The human body is as mysterious as it is fascinating.
Since time immemorial, scientists and enthusiasts alike have gotten together to compile bundles and bundles of research matter to help us learn more about our own bodies. Even though we are now closer to answering more questions than ever before, a lot still remains largely unanswered.
After our readers loved our animal trivia questions and science trivia articles, we decided to compile this anatomical quiz to share with you some craziest facts about the various organs of the body. So, attempt the human body trivia and find out how many human anatomy questions you can answer for yourself!
Easy Human Anatomy Trivia
Before we launch into the more mind boggling and complicated aspects of the human body, it's important that we acquaint ourselves first with the easier anatomy trivia questions. So take this basic anatomy quiz to find out what are some easy questions about anatomy!
1. Question: How much percentage of the human body is constituted by water?
2. Question: Is the nose of an average human being as long as the length of their thumb?
3. Question: At what rate does an average human being sneeze?
Answer: 100 miles per hour
4. Question: Cells related to which part of the body divide considerably faster when compared to the rest?
5. Question: The smallest bone in the human body can be compared with which real life object?
Answer: A grain of rice
6. Question: In which part of the human body do the smallest bones occur?
7. Question: Where are the smallest set of muscles in the human body found?
8. Question: How many taste buds does our tongue comprise of?
9. Question: Which is the largest organ in our body?
Answer: The skin
10. Question: What is the hardest substance in our bodies?
Answer: Tooth enamel
11. Question: What is the average lifespan of a red blood cell in our body?
Answer: Around 120 days
12. Question: In our body, which kind of cells are the longest?
Answer: The nerve cells
Hard Anatomy Questions And Answers
Now that you've gone through a basic quiz about the human body and read through our set of easy anatomy questions, it's time that we stepped things up a notch. Take this hard quiz on anatomy and arm yourself with some difficult science facts about the human body!
13. Question: How many molecules of oxygen can a single hemoglobin molecule carry?
14. Question: Sleep is regulated by which part of the human brain?
Answer: Suprachiasmatic nucleus
15. Question: What is the name of the space that exists within a tubular structure such as the vein?
16. Question: What is the name of the molecule that resides on the mitochondria's inner membrane?
17. Question: The average human brain comprises how many neurons?
18. Question: Which artery forms the main source of blood in our arms?
Answer: Brachial artery
19. Question: Under which muscle does the axillary artery pass?
Answer: Pectoralis minor
20. Question: The two hemispheres of the human brain are connected by what?
Answer: Corpus callosum
21. Question: Which part is known as the heart of the heart?
Answer: SA node
22. Question: Which blood type has no antigens?
Answer: Blood Type O
23. Question: Which is the thickest wall in the heart?
Answer: Left ventricle
24. Question: Which mineral is responsible for the formation of our bones?
Craziest Body Parts Trivia
No matter how much your brush up on your human anatomy 101, there will always exist a set of cool anatomy facts and fun medical trivia that will never cease to surprise you. Take this quiz on fun health trivia and body trivia to know what are the craziest facts about the human body!
25. Question: Which set of muscles in the human body never rest?
Answer: Heart Muscles
26. Question: How many dead skin cells do we shed in a minute?
Answer: Around 30,000
27. Question: Which part of the human body gets replaced every month?
Answer: The skin
28. Question: How much skin does the average human being shed in their lifetime?
Answer: Around 22 kilograms
29. Question: Higher mental activities are controlled by which part of the brain?
Answer: Frontal lobe
30. Question: Water comprises how much of a percentage of our brain?
31. Question: What portion of our body weight is constituted by blood?
32. Question: How much blood does the adult body contain?
Answer: Around 1.325 gallons
33. Question: Which blood cells do not have a nucleus?
Answer: Red blood cells (RBC)
34. Question: What is the total length constituted by all the blood vessels in our body?
Answer: 100 000 km
35. Question: How many bones does the wrist contain?
36. Question: What is the only bone in our body that is not connected to another?
37. Question: On average, how much time does it take for a bone to heal?
Answer: About 12 weeks
38. Question: What is the name of the spongy substance that fills our bones?
Answer: Bone marrow
39. Question: Which portion of the body is stronger than our bones?
40. Question: How much water does our body lose on average per day?
Answer: Around 2 liters
41. Question: At what speed are nerve impulses sent from the brain?
Answer: Approximately 274 km per hour
42. Question: During our average lifetime, how many liters of blood is pumped by our heart?
Answer: Around 182 million liters
43. Question: At any given time, how many enzymes are active in our body?
Answer: At least 700
44. Question: What is the scientific name for the belly button?
45. Question: What percentage of people are left-handed?
46. Question: Which muscle is the strongest in us?
47. Question: How much does an adult's heart weigh?
Answer: Around 220-260 grams
48. Question: HCL is produced by which cells in the stomach?
Answer: Oxyntic cells
49. Question: The disorder of which system causes the disease jaundice?
Answer: Digestive system
50. Question: What is the name of the membrane that covers our lungs?
Answer: Pleural membrane
51. Question: What is the total count of alveoli in both of our lungs?
52. Question: The larynx consists of how many unpaired cartilages?
Answer: 3 (Cricoids, thyroid, and epiglottis)
53. Question: How many parts is the small intestine divided into?
Answer: 3 (duodenum, jejunum, and ileum)
54. Question: What are the sinuses of the spleen filled with?
55. Question: What is the average duration of our cardiac cycle?
Answer: 0.8 seconds
56. Question: What is the graphic illustration of the cardiac conduction system known as?
57. Question: What portion of the pancreas produces and secretes insulin?
Answer: Islets of Langerhans
58. Question: Which enzyme is activated by the bile salts in the liver?
59. Question: The liver is responsible for the production of which vitamin in our bodies?
Answer: Vitamin A
60. Question: How many different kinds of colors can our eyes distinguish?
Answer: Around 10 million
61. Question: How many muscles do we make use of when we smile?
62. Question: Is it possible to sneeze with our eyes open?
63. Question: How many different kinds of smells can our noses detect?
Answer: Around 1 trillion
64. Question: What is the name of the gland that secretes the hormone melatonin?
Answer: Pineal gland
65. Question: How much salt do our bodies contain on average?
Answer: Around 2,650 grams
66. Question: What is the length of the small intestine in an adult?
Answer: 7 meters
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for anatomy trivia then why not take a look at biology trivia, or horse trivia.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.