Unique quotations are often simple but each one has a deep meaning behind it.
These amazing quotes about life tell a story that we may be aware of but need to be reminded of often. Quotes that are unique are like an echo of thoughts focused on different aspects of life.
You can take inspiration and motivation from the words of these amazing quotes about being different to inspire you to think positively and always remember and celebrate what makes you unique. This article is packed full of wonderful quotes about life, be unique quotes, and quotes about being different to help you stand out in the crowd with pride. These unique sayings are amazing quotes to inspire everybody.
Unique quotes about life can be both long and eloquent or short and snappy. Each quote itself is absolutely unique, just like every person on earth is special and unique too. The best part about these unique quotes is that they will not only entertain you but they will also provide you with new ideas of confidence that you can truly believe in and demonstrate. These cool quotes about life and quotes about not fitting in, might also look excellent when printed on shirts, mugs or tote bags. These positive, powerful words packed with wisdom can go in your journal pages or scrapbook layouts too. The ideas are endless!
If you love reading quotes, why not also look at our unexpected quotes and unicorn quotes, but for now take all the help and inspiration that you need from this list of the best (from the most popular to the most rare) quotes about being different and unique!
Cool Unique Quotes About Living Your Own Life
It is difficult to pinpoint the best quote ever but some unique quotes have more impact on the mind than others. These cool unique quotes can be extremely powerful and can even help to change people’s lives. They can motivate people to truly embrace and love the unique, wonderful people that they are. It’s important to read these amazing quotes on life carefully, pondering over every word, and understanding the meaning they are trying to convey. From ironic quotes, such as Margaret Mead's assertion to, “always remember that you are absolutely unique... just like everyone else” to inspiring quotes about being different, there is a unique quote for everyone on this list.
1. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.”
– Margaret Mead.
2. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.”
– Robert Frost.
3. “What sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden and it’s not. And a lot of the time, it’s what makes you great.”
4. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.”
- Helen Keller.
5. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
– Leonardo da Vinci.
6. “The best time for new beginnings is now.”
– 'Creative Journals'.
7. “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.”
– Maya Angelou.
8. “To live will be an awfully big adventure.”
– J. M Barrie, 'Peter Pan'
9. “Reality is wrong, dreams are for real.”
10. “Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.”
- Kahlil Gibran.
11. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”
– Oprah Winfrey.
12. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
13. “Success does not consist in never making mistakes, but in never making the same one a second time.”
– George Bernard Shaw.
14. “All limitations are self-imposed.”
– Oliver Wendell Holmes.
15. “It’s okay not to be okay.”
16. “The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.”
17. “Never let your emotions overpower your intelligence.”
18. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”
- George Addair.
19. “Imitation is suicide.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
20. “There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion.”
- Edgar Allan Poe.
21. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.”
– Steve Martin.
22. “Normality is a paved road: it’s comfortable to walk but no flowers grow.”
– Vincent van Gogh.
Unique Funny Quotes
Life changing quotes don't always need to be serious. Humor, coupled with words of wisdom, makes plenty of excellent funny yet powerful quotes that inspire people all over the world. Whether you are looking for quotes on uniqueness, quotes about accepting challenges in life, or quotes about self-worth, these fun words with profound meanings will always be enjoyable. They help to lighten up the mood as well teaching us something important, what's not to like?
23. “Fitting in allows you to blend in with everyone else, but being different allows you to be yourself, to be unique and to be more creative.”
- Sonya Parker.
24. “Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
25. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”
- Judy Garland.
26. “We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.”
– Bryan White.
27. “Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”
– Alan Dundes.
28. “If you want your children to listen, try talking softly to someone else.”
– Ann Landers.
29. “A smile is the shortest distance between two people.”
– Victor Borge.
30. “The hardest thing is to do nothing and do it well.”
- Marty Rubin.
31. “Trouble knocked at the door, but, hearing laughter, hurried away.”
– Benjamin Franklin.
32. “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.”
— Stephen Hawking.
33. “Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?… He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!”
– Billy Connolly.
34. “To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.”
- Reba McEntire.
35. “If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?”
– Abraham Lincoln.
36. “Stop worrying about the world ending today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.”
– Charles M. Schulz.
37. “A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.”
- Groucho Marx.
38. “Just keep your cool and your sense of humor.”
- Smiley Blanton.
39. “Nothing to do is itself a great doing.”
- Ehsan Sehgal.
40. “I can take it. The tougher it gets, the cooler I get.”
– Richard Nixon.
41. “Money won’t buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research staff to study the problem.”
– Bill Vaughan.
42. “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.”
– Pablo Picasso.
43. “Pretending to do something when you're doing nothing is an art form in itself.”
― Sue Grafton.
Unique And Beautiful Quotes To Make You Smile
Words put together in the right way, can mean beautiful things and this is true about these unique and beautiful quotes. These exclusive sayings not only sound cool but also resonate with meaningful thoughts. We hope you enjoy these inspiring quotes about being different, including beautiful quotes by American poet Maya Angelou and the most powerful quote from Coco Chanel: “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.”
44. “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.”
- Coco Chanel.
45. “Who you are authentically is alright.”
- Laverne Cox.
46. “No one is you and that is your superpower.”
47. “If I’m gonna tell a real story, I’m gonna start with my name.”
– Kendrick Lamar.
48. “Normal is not something to aspire to, it’s something to get away from.”
- Jodie Foster.
49. “The most incredible beauty and the most satisfying way of life come from affirming your own uniqueness.”
- Jane Fonda.
50. “There is a road from the eye to the heart that does not go through the intellect.”
- G.K. Chesterton.
51. “People have a problem with me being different, but that propels me forward in life.”
- Mary-Louise Parker.
52. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.”
53. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
54. “The person who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The person who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever seen before.”
– Albert Einstein.
55. “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself.”
– Luna Lovegood, 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows'.
56. “Nothing lasts forever but at least we got these memories.”
57. “The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda. It all comes down to what you do today.”
– John C. Maxwell.
58. “Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
- Maya Angelou.
59. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
60. “The meaning of life is to give life meaning.”
– Ken Hudgins.
61. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.”
- Brian Tracy.
62. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
- Vidal Sassoon.
63. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.”
— John Lennon.
64. “Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
– Roald Dahl.
65. “In order to write about life first you must live it.”
– Ernest Hemingway.
66. “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.”
– Leo Burnett.
67. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.”
– Arthur Rubinstein.
68. “It’s lovely to know that the world can’t interfere with the inside of your head.”
- Frank McCourt.
69. “Individualism is rather like innocence: there must be something unconscious about it.”
- Louis Kronenberger.
70. “If I'm going to sing like someone else, then I don't need to sing at all.”
- Billie Holiday.
71. “I am thankful for all of those who said, 'no' to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.”
- Albert Einstein.
72. “A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.”
- Brian Tracy.
73. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”
- Dr. Seuss.
74. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
- Margaret Mead.
75. “Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.”
- Oscar Wilde.
76. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
– Mark Twain.
77. “Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.”
- Malcolm Muggeridge.
78. “It's not what we have in life but who we have in our life that matters.”
– Margaret Laurence.
79. “Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”
- Immanuel Kant.
Quotes About Being Unique
Being different may be scary sometimes but it’s who you are! Wise people say uniqueness is good because you are no one else’s shadow, and we can't help but agree. These quotes about standing out and quotes on being unique will encourage you to continue embracing and enjoying your uniqueness. Every human on the planet is different, and these wonderful quotes showcasing uniqueness help us celebrate this difference. They uphold the idea of accepting yourself as you are, and for that reason, we love them!
80. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”
– Elbert Hubbard.
81. “Change the world by being yourself.”
– Amy Poehler.
82. “When you embrace your difference, your DNA, your look or heritage or religion or your unusual name, that’s when you start to shine.”
- Bethenny Frankel.
83. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.”
– Kurt Cobain.
84. “If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.”
– Henry David Thoreau.
85. “Cherish forever what makes you unique, ‘cuz you’re really a yawn if it goes.”
- Bette Midler.
86. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
- T. S. Eliot.
87. “Only recently have I realized that being different is not something you want to hide or squelch or suppress.”
- Amy Gerstler .
88. “I'm finally realizing who my friends really are. And maybe being different isn't the end of the world. That's just who I am.”
– Adam Armus.
89. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”
- Coco Chanel.
90. “I think every person has their own identity and beauty. Everyone being different is what is really beautiful. If we were all the same, it would be boring.”
– Tila Tequila.
91. “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
– George Bernard Shaw.
92. “Different is good. When someone tells you that you are different, smile and hold your head up and be proud.”
– Angelina Jolie.
93. “There's nothing wrong with being different.”
- David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick.
94. “So much of our time is spent in preparation, so much in routine and so much in retrospect, that the amount of each person’s genius is confined to a very few hours.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
95. “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
96. “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.”
– Elizabeth Gilbert.
97. “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.”
– Frank Sinatra.
98. “There is nothing wrong with people being different or having different roles in life, these differences only make life more interesting.”
- Peter Smith.
99. “The roots of beauty are love and kindness, the fruits are meaning and purpose.”
- Maxime Lagacé.
100. “It is the chiefest point of happiness that a man is willing to be what he is.”
- Desiderius Erasmus.
101. “By being yourself you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.”
– Edwin Elliott.
102. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.”
― Robert Frost.
103. “People have a problem with me being different, but that propels me forward in life.”
– Mary-Louise Parker .
104. “The unexamined life is not worth living.”
105. “Live for each second without hesitation.”
— Elton John.
106. “Every day is not a success. Every year is not a success. You have to celebrate the good.”
– Reese Witherspoon.
Short Unique Quotes About Being Different
These short quotes about life, courage and happiness are a powerhouse of inspiration. Simple quotes like “my life is my message” by Mahatma Gandhi are able to say so much in just a few words. They are impressive and effective at the same time. These short quotes will leave you wanting more and will inspire you to always live your own, unique life.
107. “Leave something for someone but don’t leave someone for something.”
– Enid Blyton.
108. “Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are.”
109. “We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience.”
– George Bernard Shaw.
110. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.”
- T.S Eliot.
111. “One day or day one. It's your decision.”
112. “A day without laughter is a day wasted.”
– Charlie Chaplin.
113. “No pressure, no diamonds.”
- Thomas Carlyle.
114. “Optimism is true moral courage.”
- Ernest Shackleton.
115. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.”
— LeBron James.
116. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
- Mae West.
117. “Not all who wander are lost.”
– J.R.R. Tolkien.
118. “We build too many walls and not enough bridges.”
- Isaac Newton.
119. “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.”
– Maya Angelou.
120. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.”
– Lucille Ball.
121. “Kites rise high against the wind, not with it.”
– Winston Churchill.
122. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
123. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.”
– Dale Carnegie.
124. “Trusting your individual uniqueness challenges you to lay yourself open.”
- James Broughton.
125. “Forget the failures. Keep the lessons.”
– Dalai Lama.
126. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.”
– A. A. Milne 'Winnie The Pooh'.
127. “Wisdom is the daughter of experience.”
- Leonardo da Vinci.
128. “He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.”
– Charles de Gaulle.
129. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.”
- Duke Ellington.
130. “If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.’'
131. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”
– Carol Burnett.
132. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.”
– Henry Ford.
133. “Lead from the heart, not the head.”
– Princess Diana.
134. “Do not choose to be wrong for the sake of being different.”
- Samuel Hall.
135. “If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.”
– Amy Tan.
136. “What's on the other side of fear? Nothing.”
- Jamie Foxx.
137. “We must make our diversity a living reality.”
- Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar.
138. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.”
- Dalai Lama.
139. “Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something.”
— Ashton Kutcher.
The Best Unique Quotes About Life
Motivating unique quotes about life touch the heart like nothing else. When you are feeling less than confident, these positive quotes about life can do wonders. They are not only mood boosters but real game changers too! If you are paying close attention and soaking up what they have to offer, they can work like magic to change your thoughts and make you really love the life you live!
140. “You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.”
– C.S. Lewis.
141. “Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”
- Joshua J. Marine.
142. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
- Bruce Lee.
143. “I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.”
– Michael Jordan.
144. “A failure is like fertilizer; it stinks to be sure, but it makes things grow faster in the future.”
– Denis Waitley.
145. “It doesn’t matter where you came from. All that matters is where you are going.”
- Brian Tracy.
146. “Try walking forward while looking over your shoulder and see how far you get. The same goes for life. Look forward!”
- Martin Henderson.
147. “My key to dealing with stress is simple: just stay cool and stay focused.”
- Ashton Eaton.
148. “The moment I figure out something is a waste of time, I leave immediately.”
- Naval Ravikant.
149. “To err is human; to admit it, superhuman.”
– Doug Larson.
150. “Do nothing. Enjoy yourself. It's okay.”
- Marty Rubin.
151. “Life is a series of baby steps.”
– Hoda Kotb.
152. “If you run out of ideas follow the road; you'll get there.”
– Edgar Allen Poe.
153. “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.”
– Joe Namath.
154. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
– Audrey Hepburn.
155. “Don't give it five minutes if you're not going to give it five years.”
– Meghan Markle.
156. “Life's most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?”
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
157. “The most important things in life are measured internally. You have an inner scoreboard... Play your own game.”
- Shane Parrish.
158. “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
– Helen Keller.
159. “If you are ever tempted to look for outside approval, realize that you have compromised your integrity. If you need a witness, be your own.”
160. “If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.”
– Dolly Parton.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for awesome and unique quotes for people who were born to be different, then why not take a look at our 'you only live once' quotes, or 'you are awesome' quotes for more?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com”
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.