A great band makes engaging music, going beyond all boundaries and captivating their listeners.
Bands try to compose music that moves an audience and gets them to feel emotions that they were otherwise oblivious to. People may relate to the lyrics of songs across various genres.
Music quotations about life are therefore one of the most candid ways for a band to express to an audience all about what their music is about. These band quotes about music and life show how people are able to fully relax and enjoy themselves while listening to music. From marching band quotes to rock band quotes, there are band quotes for every music fan here.
You will also find some great performance quotes here. Whilst music quotes are often about the joy found and emotions expressed in music and songs themselves, performance quotes are quotes about the act of performing that music on stage for others to enjoy.
If you like these band quotes check out these quote articles full of [funny music quotes] and [Prince quotes] for more inspirational music quotes!
Marching Band Quotes
Marching band fans listen up! Here are some marching band quotes which will help you understand more about the role of a marching band and the musicians that play in a marching band. These are some of the best and most inspirational quotes about a marching band, enjoy!
1. "And as the players tried to take the field, the marching band refused to yield."
- Don McLean.
2. "The regular rhythm and upbeat tunes of military music or marching bands positively affect your mood even if you don't actually 'enjoy' listening to it."
3. "Marching band is life. The marching band brings about memories that you would never get anywhere else."
4. "I got my first set of drums when I was around three. I went from band to marching band to Latin jazz band - it's like riding a bike."
5. "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."
6. "You know, if I can survive marching band, I can survive anything. "
7. "The marching band plays along. Plays the morphine song on the charity ward. Yeah the marching band plays its song."
8. "I was in every band class I could get in, like after school jazz band and marching band, and that's where I really learned to read music from elementary all the way through junior high and high school."
9. " Marching band becomes the family that you can't live without. That's what it is."
Band Quotes On Music
Beyond a marching band, there are many other types of bands and different types of songs are a part of everyone's routine. Here are some inspirational music sayings and short music quotes that will help you understand songs and musicians from your favorite band that little bit better.
10. "Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife."
11. "If music is a place — then jazz is the city, folk is the wilderness, rock is the road, classical is a temple."
12. "Music can change the world."
-Ludwig van Beethoven.
13. "Close your eyes. Listen. Nothing’s missing."
14. "My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die."
15. "Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune."
16. "Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music."
17. "Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t."
18. "A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
19. "If music be the food of love, play on."
20. "A great song should lift your heart, warm the soul and make you feel good."
21. "Music and silence combine strongly because music is done with silence, and silence is full of music."
22. "I’ve found that no matter what life throws at me, music softens the blow."
Inspirational Musical Quotes
Here are some inspirational musical quotes about singing for people to learn something more about how a person feels when listening to a band. There is an inspiring music quote in here for everyone.
23. "The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between."
-Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
24. "Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit and never dies."
-Edward Bulwer Lytton.
25. "Music in the soul can be heard by the universe."
26. "If you have to ask what jazz is, you’ll never know."
27. "Music — what a powerful instrument, what a mighty weapon!"
-Maria Augusta von Trapp.
28. "Without music, life would be a mistake."
29. "My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require."
30. "You have to, take a deep breath. and allow the music to flow through you. Revel in it, allow yourself to awe. When you play allow the music to break your heart with its beauty."
31. "Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life."
-Jean Paul Friedrich Richter.
32. "Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thoughts."
-Percy Bysshe Shelley.
33. "Music brings a warm glow to my vision, thawing mind and muscle from their endless wintering."
34. "Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words."
-Robert G. Ingersoll.
Quotes On Rock Bands
A rock band is very different from a marching band, but nevertheless just as creative! There is something so great about rock bands, and we can't get enough of their inspirational music. Here are some famous music quotes on rock bands. These inspirational music quotations will give people an in-depth knowledge of rock bands, so read on!
35. "Rock and roll keeps you in a constant state of juvenile delinquency."
36. "From one generation to the next, The Beatles will remain the most important rock band of all time."
37. "My Nirvana experience was much different than the other three guys. For me, it was really new and exciting. I was just a guy from a punk rock band, thrown into this huge thing."
- Pat Smear.
38. "Pink Floyd, the most successful progressive rock band of all time, have stood the test of time because the emphasis was always on melody and atmosphere."
Band Quotes By Musicians
Here are some inspirational famous musician quotes by members of bands and other musicians. Which band quote is your favorite?
39. "Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art."
40. "There was no one near to confuse me, so I was forced to become original."
-Franz Joseph Haydn.
41. "I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.”
42. "Musicians want to be the loud voice for so many quiet hearts."
43. "The wise musicians are those who play what they can master."
44. "Be your own artist, and always be confident in what you’re doing. If you’re not going to be confident, you might as well not be doing it."
45. "Musicians don’t retire; they stop when there’s no more music in them."
46. "If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow."
47. "I believe musicians have a duty, a responsibility to reach out, to share your love or pain with others."
48. "The true beauty of music is that it connects people. It carries a message, and we, the musicians, are the messengers."
49. "We’re musicians. We make music for a living. It’s that simple. Nothing else matters."
-Eddie Van Halen.
50. "You can’t knock on opportunity’s door and not be ready."
51. "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
Quotes On Band Music From Non-Musicians
Here are some inspirational quotes about bands from non-musicians. These quotes about bands may be from people not from the musical world, but they are no less interesting and inspirational for it.
52. "Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, because rhythm and harmony find their way into the inward places of the soul."
53. "Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without."
54. "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
55. "Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends."
-Alphonse de Lamartine.
56. "You couldn’t not like someone who liked the guitar."
57. "Music is the shorthand of emotion."
58. "There is no feeling, except the extremes of fear and grief, that does not find relief in music."
59. "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything."
60. "Virtually every writer I know would rather be a musician."
61. "The only truth is music."
62. "The most exciting rhythms seem unexpected and complex, the most beautiful melodies simple and inevitable."
Short Musical Quotations About Life
Here are some short musical quotations which will make people smile. If you are looking for a quote to remind you why you love your favorite band so much, you might find something here.
63. "Music gives color to the air of the moment."
64. "Some people have lives; some people have music."
65. "Country music is three chords and the truth.”
66. "Music is… a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.”
-Ludwig van Beethoven.
67. "Music is the strongest form of magic."
68. "Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence."
69. "I would rather write 10,000 notes than a single letter of the alphabet."
-Ludwig van Beethoven.
70. "Love is friendship set to music."
71. "Music, my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for band quotes, featuring marching band quotes and rock band quotes, then why not take a look at these [Elvis Presley quotes] or Duke Ellington quotes for more?
* Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.