The iconic fictional character of Batman was created by animator and comic book writer Bob Kane with comic book author Bill Finger.
The first appearance of Batman was in May 1939, and later the character appeared in many comics published by DC Comics. The character of Batman became super famous after his introduction in comic books, he got his own comic book title as 'Batman' which was released in 1940, and the rest is history!
Batman is now known by many different names, other names for Batman include Matches Malone, the Dark Knight, the Caped Crusader, among others. Here, we will list the best names of 'Batman' characters, from Gotham city and beyond!
Did you know that the name of Batman's dog is Ace the Bat Hound? There are so many characters in 'Batman'. The list below offers you the main 'Batman' characters' names.
1. Adam Strange, is a superhero wh0 is transported to planet Rann, where he gain Superman like power. He is a member of Justice League and an ally of Batman.
2. Alfred Pennyworth, is a known ally of Batman. He is the Wayne family butler, an ex-intelligence officer, who became Batman's voice of consciousness.
3. Animal Man, is a superhero who gained his power from an exploding extraterrestrial spaceship, which allows him to possess the abilities of animals temporarily.
4. Atom, is the first superhero of the Silver Age of comic books. He appeared in the All-American Comics and is alter ego of Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) in TV show 'Legends of Tomorrow'.
5. Aquaman, is a member of the Justice League and is played by actor Jason Momoa in the 'Aquaman' movie.
6. Barbara Gordon, is a known associate of Batman and she is the daughter of Commissioner Gordon. She was the first Batgirl in the DC Universe.
7. Bruce Wayne, is the main superhero in the DC Comics 'Batman'. His public identity is Bruce Wayne, an industrialist. Bruce Wayne is therefore the "real" name of Batman.
8. Black Lightning, is a vigilante who can harness the power of electricity. He is a known associate of Batman and a member of Justice League.
9. Captain Cold, is the supervillain turn good-guy. He is a member of League of Nation and an ally of Batman.
10. Cyborg, is a member of Justice league, Teen Titans, and other. Thus, an ally of Batman.
11. Dick Grayson, is an ally of Batman. He is also known as Robin, Nightwing, among others. He is a member of Young Justice, Batman & Robin, and others.
12. Firestorm, is the alter-ego of Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein when merge together.
13. Flash, is the lead superhero from comics and TV show 'The Flash'. He is the alter-ego of Barry Allen.
14. Green Arrow, is the lead superhero from comics and TV show 'Green Arrow'. He is the alter-ego of Oliver Queen.
15. Green Lantern, is the superhero who draws their power from imagination and/or emotions. He is the later ego of Hal Jordan.
16. Hawkgirl, is a immortal warrior who is an ally of Batman. She is the reincarnated spirit of Chay-Ara.
17. Hawkman, is also a immortal warrior, who is an reincarnation of Prince Khufu of ancient Egypt.
18. James Gordon, is a supporting character in the Batman story and his biggest ally.
19. Joker, is the main antagonist in the comic 'Batman'. The character is aimed on destroying Gotham City in the book and ending Batman.
20. Lex Luthor, the supervillain character who wants to end Superman and occasionally Batman.
21. Lucius Fox, is an ally of Batman who provides him with high-tech gadgets.
22. Mera, is a warrior and superheroine. She is the queen of the sea and wife of Aquaman, which makes her the ally of Batman by association.
23. Miss Martian, is a character that appeared in 'Supergirl' comics and by association she is also an ally of Batman.
24. Mister Terrific, is a member of Team Flash on comic book 'The Flash' and an ally of Batman. He is the alter-ego of Curtis Holt.
25. Riddler, is a character of a supervillain featured in the 'Batman'. He is the alter-ego of Edward Nygma.
26. Robin, is a superhero and an ally of Batman. He is portrayed by Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, and Damian Wayne in different universe.
27. Selina Kyle, is also known as Catwoman, is an ally of Batman. She is portrayed by many actresses in the DC Universe including Anne Hathaway, Camren Bicondova, and Michelle Pfeiffer among others.
28. Shazam, is a superhero character and a member of Justice League, Justice Society of America, among others.
29. Superman, is a superhero and an ally of Batman, who lives in Metropolis. He is from a planet called Krypton.
30. Swamp Thing, is a character who is a humanoid/plant elemental creature. He is the alter-ego of Alexander "Alex" Olsen.
31. Supergirl, is a superheroine who is the cousin of Superman. She possess the same power as him and is also a member of Justice League making her an ally of Batman.
32. Vixen, is a superheroine who possess the Tantu Totem, which allows her harness the spirit of animals. She is the alter-ego of Mari Jiwe McCabe and Amaya Jiwe.
33. Wonder Woman, is a popular superheroine in comics and mpvie 'Wonder Woman'. She is the alter-ego of Diana Prince or Princess Diana of Themyscira. She belongs to the group of feminist utopia living in Amazon.
The famous line of Batman is "If this man is everything that you say he is, then this city needs me," from the movie 'The Dark Knight Rises'. We have compiled a list of 'Batman' characters both recurring and all Batman villains names.
34. Bane, is a supervillain appearing in various 'Batman' comics and movies. This character was portrayed by Tom Hardy in the movie.
35. Black Canary, is an ally of Batman, possesses super-sonic voice, and is a meta-human. Her alter-ego is Dinah Laurel Lance.
36. Clayface, is a character from 'Batman' movies, books, and shows. His alter ego is Ethan Bennett.
37. Damian Wayne, in the parallel universe, he is the son of Batman and Talia al Ghul.
38. Deadshot, is a suicidal assassin who is Batman's arch nemesis.
39. Elongated Man, is a superhero and a member of Team Flash in the comics 'The Flash' series and has often helped Batman.
40. Firefly, is a pyromaniac, who is an arch-nemesis of Batman. His alter ego is Garfield Lynns.
41. Harley Quinn, is an accomplice and love interest of Joker. She was his intern psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum in Gotham City.
42. Harvey Bullock, is a detective, who appeared in various DC 'Batman' comics. He is an ally of Batman.
43. Hush, is a supervillain and is the enemy of Batman.
44. Jason Todd, is a character who is an ally of Batman. His alter-ego is Red Hood
45. Jean-Paul Valley, is the alter ego of Azrael, who appeared as many people in the DC universe.
46. Jesse Quick, is a meta-human, who is an ally of Batman in the 'Arrowverse' comics.
47. Jillian Maxwell, is one of the many love interest of Batman.
48. Mad Hatter, is a supervillain and enemy of Batman. His alter ego is Jervis Tetch.
49. Man-Bat, is a supervillain who is a nemesis of Batman.
50. Mane-lac, is a meta-human villain from a parallel timeline.
51. Mr. Freeze, is one of Batman's archenemies. His alter ego is Victor Fries.
52. Oswald Cobblepot, is the secondary antagonist of Batman and his alter-ego is The Penguin.
53. Plastic Man, is a superhero character in DC Comics and an ally of Batman. His alter ego is Patrick "Eel" O'Brian.
54. Poison Ivy, is an enemy of Batman. However, in her twisted way she loved Batman.
55. Prometheus, is an enemy of Batman and Green Arrow.
56. Ra's Al Ghul, is the supervillain in the 'Batman' comics and an adversary of Batman.
57. Scarecrow, is the alter ego is Jonathan Crane. He was enemy of Batman. In the 'Batman' trilogy movie, actor Cillian Murphy portrayed him.
58. Sensei, is a villain and an enemy to Batman.
59. Terry McGinnis, is the vigilante superhero and also the future Batman.
60. Thomas Wayne, is the father of Bruce Wayne.
61. Tim Drake, is a superhero who is the alter-ego is Robin.
62. Two-Face, is a supervillain and an enemy of Batman. His alter-ego is Harvey Dent.
63. Ventriloquist, is a villain in the 'Batman' comics and an enemy of Bruce Wayne. He is the alter-ego of many different characters.
64. Wally West, is a meta-human who is an ally of Batman.
If you are looking for one-off characters from 'Batman' movies, TV show or all the characters that have appeared in 'Batman' comic characters, then we have the perfect compilation for you. We have listed all 'Batman' characters for you.
65. Anarky, is an adversary of Batman. His alter-ego is Lonnie Machin.
66. Black Mask, is a supervillain appearing on 'Batman' comic books. His alter-ego is Roman Sionis.
67. Blaze, is the evil counterpart from Earth-23, who is an enemy of Batman and partners with Firefly.
68. Bruno, is a supervillain appearing on 'Batman' comic books.
69. Cat Grant, is a character and ally of Batman in the comic books and TV shows.
70. Calendar Man, is a supervillain and an enemy of Batman. His alter-ego is Julian Gregory Day.
71. Calculator, is a supervillain and an enemy of Batman. His alter-ego is Jason Spisak.
72. Cluemaster, is a supervillain and an enemy of Batman. His alter-ego is Arthur Brown.
73. Count Vertigo, is a supervillain and an enemy of Batman. His alter-ego is Werner Zytle.
74. Demons Three, are the characters from 'Batman/Aquaman' comics.
75. Detective Cash Tankinson, was created for the series 'The Batman'. He is an ally of Batman.
76. Dracula, is a character appeared in DC comics and in various movies.
77. Etrigan the Demon, is a character and a demon from hell.
78. Francis Grey, he is the citizen of the Gotham city and is a fictional villain in the TV show 'The Batman'.
79. Gearhead, is a supervillain and his alter ego is Nathan Finch.
80. Hawkman, the character is created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Dennis Neville as a superhero.
81. Helena Wayne, is known by the other name as huntress is a fictional superheroine. Helena Wayne is the daughter of Catwoman and Batman.
82. Hideto Katsu, is one of thecharacters from the comic strips by DC Comics.
83. Hugo Strange, is a fictional comic book character of a supervillain. He is the first villain who discovered the secret identity of Batman.
84. Jimmy Olsen, is a young photojournalist, who is an ally of Superman, Batman, and Supergirl.
85. Kabuki Twins, are skilled in martial arts and an enemy of Batman.
86. Killer Croc, is an enemy of Batman and his alter-ego is Waylon Jones.
87. Killer Moth, is a supervillain and wears a moth-like mask.
88. King Kull, this supervillain and Beast-Men.
89. Lois Lane, is a the love interest of Superman and an ally of Batman.
90. Martian Manhunter, is an ally of Supergirl and a member of Justice League.
91. Marty, is a character from the DC Comics books.
92. Maxie Zeus, is a supervillain whose alter ego is Maximilian "Maxie" Zeus.
93. Mayor Marion Grange, is one of the mayors of Gotham City. He is an enemy of Batman in live-action 1960s TV series.
94. Mercy Graves, is an enemy of Batman and Superman. She appeared on 'Superman: The Animated Series'.
95. Metallo, is an enemy of Batman who appeared on many episodes of TV show 'Justice League'.
96. Mirror Master, is an enemy of Flash and appeared on many episodes of 'The Batman' series. His alter ego is Samuel Scudder.
97. Mister Miracle, is the ally of Dark Knight and a member of Justice League.
98. Number One, appeared in many series of DC Comics, he is the henchmen for Black Mask who wreaks havoc on Gotham City.
99. Perry White, appeared in the DC comics 'The Batman Strikes'. He is the editor-in-chief of Daily Planet.
100. Prank, is the "sidekick" for Joker. His alter-ego is Donnie.
101. Punch and Judy, are Joker's oversized henchmen.
102. Ragdoll, is a triple-jointed villain who is often associated with Penguin. He is also the arch-enemy of Flash.
103. Rhino and Mugsy, are Ventriloquist's henchmen in the 'Batman: The Animated Series'.
104. Riddlemen, were created specifically for the series as a group of henchmen for Riddler.
105. Ron Troupe, is based on the comic book character of the same name.
106. Rumor, goes by the name Mario. He is the bodyguard of businessman Paul Karon. He is an ally of Batman and Robin and wants them to kill all criminals in Gotham City.
107. Rupert Thorne, is based on the comic book character of the same name.
108. Scorn, is am enemy of Batman. He is also the son of Andy Mallory who killed Bruce Wayne's parents.
109. Shadow Thief, is based on the comic book character of the same name.
110. Sinestro, is based on the comic book character of the same name.
111. Smoke, is the henchman for Mirror Master.
112. Solomon Grundy, is represented as an "urban legend" in the series 'The Batman Strikes'.
113. Spawn, is the alter ego of Albert Francis "Al" Simmons, an enemy of Batman.
114. Spellbinder, is a villain who can create visual illusions. He is also an enemy of Batman.
115. Steve Lombard, is based on the comic book character of the same name.
116. Temblor, was a mercenary hired to kill Batman.
117. Terrible Trio, is a group of university students named David, Justin, and Amber, who are also the enemy of Batman.
118. The Joining, is an extraterrestrial technology enemy of Batman.
119. Tony Zucco, is a villain who killed Robin's parents.
120. Toymaker, is the alter ego of Cosmo Krank is the C.E.O. of Krank Co.
121. Toyman, is based on the comic book character of the same name.
122. Vicki Vale, is based on the comic book character of the same name.
123. Wrath, is the alter-ego of William Mallory, the older son of a pair of jewel thieves who killed Bruce Wayne's parents.
124. Yo-Yo, is a member of the Suicide Squad and an anti-hero character in the various 'Batman' series.
125. Zatara, is the alter ego of John Zatara who appeared in the DC Comics in the 'Golden Age of Comics' era.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.