An aunt is the sister of either of our parents or their sister in law.
Most of us share a high-quality relationship with at least one of our aunts. Life without aunts would get pretty boring.
All nieces and nephews love their aunts so much because most aunts are super cool and supportive. Aunts bring gifts, tell them stories, teach them cool stuff like pranks and swear words. These are a few of the things that make aunts so special. Most young children have that one special aunt in their life who is like their best friend. Sometimes, children prefer their crazy aunt over their own parents because aunts are always on the same page as they are when their parents are not even close to that page. All the things that our aunts do for their nieces and nephews make them special. We should make sure to be appreciative of our aunts and give them the absolute best. Here are some aunt quotes for every aunt out there who tries their best to make us happy.
If you like what you are reading, then try out our other quotes articles such as uncle quotes and [niece quotes].
Funny Aunt Quotes
Aunts are one of the first people to teach us how to party. Aunts teach us to focus on ourselves and not let someone else tell us how to live. We all have that one favorite aunt we look up to since our early days, and no one can ever take her place in our lives. A few funny quotes on such a fun relationship will always be appreciated. We have a list of aunt quotes that will make you laugh and love your aunt at the same time. Check the list out.
1. "In short, my aunt demanded that whoever came to see her must at one and the same time approve of her way of life, commiserate with her in her sufferings, and assure her of ultimate recovery."
― Marcel Proust, 'Swann's Way', 1913.
2. "The aunt is the mother's sister, or the father's brother's wife, rather than simply an aunt."
― Kory Floyd.
3. "Aunts are always offering cake, certainly you couldn't have had enough."
― Barry Spacks.
4. "My aunt used to call me light bulb head because my head was small at the bottom and bigger at top. But it was a term of endearment."
― Tyra Banks.
5. "Always wise aunts come in many guises. There are maiden aunts, dowager aunts, and that delightful creature, the eccentric aunt. I fear I fall into the latter category."
― Sara Sheridan.
6. "Sometimes just being an aunt is pretty fun too. You can play with them for a week or a weekend and give them back to Mom and Dad."
― Sue A. Kuba.
7. "Listen, when you have kids, I'm still gonna be there. I'm gonna be their fun Aunt Penny who gives them candy, and teaches them swear words and tells them stories about what a weirdo their mother is."
― Penny, 'The Big Bang Theory'.
8. "My children are not royal; they just happen to have the Queen for their aunt."
― Princess Margaret.
9. "If I'm not the best aunt in America, then I don't know what's going on."
― Jenny Slate.
10. "I didn't want to be the aunt where you come over and can't sit on the sofa."
― Tamron Hall.
Becoming An Aunt Quotes
Becoming an aunt to a lovely niece or nephew is a very beautiful feeling with many emotions involved. Quotes for aunty should make them remember that beautiful feeling. Quotes like 'my aunt is an inspiration to me every day' remind everyone what it means to be an aunt. Quotes about being an aunt should make them feel warm and should be filled with a lot of positive emotions. We have a list of aunt quotes that every aunt is going to love.
11. "Aunts are to be a pattern and example to all aunts; to be a delight to boys (and girls) and a comfort to their parents; and to show that at least one daughter in every generation ought to remain unmarried, and raise the profession of auntship to a fine art."
― Dave Isay.
12. "I have always maintained the importance of aunts."
― Jane Austen.
13. "Aunt: A cherished friend and personal cheerleader who will always see you through rose-colored glasses."
14. "I'd rather be the cool aunt than the authoritative aunt."
― Solange Knowles.
15. "I want to be the coolest aunt in the entire world."
― Bailee Madison.
16. "Aunt — a double blessing. You love like a parent and act like a friend."
17. "My mom, my aunt, and my grandma banded together and gave me a village of support when I was growing up."
― Michael Tubbs.
18. "My father's sister never married in order to raise me."
― Marcel Carne.
19. "It is not money my aunt thinks about. She knows better than to value worldly wealth above its price."
― Anne Bronte.
20. "My Aunt Raffie, gave me creativity and the inspiration to create new things."
― Giada De Laurentiis.
Aunt Quotes From Niece And Nephew
The most special person in many woman's life is either their niece or nephew. All aunts love spending time with their nieces and nephews. They do all kinds of fun stuff together starting from exercise to party and more. From saving us from our parents, to prepare us for the real world, aunts do it all and more. If you don't know what to say to your aunt to convey how much you appreciate her, these quotes will help! We have a list of nephews-nieces and aunts quotes that will appreciate our super cool and supportive aunts.
21. "And although I can't say that I paid much heed to your advice it so happens that I am accompanied today by my aunt!"
― Georgette Heyer, 'Frederica', 1965.
22. "I was really lucky that I had an aunt who was very inspiring to me. She was different than anybody in my family on either side."
― Geena Davis.
23. "My aunt played the piano and I used to sit and listen to it."
― Dick Dale.
24. "I had people in my life who didn't give up on me: my mother, my aunt, my science teacher. I had one-on-one speech therapy."
― Temple Grandin.
25. "Aunt Yolanda opened my eyes to the world of food as art, cooking without cans. She introduced me to the magic of spices, the exotic perfume of fresh herbs crushed between fingers."
― Jennie Shortridge, 'Eating Heaven', 2005.
26. "My aunt Helen was my favorite person in the whole world."
― Stephen Chbosky, 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower', 1999.
27. "Even that crazy lunatic, my aunt the Empress, was absolutely sweet and charming."
― Lord Mountbatten.
28. "Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend."
29. "Aunts are discreet, a little shy by instinct. They forbear to pry."
― Phyllis McGinley.
30. "My aunt had a season ticket for the Friday afternoon concerts, and I would go down for lessons. My lessons were Saturday morning."
― Robert Ripley.
Best Aunt Quotes
'Happy mothers day', 'aunt quotes', and 'mother's day quotes', are so popular because aunts are nothing less than our mothers. We all have a cool aunt, a favorite aunt, and the best aunt. Sometimes they are the same person, and we love that person very dearly. Aunt love quotes, quotes for auntie, favorite auntie quotes, quotes to celebrate aunt and cute relationship quotes can show our aunts how much we appreciate their presence and as a nephew or niece, it is our responsibility to make our aunts feel loved. Here are a few quotes to celebrate our aunts.
31. "An aunt is a safe haven for a child. Someone who will keep your secrets and is always on your side."
― Sara Sheridan.
32. "I am single and childless, but I have lots of friends and I am an aunt to three lovely children."
― Kate Dicamillo.
33. "At my aunt's funeral, I promised myself that I wouldn't be bound by the belief that I'm supposed to stay in anything – whether it's a relationship, a job, a house, or a circumstance – if it makes me miserable. She gave me the courage to find my own happiness."
― Jill Scott.
34. "Aunts offer kids an opportunity to try out ideas that don't chime with their parents and they also demonstrate that people can get on, love each other and live together without necessarily being carbon copies."
― Sara Sheridan.
35. "Aunts are the ones who stand beside Moms when nieces and nephews enter the world."
― Karen Moore.
36. "Every man should have aunts. They illustrate the triumph of guess work over logic."
― Agatha Christie.
37. "The relationship between aunt and niece was often based upon recognition of similarity between the two--but also emphasized the difference between mother and daughter."
― Sue A. Kuba, 'The Role Of Sisters In Women's Development', 2011.
38. "Aunties may also be someone who seems glamorous, or simply lives a different life than our mother does and provides another example of who we can be as a women."
― Tamara Traeder, 'The Aunties Keepsake Book: The Story Of Our Friendship', 1999.
39. "The best aunts aren't substitute parents, they're co-conspirators."
― Daryl Gregory, 'Harrison Squared', 2015.
40. "Great sisters get promoted to aunt."
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for aunt quotes then why not take a look at our [nephew quotes] or [cousin quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.