Don't axe me if I think these axe puns are funny, I think they are totally axecellent.
Axes are one of the oldest tools, and might even have been the first ever tool used in the Stone Age. They're made from very hard metal with a wooden handle, and we use them to chop down trees and make firewood to stay warm.
These days the crazy sport of axe throwing has become really popular. It's a sport where people throw axes at a target, trying to hit the bullseye. It used to just be a sport that lumberjacks did for fun, but then the rest of the world cottoned on, and now it's practiced in the United States, and all over the globe! If you fancy your chances as a professional axe-thrower, or dream of a job as a lumberjack in the forest, you're going to love our axe throwing puns and funny lumberjack puns. There is so much funny wordplay with the word axe that this axe pun list barely even scratches the surface! Next time we are probably going to need an axe to hack through the amount of axe jokes out there!
Trust us, you'll want to share these funny axe puns with all your friends. Call it a random axe of kindness. And if these hatchet puns and axe puns are getting you in the mood for puns, puns, puns, it's best you check out these funny tree puns and jokes, or if you're saying "neigh" to trees, you're gonna love the best ever horse jokes, we are sure of it.
Lumberjacks are awesome, and these puns are the best, read them if you can hack it.
1. Finally the lumberjack has recovered from his injury. He's back in axe-tion.
2. The lumberjack was gutted when he lost his job. His manager was making cuts, and had to give him the axe.
3. I can never ever understand what a lumberjack is trying to say, it's so embarrassing. Try as I might I just don't understand their thick axecents.
4. The biggest difference between a lumberjack and any other profession, is that if you're a lumberjack you're at risk of getting axed at any point.
5. I used to watch the best TV show about lumberjacks. I was sad when it got axed.
6. The lumberjack didn't know what to do when his axe broke. He was really stumped.
7. Three-dimensional tools are so much better than anything else for chopping down trees. It's because they all have three axes.
8. I donated a golden axe to the lumberjack society the other day. I don't really know why I did it, I'm just a sucker for random axe of kindness.
9. The man failed at being a standup comedian, but when he retrained, he really excelled in his career as a lumberjack. I wasn't surprised, he was a total hack.
Activities Involving Axes
If you're looking for an axe throwing pun, or a funny pun about one of the many ways you can use axes, these puns are the best.
10. A man climbed a tree while he was holding his axe. He dropped it on an innocent bystander walking below. "Oh! I am really sorry," he said, "that was a total axeident!"
11. In the middle of the battle, the soldier pulled his comrade aside and said, "come on, let's just take a few minutes to relaxe. I don't want to give you a splitting headache!"
12. The time for the peace conference is over now. Now it is time for axe-ing.
13. I've heard that people in my town have been throwing axes at trees and animals in the middle of the night. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it, it seems like they are just random axe of violence.
14. Is it really necessary to chop down the apple tree in my back yard? I axe myself.
15. I used to work in a job making axes, I was bummed when I got axed.
16. The biology teacher asked her students, "what separates your head from your body?" The student answered, "the axe!"
17. I was really disappointed when the axe I bought to climb trees with ended up being useless. It was a total anti-climb axe.
18. Yesterday I threw a huge axe and it hit my dad's car making a massive dent in the door. He wasn't angry though, he knew it was just an axecident.
19. The axe thrower loves the girl he throws axes at, but he's very clingy. He just constantly misses her.
20. The new ruler of our kingdom is a total savage. He's decided to axe-terminate the entire forest, just with his axe.
21. Wow, what an axecellent throw!
Even More Puns about Axes
If you axe me, these puns are the funniest.
22. I accidentally sprayed my deodorant in my mouth yesterday. Ever since then I've been speaking with a strange axe scent.
23. I get very scared when my teacher says to me, "if you have any questions, feel free to axe me after the lecture."
24. When someone asks you a stupid question, you've gotta just give them the axe straight away, there's no two ways about it.
25. The axe mentioned to the wood, "I need to axe you a question," but the wood wasn't having any of it. "Wood you cut it out!" he replied.
26. After a long time recovering from the injury I got during the axecident, but finally I am back in axetion.
27. Please don't axe me to help, I have no idea how to handle this situation.
28. Any axe murderer that goes to court for their crimes is going to plead not guilty. They always say it was an axecident.
29. The ant decided to name its middle segment "Stormbreaker." It was because it was his Thor-axe.
30. I've got an addiction for buying hatchets from other countries. I love the smell. I'm not ashamed of it though, I love foreign axe scents.
31. I got struck by a golden axe. Au!
32. I live for your random axe of kindness.
33. I spent four whole hours looking absolutely everywhere to try and find my axe. And then suddenly it hit me.
34. Hey man, no offence, but that looks like a total hatchet job.
35. Hey listen buddy, I've got a serious axe to grind with you.
36. The soldiers in the army looked at the battle and didn't feel scared like they thought they would. Surprisingly they found it very axe-citing.
37. Axe Body Spray have decided to make a new scent called "English." That way when you wear it, you can say that you have an English Axe scent.
38. I asked my top student to use the word schedule in a full sentence. She replied, "in the shed, you'll find an axe and a hammer."
39. Be extremely careful about what you axe for for Christmas. There's a small chance you just might get it.
40. I came home one night and found my computer with an axe straight through the middle of it. I think I must have been hacked.
41. The monster decided it was time to purchase an axe for himself. He was determined to get a-head in his life.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly jokes, puns and riddles for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for hilarious puns about axes then why not take a look at the 50 best football jokes that will make the crowd go wild, or for something different take a look at 36 classic riddles that kids will love.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.