four season of 'Octonauts' have been made. The new season of 'Octonauts' will air in 2021. The 'Octonauts' cast includes Ross Breen, Keith Wickham, Jo Wyatt, Simon Greenall, Rob Rackstraw, Teresa Gallagher, Michael Murphy, and others. The cast of 'Octonauts' might be different for the UK and the US version.
In this article, we have provided a list of all the 'Octonauts' characters' names. If you like this list, you can check out other articles from Kidadl like this list of all of the Chipettes names and all the Backyardigans names.
The 'Octonauts' have eight recurring main characters consisting of the 'Octonauts' crew and the captain.
1. Captain Barnacles, a brave polar bear who is the leader of the 'Octonauts' crew. His first name is Barnacles and his last name Bear. He prefers Gup A but also drives Gup E sometimes.
2. Dashi Dog, a smart sausage dachshund dog who supervises the operations of Octopod HQ.
3. Kwazii Kitten, an orange kitten who has a mysterious pirate past. His favorite Gup is Gup B.
4. Peso Penguin, a medic for the 'Octonauts' team. He is somewhere in his 10s or 20s and prefers Gup E.
5. Professor Inkling, founder of 'Octonauts' who helps the team from his library.
6. Shellington Sea Otter, a nerdy scientist who loves his work. Shellington's favorite vehicle is Gup C.
7. Tweak Bunny, an engineer working in Octopod.
8. Tunip The Vegimal, a special underwater critter who helps the team at Octopod.
Vegimals are half-vegetable and half-animal creatures discovered by Shellingtons. Here are their names.
9. Albachoy, a vegimal who is half bok choy and half albacore.
10. Barrot, a half carrot and half bass who is the speediest of all vegimals.
11. Carprika, a half paprika and half carp vegimal.
12. Charchard, a vegimal who is half chard and half char.
13. Codish, a half radish and half cod who is very clumsy.
14. Grouber, a half tuber and half grouper who helps out other vegimals.
15. Halibeet, a half beet and half halibut who likes to help other vegimals.
16. Maccoli, a half broccoli and half mackerel vegimal.
17. Perchkin, a half pumpkin and half perch vegimal.
18. Pikato, a half tomato and half pike who loves gardening.
19. Salepeño, a vegimal who is half Jalapeño and half salmon.
20. Sharchinni, a half zucchini and half shark who likes helping other vegimals.
21. Tardelery, a half celery and half tardigrade vegimal.
22. Tominnow, a half tomato and half minnow who is one of the smallest vegimals.
23. Vegi-bot, a robot who is half turnip and half tuna.
24. Wallabaga, a vegimal who is half rutabaga and half walleye.
25. Yamchovy, a half yam and half anchovy vegimal.
There are some minor characters who appeared on the 'Octonauts' cartoon show once and there are some who have made recurrent appearances. Check out this list of such characters.
26. Aggregate Anemones, stinging polyps that can clone themselves.
27. Albino Humpback Whale, a rare, all pale white whale.
28. Anton, a frogfish living in an artificial reef.
29. Baby Dolphin, a friend of Kwazii who followed him back to Octopod.
30. Berta, a river dolphin who appeared in the 'The Amazon Adventure' 'Octonauts' episode of season two.
31. Bianca, the confident and upbeat polar bear living in the Arctic. She is also the twin sister of Captain Barnacle.
32. Blenny, a fish that can walk on land.
33. Bob the Blobfish, a creature that doesn’t have any muscles in its body.
34. Boo, a spookish who is friends with Peso.
35. Boris, a narwhal who has known Captain Barnacles since childhood.
36. Calico Jack, the long lost grandfather of Kwazii. He is considered to be the best cat pirate ever.
37. Chinese Giant Salamander, the largest salamander in the world.
38. Claude, a coconut crab with a wife and three sons.
39. Coba, a little octopus living in a reef in the Caribbean sea.
40. Colossal Squid, the biggest squid in the ocean.
41. Corey, a coral polyp who dreamt of living on the Great Barrier Reef.
42. Decorator Crab, a carb with a sticky shell.
43. Dina, a daredevil and fearless sardine.
44. Dorian, an immortal jellyfish.
45. Eel, snake like creature who, when they travel, head straight to their birthplace.
46. Fiddler Crab, crustaceans living in the tunnels beneath the sandy beaches.
47. Firefly Squid, a small squid who is the smallest female on the show so far.
48. Gary, uncle of Frank who was only mentioned on the show.
49. Giant Isopod, three isopods who meet the 'Octonauts' during their Mariana Trench adventure.
50. Gray Whale, a whale hiding from the pods of orcas.
51. Hammerhead Shark Pup Siblings, a school of hammerhead shark pups.
52. Hank, a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a or Reef Triggerfish who mistook Gup B as a shark and got scared.
53. Harry, a harbor seal who is good at solving cases.
54. Henry, a grey bottlenose dolphin.
55. Hugo, a large penguin with a large ego.
56. Humphead Parrotfish, a special parrotfish who only eats rocks and carols.
57. Irving, a giant squid who is the evolutionary cousin of Professor Inkling.
58. Koshi, younger sister of Dashi who is a fan of mystery novels.
59. Leo, the Lion’s Mane Jellyfish who protects the small fish from getting eaten by the bigger fish.
60. Leon, an elephant seal who is friends with Peso.
61. Lisa, an orange, black and white colored clownfish mother.
62. Min the Mapmaker, an upcoming character who is friends with Professor Inkling.
63. Mitch, a humpback whale who helped Kwazii from 'Octonauts' come out of an iceberg.
64. Mortimer, a mimic octopus with different abilities.
65. Mound Coral, a character who appeared in the musical episode, 'Octonauts And The Great Barrier Reef'.
66. Muriel, a manta ray who lets her two remora fish friends ride on her stomach.
67. Murray, a moray eel capable of swimming into tight places.
68. Nora, a remora fish who gets accidentally attached to a sailfish.
69. Oarfish, the longest fish in the ocean who is shy in nature.
70. Ooju, an Adelie penguin who is Peso’s cousin.
71. Orca Whales, a big creature who is part of toothed whale groups, dolphins.
72. Pearl, a sea other who is a marine biologist. She is Shellington’s sister.
73. Periwinkle, baby nephew of Dr Shellington.
74. Peso’s Mother, mother of Pinto and Peso.
75. Pete, a friend of Kwazii who dreams of meeting a pirate and becoming a sidekick.
76. Pilot Fish, a creature capable of eating any gunk off sharks.
77. Pinto, the immature little brother of Peso who is interested in becoming a pirate.
78. Platypus, a creature who appeared in one of the episodes.
79. Professor Natquik, an arctic fox who is friends with Captain Barnacles. He is also a polar explorer.
80. Puffy, a porcupine puffer who is one of the most poisonous animals in the ocean.
81. Ranger Marsh, a park ranger and Tweak’s dad working in the Everglades, Florida, USA.
82. Ray, a torpedo ray who appeared in the episode 'The Electric Torpedo Rays'.
83. Rocko, an Adelie penguin who is the little cousin of Peso. He is also friends with Kwazii.
84. Sally, a surgeonfish with spikes to protect them from enemies.
85. Sandy, a leatherback sea turtle who is friends with Tweak. He travels the world through undersea currents.
86. Saul, an Antarctic sea star capable of moving on the ground.
87. Scared Simon, a whale who is scared of everything.
88. Sid, an orange, black, and white colored clownfish. He is friends with Lisa.
89. Siphonophore, a large creature that is made of several smaller creatures.
90. Slippy, a pink snot sea cucumber who leaves a trail of slimy and slippery snot.
91. Snapping Shrimp, a tiny shrimp known to be among the loudest sea creatures.
92. Squirt, a young and dumb octopus whose skills are similar to that of Professor Inkling.
93. The Bowhead Whale, a whale with massive heads who, along with other bowhead whales, helped Captain Barnacles.
94. The Comb Jelly, a creature with a see-through body.
95. The Dolphins, marine mammals living in the reef or shallow water.
96. Tom, a tiger shark who is among the biggest carnivorous sharks and can eat anything.
97. Tracker, an excited polar scout who is trained by Captain Barnacles.
98. Trixie, a triggerfish who made her home out of the litter found on the ocean’s surface.
99. Whale Shark, the biggest fish in the ocean with a big mouth.
100. Wilma, a Weddell seal who helped The 'Octonauts' in breaking the brinicles.
101. Wolf Eel, eels that have big, sharp jaws and wolf like coloring.
102. Yeti Crab, a creature living in the midnight zone.
Kidadi has many names articles that can inspire your next character. If you love this list of 'Octonauts' names, why not take a look at something different, like this list of all of the '101 Dalmatians' names or this list of all of the Angry Birds names?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.