If you love a bit of beach humour, find nothing pun-nier than word play, are looking for a sand-tastic beach Instagram caption, or simply want to make the kids ice-cream with laughter, then this list of funny beach puns is mermaid for you.
Beach travel and day trips to the seaside became popular with the British during the Victorian era, when factory workers and city dwellers discovered the benefits and joy of sea air and salty hair. There is much debate about the best beach in the world, with contenders including Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Uig Sands in Scotland, and Benguerra Island in Mozambique.
Kids and adults alike love the beach, especially when the sun has got his hat on, the seaside is a picture perfect happy place, and you can seas the day for fun and tide jinks with family and friends. If you've been surfing around for a list of beach-ready quips, rest a-shore-d, our plays on sweet seaside, witty water, and awesome ocean words will shore-ly mean you have the best beach pun around.
Beach Captions And Greetings
These sun-believably brilliant beach puns are fab for a fantastic Facebook or Instagram caption, and perfect to send as greetings by email or post.
1. Feeling fine and sandy.
2. If you can’t beach ‘em, join ‘em.
3. I make waves wherever I go.
4. Feeling beachy keen.
5. Having a whale of a time.
6, Fish you were here.
7. Keep palm and carry on.
8. I’m just coasting along this summer.
9. Whale hello.
10. A good plaice to remember.
11. Tropic like it’s hot.
Have maximum shrimp-act with these punny quotes.
12. The beach is always a shore bet for a bit of fun.
13. At the beach, every day is sun-day.
14. Life is better in sandals; that’s one opinion I will never flip-flop on.
15. Life’s a beach.
16. When I’m feeling crabby, I can always count on the beach to make me come out of my shell.
17. There’s nothing like a day at the beach to buoy your spirits.
18. Going to the beach? Please avoid pier pressure.
19. Whatever floats your boat.
20. Keep your friends close, and your anemones closer.
21. Beach you to it.
22. Hey gull friend.
23. Palm down!
24. Like a fish out of water.
25. Girls just wanna have sun.
26. Sun's out, puns out.
They'll be seals of glee that are oceans apart from crabby faces, when you people please with these not-so-deep ocean puns.
27. The ocean a-piers to be blue.
28. To be pacific, my favourite ocean is the Atlantic.
29. I really don’t understand what all these ocean puns are a-boat.
30. I’m getting a bit tide of this ocean humour.
31. Whale, whale, whale, look what we have here.
Don't worry if your beach jokes are in need of a little sea-habilitation, these puns will have you ship-shape in no time.
32. The sea is truly fin-tastic.
33. ‘Tis the sea-sun.
34. Sea you later.
35. Seas the day!
36. Seas and greetings.
37. This beach is like a fanta-sea.
38. Getting my vitamin sea.
39. Lega-sea is greater than curren-sea.
40. Cray-sea views.
41. I can sea clearly now.
42. Lost at sea? I’m not shore.
43. Seek to sea more.
44. Long time, no sea.
Shell-abrate good tides with these more puns that are oyster-this-world funny.
45. Did you bring the wind shell-ter for the beach?
46. Shell-ebrate good times!
47. I’ll be at the beach; if you need me, call me on my shell phone
48. I’m enjoying the beach, don’t shell me what to do!
49. Shell we dance on the sand?
Still on the search for a vacation-perfect Instagram caption? Water-bout one of these?
50. Water you doing in the sea?
51. Water a-boat we hire a pedelo?
52. Fancy a dip in the water, or are you feeling tide?
53. Watery going to do at the beach? Just go with the flow?
54. Happiness comes in waves.
55. Sink or swim.
56. Things are sail-dom what they seem.
57. Don’t get tide down.
Even more sand-sational puns.
58. You have to sand it to me, I’m brilliant at beach puns.
59. This beach is out-sanding.
60. My beach puns deserve a sanding ovation.
61. Clap your sands together, we’re off to the beach.
62. Talk to the sand.
63. Put some good dunes on.
You dolphin-ately won't need to fish for compliments when you use these whale-y good seaside puns.
64. Seaside life shore is perfection.
65. My day at the seaside got a bit out of sand.
66. I’m shore we will need sunscreen at the seaside.
67. I find the seaside very so-fish-ticated.
68. It's sun-believable.
69. We are just Havana good time.
70. I stayed up all night to sea where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.