The Elder Scrolls games series are hugely popular and from them, we get some cool Argonian names.
Argonians are reptile folks in the world of Elder Scrolls. They live in the swampy marshland that the Argonian people refer to as the Black Marsh, so Argonian names are often called "Black marsh names" by outsiders.
Argonian names are derived from two major Argonian languages, the Jel and the Tamreilic. Receiving a name in the Argonian tradition is quite fascinating. The Elder Scrolls Argonian names are obtained on the day of Chukka-sei, a traditional day of naming celebrated in the season of Hist-dooka. On the day, a Tree Minder collects the sap that drips from the Hist tree, which the young Argonian drinks, and is given a name in Jel.
Their names in Tamreilic are either a separate name or the Jel name's meaning in Tamreilic. Tamreilic is generally preferred because Jel names are quite weird to pronounce. Here is the list of some of the best Argonian names.
Male Argonian Names
Argonians have some fascinating male names. These male ESO Argonian names are perfect if you want to signify the strength of your character:
1. Alexandros (Latin origin), meaning "protector."
2. Alexian (Greek origin), meaning "to help."
3. Alexius (Latin origin), meaning "to defend."
4. Alexus (Ancient Greek origin), meaning "a caring man."
5. Augustian (Latin origin), meaning "to increase."
6. Claudius (Latin origin), meaning "crippled."
7. Demetrius (Greek Origin), meaning "devoted to religions."
8. Diocleticus (Roman Origin), meaning "four great rulers." There was a very courageous Roman King by this name as well as an Argonian warrior.
9. Heracles (Greek Origin), meaning "Glorious hero." It was also the name of Zeus's son, who was a divine hero in Argonian lore.
10. Hericus (Ancient Germanic Origin), meaning "ruler of the home."
11. Heros (Greek Origin), meaning "The leader."
12. Idolan (Ancient Roman Origin), meaning "one who is idolized." One of the unique Argonian warrior names.
13. Julian (Latin origin), meaning "youthful."
14. Julius (Roman Origin), meaning 'bearded.'
15. Neros (Roman Origin), meaning "vigorous."
16. Nerula (Indian Origin), meaning "fighter."
17. Pilian (Scottish Origin), meaning "horse rider."
18. Tibian (Nigerian Origin), meaning "beautiful things."
19. Tiberius (Latin Origin), meaning "near the river."
20. Usha (Sanskrit Origin), meaning "dawn." It is one of the unique male Skyrim Argonian names.
Female Argonian Names
Argonians have many magical female names too. These are a few of the Argonian magical female names:
21. Aphena (Greek Origin), meaning "Goddess of knowledge."
22. Aphia (Phonecian Origin), meaning "most important."
23 Aphiana (Greek Origin), meaning "New Beauty."
24. Aphina (Greek Origin), meaning "Goddess of love."
25. Aphonia (Latin origin), meaning "soundless."
26. Artiana (Italian origin), meaning "very holy."
27. Artonia (Latin origin), meaning "magical."
28. Athiana (Greek Origin), meaning "war."
29. Athonia (English origin), meaning "princess." It was the name of an ancient kingdom.
30. Demiana (French origin), meaning "free half."
31 . Hecena (Greek Origin), meaning "bright light."
32. Judiana (French origin), meaning "benevolent."
33. Nikiana (Greek Origin), meaning "white." One of the most important Argonian healer names.
34. Perena (Latin origin), meaning 'eternal.'
35. Peronia (Greek Origin), meaning 'breath.'
36. Tabiana (Greek Origin), meaning 'luck.'
37. Tabina (Persian origin), meaning 'illumination.'
38. Terena (Greek Origin), means 'earthly.'
39. Teriana (English origin), meaning 'harvester.'
40. Tyrina (Greek Origin), meaning 'controller.'
Unisex Argonian Names
These Argonian names are obtained from Tamrelic languages that are used by the Argonians as their common tongue. The folklore mentions these names as unisex and sometimes describing the unique characters of the name holder:
41. Cali is a common unisex Argonian name and surname.
42. Thinks-in-gears is a fire Argonian mage.
43. Strong voice refers to an Argonian brewer.
44. Speaks-in-tongue is an Argonian name for someone who speaks in Jel.
45. Swims-in-silence is an Argonian member at Fort Virak.
46. Dar-Ma is the name of an Argonian daughter.
47. Theo (Greek origin) is a popular name.
48. Augus is another surname.
49. Xer is an Argonian name that can be used as a prefix for the name Xerxes.
50. Tiber is another prefix and can create the name, Tiberius.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.