The Asatru religion is thousands of years old.
Asatru is a religion which worships many god and goddesses and believes in the ancient Germanic spirits and gods. Its beginnings are lost in pre-history.
It is older than Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, and most other religions. The followers of the Nordic-Neo pagan religion created the term 'Asatru' during the 19th century. This was done to assign the modern reconstruction of Scandinavia's religious traditions before the introduction of Christianity. The most important are Thor, Odin, Frigg, Freyr, Tyr, Heimdall, and Loki. Asatru got its official and legal establishment in the '70s in Iceland. Asatru is a native expression of the belief of Indigenous European people. The person who practices this religion is referred to as Asatrui, and Asatru is also called Germanic paganism, Wodanism, or Wotanism.
Asatru is also referred to as "The Religion of Viking" because of its connections with Norse myths and folklore, but also as the formation of Asatru and its religious beliefs are centered in the Old Norse literature, including poems and sagas of the Viking period or of early modern Scandinavian and late medieval times. These show much of the pre-Christian Scandinavian religious beliefs and practices.
Asatru quotes are very inspiring and give us knowledge of this religion. We have listed some of the best Asatru quotes, including Asatru quotes on humility, Asatru good luck quotes, Asatru war quotes, Asatru love quotes, Asatru Havamal quotes, Asatru quotes on brothers, Asatru luck quotes, Asatru humility quotes, inspirational Asatru quotes, and Asatru family quotes.
While you enjoy these quotes, do also take a look at these Epicurus quotes and [Horace quotes] too.
Inspirational Quotes From Asatru
In this section, you can read all about the Asatru inspirational quotes and get inspired.
1. "And a godlike man–a man who is a pure force–inaccessible to any compromise–is called a hero."
- Mark Mirabello.
2. "Trust not him whose father, brother or other kin you have slain, no matter how young he be, for often grows the wolf in the child."
- Volsunga Saga.
3. "Sorrow eats the heart if you cannot tell someone your whole mind."
4. "The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care."
- Hugh MacLeod.
5. "Mysteries should not be explained–they should be experienced. That is the way of Odin."
- Mark Mirabello.
Asatru Quotes About Love
The love Asatru quotes are very unique, you must read them.
6. "Suddenly, all of my ancestors are behind me. Be still, they say. Watch and listen you are the result of the love of thousands."
- Linda Hogan.
7. "The common always love what is new."
8. "The Giant in front of you is never bigger than the Gods who love within you."
- Christine Caine.
9. "Honor the Gods, Love your women, Defend your kin."
- Hector, 'Troy'.
Asatru Quotes About Ancestors
What we are, from where we came, and what our life is made of, you can understand from the quotes below.
10. "Trust not him whose father, brother or other kin you have slain no matter how young he be, for often grows the wolf in the child."
- 'The Saga of Harald Hardrade.'
11. "Trust no man so well that you trust not yourself better. Many are unfit to be trusted.”
- Grettir Saga.
12. "The song of my ancestors has not faded into time. I still sing them in this heathen heart of mine."
More Quotes From Asatru
These are some very inspirational and unique Asatru quotes that will inspire and uplift you. These are quotes from Asatru, a Native European spirituality.
13. "I don't know how I am going to win. I just know I am not going to lose."
- Gokhan Saki.
14. "Find something you would die for and live for it."
15. "That which has a bad beginning is likely to have a bad ending."
16. "The future will be a return to the past."
17. "… when the gods made man, they made a weapon."
18. "Be strong when you are weak, Be brave when you are scared, Be humble when you are victorious."
- Michelle Moschetti
Asatru Quotes About War
We understand a lot about war from history and Asatru has some essence of it too in these quotes.
19. "When following the way don't be afraid of dying."
20. "If you want to be strong, Learn how to fight alone."
21. "Warriors do not lower themselves to the standards of other people; they live independently according to their own standards and code of honor."
- Bohdi Sanders.
22. "The journey might be challenging and full of dangers. Take a rest if you must, but never turn back. Your very next step can be a moment of triumph. Your very next battle can be your greatest victory."
23. "The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade maybe."
Asatru Wedding Blessing Quotes
Here are some amazing quotes about weddings and the blessings that Asatru tells us about.
24. "I hallow this horn of mead to Gods and Goddesses, High and Holy, Aieser and Vanir first known in the north Frigga and Odin, Thor and Sif, Freya and Freyr, Balder and Nanna, Disir and Alfar. Bless this wedding."
25. "Shieldmaidens, be the woman who with each step you connect to your ancestors. Strength passed through generations to you and on to the next. Be the wise woman who has learned from her battles. Fools fight to win, the wise win before the battles has even begun."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 25 ancient and amazing Asatru quotes to inspire and uplift you. then why not take a look at these Euripides quotes and ancient quotes too?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.