If you're struggling to find a baby name then you've come to the right place!
There are so many beautiful names that start with the letter C so we've compiled a list of baby boy names, names for girls and unisex names that all begin with C. This should make your search for the perfect name that much easier!
Girl Names That Start With C
1. Cailen (Old French and Greek origin) meaning "pure".
2. Calista (Greek origin) means "beautiful".
3. Calla (Greek origin) means "beauty".
4. Callie (Greek origin) means "beautiful".
5. Calliope (Greek origin) meaning "beautiful-voiced".
6. Camila (Latin origin) meaning "free-born" or "noble".
7. Camille (French origin) means "perfect" for your perfect baby girl.
8. Candace (Latin origin) meaning "Queen regent" or "royal woman" - a regal name for a baby girl.
9. Capri (Italian origin) means "island".
10. Carissa (Greek origin) meaning "grace" or "beloved".
11. Carla (Germanic origin) means "free woman" and "warrior" for a strong and powerful baby girl.
12. Carly (Old English origin) from the word 'ceorl' meaning "freeman".
13. Carmel (Hebrew origin) means "God's vineyard".
14. Carmen (Latin origin) means "poem".
15. Carrie (American origin) means "free".
16. Carys (Welsh name) from the word 'caru' meaning "to love".
17. Cataleya (South American origin) the name of a tropical orchid.
18. Cath (Greek origin) meaning "pure".
19. Cattleya (English origin) means "beautiful person".
20. Caylee (Irish origin) means "slim and fair".
21. Cecilia (Latin origin) meaning "blind to one's own beauty".
22. Celeste (Latin origin) from the Latin word 'caelestis' meaning "heavenly" or "celestial".
23. Celine (French origin) means "heavenly".
24. Chana (Hebrew origin) means "gracious".
25. Chane (French origin) meaning "oak-hearted".
26. Charity (French origin) meaning "Christian love".
27. Chevelle (Hebrew origin) means "my God is a vow".
28. Ciara (Irish origin) meaning "dark-haired".
29. Cielo (Spanish origin) means "sky".
30. Cindy (Latin origin) from the name Lucinda meaning "light".
31. Clara (Latin origin) means "clear, bright, famous".
32. Clarrisa (German origin) also meaning "clear, bright, famous" for a longer version of the name.
33. Clementine (English origin) means "gentle, merciful".
34. Cleo (Greek origin) means "pride" or "glory" - valued qualities for a new baby girl.
35. Colette (French origin) means "victory of the people".
36. Constance (Latin origin) meaning "constant".
37. Cora (Greek origin) means "maiden".
38. Coraline (American origin) meaning "heart".
39. Cordelia (Unknown origin) suspected to be associated with the Latin word 'cor' meaning "heart".
40. Corinne (Greek origin) meaning "beautiful maiden" for a gorgeous little girl.
Boy Names Beginning With C
1. Cabe (Old French origin) meaning "rope-maker".
2. Cadby (English origin) meaning "from the warrior's settlement".
3. Cade (English origin) meaning "stout" or "sturdy - a strong male name for a baby boy.
4. Cadell (Welsh origin) means "small battle" or "spirit of the battle".
5. Caden (Arabic origin) from the word 'kadin' meaning "friend" or "companion".
6. Caelen (Gaelic origin) means "victorious people".
7. Cain (Hebrew origin) means "acquired" and is the name of the first son of Adam and Eve in the Bible.
8. Caleb (Hebrew origin) meaning "faithful, devotion, whole-hearted, bold and brave".
9. Carlin (Irish origin) meaning "little champion" - one the perfect baby boy names for you very own little champion.
10. Carnell (English origin) a name given to the protector of a castle.
11. Cas (Dutch origin) means "imperial" - a strong and commanding name.
12. Casper (Scandinavian and Persian origin) meaning "bringer of treasure".
13. Cavan (Irish and Gaelic origin) meaning "handsome" for your handsome baby boy.
14. Cayenne (French origin) meaning "hot spice" like the cayenne peppers we love in curries and sauces.
15. Cedar (American origin) is a nature name for a type of tree.
16. Cethin (Welsh origin) meaning "dusky" or "dark".
17. Chad (Anglo-Saxon origin) meaning "protector" or "defender".
18. Chalmar (Teutonic origin) means "Lord of the home".
19. Chanan (Hebrew origin) meaning "cloud".
20. Chase (Middle English origin) meaning "hunt" - a popular choice for American baby boy names.
21. Chaska (Native American origin) meaning "first-born son" - there could not be a more apt name for your first boy!
22. Chauncey (English origin) meaning "fortune".
23. Chaviv (Hebrew origin) meaning "dearly loved".
24. Che (Spanish origin) means "God will increase" or "God will add".
25. Chester (English origin) meaning "a fortress" or "camp".
26. Chiamaka (African origin) means "God is beautiful".
27. Chidi (African origin) means "God exists".
28. Cody (Irish origin) from the word 'Odo' meaning "wealthy".
29. Cole (Cornish origin) meaning "coal-black" or "charcoal" - one of the baby boy names that is perfect to compliment dark features.
30. Colt (American origin) means "young horse" and is a beautiful baby name for a strong male figure.
31. Colton (English origin) means "from the coal or dark town" - mysterious and beautiful.
32. Conan (Irish origin) meaning "hound" or "wolf".
33. Conor (Irish origin) means "lover of hounds".
34. Corbin (English and French origin) meaning "little crow" or "raven".
35. Cord (German origin) means "bold counsel".
36. Cortez (Spanish and Portuguese origin) meaning "courteous" or "polite".
37. Cosmo (English and Italian origin) means "decency" and "beauty" - the perfect baby name for a beautiful boy.
38. Crispin (Latin origin) meaning "curly-haired".
39. Curt (Latin origin) meaning "courteous" or "courtly".
40. Cyrus (Persian origin) means "of the sun".
Unisex Names That Start With C
1. Cace (Irish origin) meaning "observant", "alert" or "vigorous".
2.Cadence (English origin) means "rhythm, flow".
3. Cadyn (American origin) means "fighter" for a resilient child.
4. Cael (Gaelic origin) from the Gaelic word 'caol' meaning "slender".
5. Cage (Anglo-Saxon origin) an occupational name for a prison guard or jailer.
6. Cahya (Indonesian origin) meaning "the light" - a symbol of joy and happiness.
7. Cai (Welsh origin) meaning "rejoice" or from the Chinese origin meaning "colourful" - either meaning is beautiful and sentimental.
8. Cal (Hebrew origin) meaning "devotion".
9. Caley (Irish origin) meaning "slim" or "slender".
10. Callahan (Irish origin) meaning "lover of churches".
11. Calypso (Greek origin) from the word 'kalypso' meaning "she who conceals" which derives from 'kalypto' meaning "to cover or conceal".
12. Camden (Gaelic origin) means "from the crooked valley".
13. Cameo (Greek origin) means "shadow portrait" - a mystical and gorgeous name for a gorgeous baby boy or girl.
14. Cameron (Scottish origin) means "crooked river".
15. Canan (Turkish origin) meaning "beloved" - the perfect of baby names for a child who will be cherished.
16. Cande (Latin origin) derives from the Latin 'candela' meaning "feast of candles and twine".
17. Carey (Celtic origin) derived from the Irish word 'ciar' meaning "dark".
18. Carni (Hebrew origin) meaning "my horn" or from the Welsh word 'karn' meaning "pile of stones" and denotes a memorial or shrine.
19. Carrington (Old English origin) means "settlement".
20. Carter (English origin) an occupational name given to a cart driver.
21. Casey (Irish origin) meaning "watchful" or "vigilant".
22. Cassidy (Irish origin) from the word 'caiside' meaning "clever" or "curly-haired".
23. Ceallach (Irish origin) meaning "bright-headed".
24. Cerys (Welsh origin) a Welsh name that comes from the word 'caru' meaning "love".
25. Chakra (Sanskrit origin) meaning "wheel" or "circle".
26. Chance (English origin) meaning "good luck" or "fortune".
27. Chandler (English origin) and occupational name for the maker of candles and made popular by the American sitcom Friends.
28. Chandra (Sanskrit origin) meaning "moon" or "shining".
29. Channing (English and Old French origin) means "young wolf" and made popular by the hunky actor Channing Tatum.
30. Chiko (Japanese origin) means "arrow" or "pledge" - a name that connotes loyalty and importance.
31. Clark (Latin origin) meaning "scribe" or "secretary"; referring to someone who is educated.
32. Colby (Old Norse origin) meaning "swarthy person's settlement".
33. Collins (Irish origin) meaning "holly".
34. Columba (Latin origin) meaning "dove" - a beautiful baby name and a symbol of peace.
35. Connelly (Irish origin) means "love and friendship". Particularly popular since the hit sensation TV show Normal People.
36. Corin (Irish origin) meaning "spear-bearer" - a strong name for a powerful baby.
37. Cory (English origin) meaning "from the round hill" or "seething pool". A good nature name for a baby boy or girl.
38. Courtney (French origin) an aristocratic name meaning "from the court" - now associated as a female name but originally was a renowned unisex name.
39. Cyan (American origin) meaning a "light blue-green" - a beautiful colour for a beautiful baby boy or girl.
40. Cydney (Old English origin) meaning "wide island".
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.