The humble balloon - brought out for countless celebrations - is just ripe for the picking when it comes to puns.
From their favorite music (pop) to puns about inflation, the possibilities are endless. And kids of all ages will love a good gag about balloons too thanks to their universal nature.
Balloons already bring out our silly sides (have you ever played 'stop the balloon from touching the floor') and these puns will just add more fun. Of course it's not just puns at their expense - you can also craft animals from balloons or try this awesome self-inflating trick.
Hot Air Balloon Puns
These puns reach new heights for giggles. Take a look at some of our favourite one-liners related to hot air ballooning.
1. I invented a cold air balloon. But it didn't really take off.
2. The hot air balloon company had to close. They just couldn't keep up with the price of inflation
3. I'm not sure whether to quit my job making hot air balloons. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment.
4. So it appears the first person who offered me a job as a hot air balloon instructor was talking a lot of hot air.
5. I enjoyed a hot air balloon ride last night, but we had to help pack it away at the end. It was a big let down.
6. Philosophers in hot air balloons. It turns out they think highly of us.
7. I only ever see hot air balloons early in the morning. I guess they must be early risers.
Helium Balloon Clever Puns
These puns will be like music to your ears – they're all related to squeaky helium styles.
8. I'm going to leave my job at the balloon factory. I told the boss I refuse to be spoken to in that tone of voice.
9. On a lighter note, I tied a letter to a helium balloon.
10. Whatever you do, don't hand Elsa a balloon. She'll only let it go.
11. I can't believe the cost of balloons these days. The price has really risen.
12. Police detained a man for acting like a helium balloon. He was held for a while then they let him go.
13. Finding a balloon with no strings attached can be hard.
14. "Lighten up" shouted the helium balloon to the regular balloon.
15. My plans for a helium balloon company struggled to get off the ground.
16. Did you hear about the new balloon tax? They're going to tax them to new heights.
17. I'm investing in balloons. They should increase with inflation.
18. I'd make a terrible balloon. I always seem to let myself down.
More Balloon Puns
Ready for more fun puns? We've got you covered!
19. I have to confess my karaoke attempt didn't go well last night. It went down like 99 lead balloons.
20. I spent $100 on balloons for my birthday party. But on the bill they charged me $200 due to inflation.
21. I tried to avoid jokes about balloons. You never know when they might get carried away.
22. Doctor: "What can I help you with?" Balloon: "I feel lightheaded."
23. Do you want to hear a joke about a balloon? Too late it just got away from me.
24. Yesterday I met a sailor who liked to put balloons in his ship. I told him "whatever floats your boat..."
25. I had an interview at a balloon shop. I think I blew it.
26. Two balloons were floating around a desert. The leader said "look out for that cactussssssss".
27. The balloon was very happy when I rubbed it on my hair. In fact it was ecstatic.
Pop Goes The... Puns
No one fears the king of pop more than an air-filled rubber ball.
28. My friend was due to propose using a helium balloon. He popped the question last night.
29. I was going to make a balloon giraffe but it went pop.
30. Don't you hate how bad tempered balloons can be. They could explode at any moment.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.