How about taking a peek at the animal world and its infinite wonders?
There are as many as 8.7 million species in the natural world. And each has its own set of features and unique abilities!
But do you think you know all these unique facts about animals? From 'what kind of animal is a badger?' to hard trivia questions about animals like 'what animal has the longest lifespan?'*, we have you all covered. Whether you want to try out these fun random animal trivia questions with your kids or compete with your friends to get these hard animal questions right, we guarantee you will have fun! Inspired by the success of our horse trivia and shark trivia, we have curated these trivia questions and answers for you to play! Ranging from pet trivia questions and answers to wildlife trivia questions, we have got an extensive list of fun animal trivia for kids! You can play this game and time yourself to see how many questions you get right! Buckle up your belts and get on an adventurous ride with us! Let's explore the wild and answer some easy trivia questions about animals.
(*Badgers are carnivorous mammals and the blue whale has the longest lifespan, but of course you knew that!)
Wild animals are the most extensive section of the animal world. These animals live in the jungles, and their fates are left up to mother nature. They hunt or get hunted and hence have to look after themselves without any human intervention. Many of these are carnivores and hence rule the food pyramid. Others, on the other hand, have to search for food and protect themselves. So, what are you waiting for? Try out this wild animal trivia and see if you can answer all these trivia about animals. These are simple and general easy animal trivia about the most common animals you will find in the wild. Well, mostly. So go on and try it out!
1. Question: Which is the slowest animal on Earth?
Answer: Three-toed Sloth
2. Question: How many noses does a slug have?
3. Question: Which animal, also considered the largest land mammal in the world, cannot jump?
4. Question: Which is the tallest animal?
5. Question: Which bird is considered to be the largest bird in the world?
6. Question: Which aquatic mammal in the world has the most extended lifespan?
Answer: Bowhead Whale
7. Question: Which is the largest mammal in the ocean?
Answer: Blue whale
8. Question: Which animal is considered the fastest animal on Earth?
9. Question: Dove is considered to be the symbol of ___.
10. Question: What is a female deer called?
11. Question: Which is the smallest bird in the world?
Answer: Bee Hummingbird
12. Question: How many legs does a spider have?
13. Question: Which aquatic animal is the most poisonous one in the world?
14. Question: Which animal has the most extended tail?
15. Question: Which bird is considered the fastest bird?
Answer: Peregrine Falcon
16. Question: How many eyes does a shrimp have?
17. Question: What kind of animal is a Dolphin?
18. Question: How heavy is a brown bear?
Answer: 550 pounds
19. Question: How many wings does a fly have?
Answer: One pair
20. Question: What is a group of hedgehogs known as?
21. Question: Where is a shrimp's heart located?
Answer: In its head
22. Question: Which animal runs in a zig-zag manner to escape its predator?
23. Question: What is a baby Puffin called?
24. Question: How long is a leopard's tail?
Answer: Almost as long as its body
25. Question: Which animal has three hearts?
26. Question: Which animal has the highest blood pressure?
27. Question: How many legs does a worker honeybee have?
28. Question: What part of a rodent never stops growing until it dies?
29. Question: What is a group of Elephants called?
Answer: A parade
30. Question: What is the color of a giraffe's tongue?
Crazy Animal Trivia Questions
Some animals are just plain weird. What a normal quiz about animals misses out on are the weird animal trivia questions. From weird facts about animals to their similarities with the human body, we have curated a list of animal trivia questions that will just leave your jaw hanging. From the number of hearts to the number of eyes, every animal is merely weird in its own way. Find below the animal trivia questions and answers to enter the world of crazy animal facts.
31. Question: Wrinkles on a Gorilla's nose is similar to what part of the human body?
32. Question: How long is a chameleon's tongue?
Answer: As long as its body
33. Question: How many heart chambers does a cockroach have?
34. Question: Which animal does not drink water and survives on metabolism?
Answer: Kangaroo rat
35. Question: Which mammal lays eggs?
36. Question: Giraffes don't have _____.
Answer: Vocal cords
37. Question: How far can Peregrine falcon see?
Answer: A mile away
38. Question: Which animal does not sleep?
39. Question: What is a Rhinoceros horn made up of?
Answer: Hair (Keratin)
40. Question: Which big cat has the loudest roar out of all the big cats?
41. Question: How long can Emperor Penguins stay underwater?
Answer: 27 minutes
42. Question: What is the color of a Polar Bear's hair?
Answer: It does not have any color. It is hollow and reflects the light.
43. Question: How many times does a hummingbird flap its wings to hover?
Answer: 200 times per second
44. Question: Belgian blue is a breed of which animal?
45. Question: Where are a Kiwi's nostrils?
Answer: At the end of the beak
46. Question: Which bird consumes only bones?
Answer: Bearded Eagle
47. Question: A Grebe cannot _____.
48. Question: Which animal dies after giving birth?
49. Question: Which shrimp has the fastest punch?
Answer: Mantis Shrimp
50. Question: What do sea otters do when they sleep in water?
Answer: They hold hands
51. Question: Which fish are born as males?
52. Question: Which amphibian can regenerate its limbs?
53. Question: A Grizzly Bear's bite is enough to crush a _____.
Answer: Bowling ball
54. Question: Which animal looks like a small deer but has fangs?
55. Question: What do Humpback whales use to prey?
56. Question: Which primate is the only venomous primate in the world?
Answer: Slow lorises
57. Question: A male horse has more ____ when compared to a female horse.
58. Question: Which mammal can truly fly?
59. Question: Which insect is known for changing its color?
Answer: Golden tortoise beetle
60. Question: How do octopuses taste?
Answer: With their tentacles
We all love pets—some more than others. Pets are the best way to teach your little one about compassion and responsibility. They are these domesticated animals that learn to live with humans. You may know the common day to day facts about these animals, but there are many pet animal trivia questions and answers that no one knows about! Here are some fun animal trivia questions that will surely make you want pets!
61. Question: Where do dogs have their sweat glands?
62. Question: What is the oldest known breed of dog?
Answer: Saluki dogs
63. Question: Cats cannot taste sugar. Truth or false?
64. Question: Snakes do not have eyelids. True or false?
65. Question: How sensitive are geckos' eyes?
Answer: 300 times more sensitive than human eyes
66. Question: What percent of bones are in a cat's tail?
67. Question: All spiders are nearsighted. True or false?
68. Question: Snakes have a flexible ____.
69. Question: Which is the only breed of dog that cannot bark?
70. Question: Komodo dragon is the largest reptile in the world. True or false?
71. Question: What breed of cat is the cat 'Garfield'?
Answer: Orange Persian
72. Question: How many teeth does an adult dog have?
73. Question: What breed of dog is also known as 'Sausage dog'?
74. Question: How many feathers does a budgie have?
Answer: Up to 3000 feathers
75. Question: What is a group of cats called?
76. Question: All parrots are herbivores. True or false?
77. Question: Are guinea pigs related to pigs?
Answer: No, they are rodents.
78. Question: An Egyptian Mau is what type of animal?
79. Question: Comet is what type of animal?
80. Question: How long do cats groom?
Answer: At least one-third of the time, they are awake.
81. Question: How many olfactory receptors do dogs have?
Answer: 220 million
82. Question: How do hamsters blink?
Answer: One eye at a time
83. Question: What part of a cat's body, when compared to the size of its head, is the largest in the world?
84. Question: How long can iguanas hold their breath?
Answer: 20 minutes
85. Question: Which pet is the cheapest one to own?
Answer: Hermit Crab
86. Question: Which is the second most loyal animal to humans?
87. Question: What is another name for a Budgerigar?
88. Question: What is Guppy, also known as?
Answer: Millions fish
89. Question: Goldfish do not have stomachs. True or false?
90. Question: Which is the most popular breed of spiders for pets?
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for animal trivia questions then why not take a look at anatomy trivia or biology trivia for more animal questions.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.