On 21 February, 2005, when the first episode of 'Avatar The Last Airbender' aired on television, it took the entire world by storm.
So compelling was the show's story line and so well written were its characters, that the series made ripples among the audience within mere days of its release. Even though the last episode of the show aired a decade ago, the series continues to be routinely celebrated as among the most well-made television shows of all time and has amassed a cult following in the process.
You loved our anime trivia and avengers trivia articles so much that we decided to come up with this 'Avatar The Last Airbender' trivia to take all the avatar fans a walk down memory lane. Read through these 'Avatar The Last Airbender' questions and test your memory for yourself!
'Avatar The Last Airbender' Production And Response Trivia
Besides the show's characters and story lines, the tales of its production days and the response that it received from the audience are equally fascinating as well. Read on to uncover a few amusing anecdotes about team avatar!
1. Question: Which unforgettable character on 'Avatar The Last Airbender' was among the last to be written into the series?
2. Question: Which character, who was not originally meant to be a recurrent character, ended up being one owing to the response of the fans?
Answer: The Cabbage Man
3. Question: What are the name of the martial arts on which the elemental bending movements portrayed on the show are based?
Answer: Earthbending- Hung Gar Kung Fu, Firebending-Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, Waterbending- Tai Chi, Airbending- Baguazhang
4. Question: The creator of the show, Michael Dante DiMartino, left which popular show to work on Avatar?
Answer: 'Family Guy' (1999)
5. Question: The voice actor for which character passed away while recording their parts for the last few episodes of season 2?
Answer: Uncle Iroh (Mako). Mako was suceeded by Greg Baldwin in season 3
6. Question: Azula voice actress Grey DeLisle is also known for playing which popular character in the 'Scooby-Doo' Franchise?
Answer: Daphne Blake
7. Question: How much is Azula voice actor Grey DeLisle worth?
Answer: $5 million
8. Question: Which two popular characters of the show never shared a dialogue during the show's runtime?
Answer: Uncle Iroh and Fire Lord Ozai
9. Question: The name "Avatar" is derived from a Sanskrit word. What does this word mean?
Answer: Those who descend.
10. Question: All three seasons share a very specific similarity. What is it?
Answer: All of them open on a boat
11. Question: What do the four Chinese characters that are written above the title translate to?
Answer: The divine medium who has descended upon the mortal world
12. Question: Which popular character on avatar was originally written as a 16 year old teenage boy?
Answer: Toph Bei Fong
'Avatar The Last Airbender' Cast Trivia:
Team Avatar made sure that Avatar Aang and his friends and all the Avatar main characters were played by a stellar who left no stone unturned to breathe life into them. Take this 'Avatar The Last Airbender' quiz to discover some fascinating anecdotes about the individuals that were behind your favorite characters!
13. Question: Zach Tyler Eisen ended up being the final voice for avatar Aang. Who was the actor who played Aang in the show's pilot?
Answer: Mitchell Musso
14. Question: Appa's primal bellows and Momo's screeches were voiced by the same person. What is the name of the actor?
Answer: Dee Bradley Baker
15. Question: Which celebrated actor best known for playing Luke Skywalker in the 'Star Wars' film series and for playing 'Joker in Batman: The Animated Series' (1992), plays Fire Lord Ozai on the show?
Answer: Mark Hamill
16. Question: Which WWE hall of fame wrestler voices the Boulder in 3 episodes of 'Avatar The Last Airbender'?
Answer: Mick Foley
17. Question: On which fellow wrestler and WWE alumni did Mick Foley base his performance on the show?
Answer: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
18. Question: The character of Admiral Zhao was inspired by whom?
Answer: William Tavington from 'The Patriot' (2000)
19. Question: On whose headshots are Azula's character design based?
Answer: Grey DeLisle (her voice actress)
20. Question: While working on 'Avatar The Last Airbender,' Dante Basco (Zuko) and Mae Whitman (Katara) were working on which other animated series?
Answer: 'American Dragon: Jake Long' (2005)
21. Question: Which popular actor was initially rumored to play Zuko, eventually dropping out due to scheduling conflicts?
Answer: Jeff Goldblum
22. Question: Monk Gyatso, Aang's airbending master, was named after whom?
Answer: The current Dalai Lama
23. Question: Mako Iwamatsu, who played Uncle Iroh during the first two seasons of the show, is also known for playing which character on the popular show 'Samurai Jack' (2001-2004)?
24. Question: Mae Whitman, who voices Katara on 'Avatar The Last Airbender' is best known for starring in which popular sitcom?
Answer: As Ann Veal on 'Arrested Development'
'Avatar The Last Airbender' Characters Trivia
No set of Avatar quizzes and The Last Airbender quizzes can ever be complete without the mention of the incredibly popular characters in the show. Attempt this Avatar trivia quiz to check how much you remember about Aang's journey on the show!
25. Question: Who did Toph marry?
26. Question: How old is Azula?
27. Question: How old is Sokka?
28. Question: How old is Toph?
29. Question: How old is Zuko?
30. Question: How old is Katara?
31. Question: How old is Aang?
Answer: 112 (only 12 physically)
32. Question: Of which secret society is Iroh, a member of?
Answer: Order of the White Lotus
33. Question: Momo was discovered at which air temple?
Answer: The Southern Air Temple
34. Question: In what capacity was Sozin related to the Fire Lord?
35. Question: Katara and Sokka belonged to which water tribe?
Answer: Southern water tribe
36. Question: Which character acts as a spiritual guide to Aang to help him in accessing the avatar state?
Answer: Guru Pathik
'Avatar The Last Airbender' Plot Trivia
Through the course of its three seasons, Aang and his friends embarked on enough adventures to give viewers ample fodder for discussion. Read on to discover some fascinating trivia from the show!
37. Question: Why did the fire nation attack?
Answer: The war was initiated by Fire Lord Sozin, who wished to expand the fire nation into a world wide empire
38. Question: What is the meaning of Ba Sing Se, the capital city of the earth kingdom?
Answer: Perpetually strong city
39. Question: Who was the Earthbender Avatar who also found a group of female warriors with the aim of protecting her homeland?
Answer: Avatar Kyoshi
40. Question: For the majority of the hundred year war, where was Aang?
Answer: Frozen in an iceberg
41. Question: In the world of 'Avatar The Last Airbender', what were the lion turtles once said to carry on their backs?
Answer: Human cities
42. Question: Which Avatar was born in the fire nation?
Answer: Avatar Roku
43. Question: What were the religious authority of the fire nation known as ?
Answer: The Fire Sages
44. Question: What is the name of the Earthbender who appears in the opening sequence of each episode of the show?
45. Question: What was the first Airbending talent that Aang exhibited?
Answer: He went 10 feet in the air by sneezing
46. Question: In total, how many sisters did Ty Lee have?
47. Question: After successfully crossing the serpent's pass, what name does the woman give to her newly birthed baby?
48. Question: What was Iroh's son named as?
Answer: Lu Ten
49. Question: At what age did Aang become an Airbending master?
50. Question: Which signature weapon did Sokka inherit from his father?
Answer: A boomerang
51. Question: From whom do Aang and Katara learn Waterbending from?
Answer: Master Pakku
52. Question: What is the name of the spirit that acts as the guardian of the library of knowledge?
Answer: Wan Shi Tong
53. Question: Which location is claimed to be the birthplace of Earthbending?
Answer: Cave of Two Lovers
54. Question: Of which Earth kingdom city is Bumi, a childhood friend of Aang, the ruler of?
55. Question: What is the name of the princess that becomes the new moon spirit?
Answer: Princess Yue
56. Question: Female Airbenders were exclusively housed by which two air temples?
Answer: Western and Eastern
57. Question: What was that once-in-a-century occurrence that promised to greatly increase the power of Firebenders?
Answer: Sozin's Comet
58. Question: Under what name does Toph fight in the underground Earthbending tournaments?
Answer: The Blind Bandit
59. Question: What is the strongest ability that an avatar can induce as showcased in the series?
Answer: The Avatar State
60. Question: Who are the only Firebenders in 'Avatar The Last Airbender' who were capable of generating lightning?
Answer: Ozai, Azula, and Iroh
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 'Avatar The Last Airbender' trivia, then why not take a look at 'Star Wars' trivia or 2000s trivia.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.