Looking for some funny autumn jokes to entertain the kids?
There's something special about autumn, as the nights draw in and the leaves begin to change colour and fall from the trees. Autumn means mugs of hot chocolate, long walks with crunching leaves underfoot and bonfire night, not to mention Halloween!
We’ve got an unbe-leaf-able collection of autumn jokes and riddles that the whole family will enjoy. From knock knock jokes and puns to tricky riddles, get ready to 'fall' to the floor in laughter!
Question And Answer Jokes
Let’s get the laughs going with our picks of the funniest question and answer jokes!
1) What did the tree say to autumn? Please leaf me alone!
2) How do you fix a broken pumpkin? With a pumpkin patch!
3) What did one autumn leaf say to another? I’m falling for you!
4) How do trees get on the internet? They log in!
5) What is the best thing to put into a pumpkin pie? Your teeth of course!
6) Which monster is red, round and only comes out in the autumn? Frankenapple!
7) What is a scarecrows favourite type of fruit? Straw-berries!
8) What is the cutest of all seasons? Awwwtumn!
9) Why do trees hate tests so much? Because they get stumped on all questions!
10) Why did the scarecrow win the Nobel Prize? Because he was out-standing in his field!
11) What’s the ratio of a pumpkin’s diameter to its circumference? Pumpkin Pi!
12) What is a tree's least favourite month of the year? Sep-timber!
13) What happens when winter arrives? Autumn leaves!
14) Why do trees like to try new things each year? Because every autumn they turn over a new leaf!
15) Why do all the birds fly south in the fall? Because it’s too far to walk!
16) Why did the pumpkin roll across the road? Because it didn’t have any feet to walk across!
17) What do the trees say when they start getting their leaves back in spring? What a re-leaf!
18) What do you call a very large pile of leaves? The Great Barrier Leaf!
19) What do you get if you drop a pumpkin? Squash!
20) Who can jump higher, a pumpkin or a scarecrow? Neither of them can jump!
21) What is red, orange and yellow and doesn’t get hurt when it falls? Autumn leaves!
Funny Autumn Puns
These short and snappy autumn puns are sure to bring a smile to the kids faces.
22) Be-leaf in yourself!
23) I would never leaf you!
24) You are so beautiful, even the leaves fall for you!
25) Orange you happy its autumn?
26) Leaf me alone.
27) I’m acorn-y person.
28) You really autumn know...
29) The weather is unbe-leaf-able!
Autumn Knock Knock Jokes
You can’t beat a classic knock knock joke, here’s some of our favourites!
30) Knock Knock
Iva bunch of leaves that need raking!
31) Knock Knock
Wool you grab me a sweater? It’s getting cold outside!
32) Knock Knock
Orange you glad it’s autumn?
33) Knock Knock
Water you going to dress up as for Halloween?
34) Knock Knock
Olive looking at the autumn leaves!
35) Knock Knock
Willie carve a funny face in his pumpkin?
Autumn One Liners
These one-liners might be a bit ‘a-corny’ but, we’re sure the kids will love them!
36) If money really did grow on trees, we’d be raking it in!
37) I would tell you an autumn joke but you probably wouldn’t fall for it!
38) A tree has a fight with autumn and said “that’s it I’m leafing!”.
39) Orange you glad the leaves are turning? I’m so happy, I could yellow about it!
40) Humpty Dumpty had a great summer... but a terrible fall!
The kids will love trying to solve these tricky autumn themed brain teasers!
41) What can you see in fall, but not in spring, summer or winter?
The word ‘all’.
42) I’m small, brown and have a cap. I’ll grow into an oak tree. What am I?
43) It’s a month, it’s in the autumn, it has an “O”, what is it?
44) I grow on a vine, I start out green, but I turn orange. I can be very heavy. What am I?
45) You’re a bus driver on an autumn tour through the park. At the first bus stop two people get on, at the second stop four people get on, at the third stop one person gets off and at the fourth stop everyone gets off. The question is, what colour are the bus drivers eyes?
The same colour as yours, you’re the bus driver!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.