Girls would put diamonds on everything if they could.
Many people, girls and boys, don’t want to blend into a rhinestone world when they can shine like a diamond. And for that, sometimes you need the help of a diamond quote
The following diamond quotes will remind you that you need to remove the carbon and settle for nothing less than a diamond, in all meanings of the word. The diamonds you choose should only bring you joy and love. A toxic man or selfish friend belong far away in a rhinestone world (Dolly Parton would agree, and we always listen to Dolly Parton). But true friends and jewelry are pure diamonds. Diamond's are a girl's best friend is the famous saying about diamonds by Marilyn Monroe.
A diamond is the hardest substance known to us, and if it's cared for properly, it can sparkle for many, many years, much like people as we develop from rough people into shining individuals. Diamonds are rare because only about 20 percent of them can be used to make jewelry. Diamonds are forever and can never let us down, making them special. It's a girl’s best friend (literally and figuratively) that lets us sparkle as only diamonds can. It's an omnipresent source of inspiration, be it books, songs or simply a piece of jewelry.
These diamond quotes are written proof that the diamond is not simply an unattainable rock that every girl seems to love. But it is also so much more than just jewelry. It is a way of life. So, whether you're a man or a girl, friend or a foe, you can just put diamonds on and feel like more than royalty! Read on for engagement quotes, style quotes, quotes from Debra Messing, Wes Fesler, Zsa Zsa Gabor, your favorite book, and more.
If you liked these diamond quotes and sayings, check out [jewelry quotes] and sparkle quotes.
Famous Diamond Quotes
When we think diamonds, we think glamor. This association is not misguided. Hollywood’s starlets decked up in the finest jewelry and handsome men throwing diamond presents around, like Tiffany’s, had a free for all is the image we connect with the luxurious red carpet. Iconic quotes have been served along with these timeless looks. Friends, keep reading for stylish quotes from the big screen about the complicated relationship between man, woman, and diamonds. Lights, camera, shine.
1. “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend and dogs are a man’s best friend. Now you know which sex has more sense.”
— Zsa Zsa Gabor.
2. “Big girls need big diamonds.”
— Elizabeth Taylor.
3. “On every birthday, I ask my wife, ‘What would you like this year?’ and her instant reply is, ‘Diamonds! Diamonds! Diamonds!’ I’m always living in hope that one day she’ll say she just wants me!”
– Akshay Kumar.
4. “I carry a little collection of jewelry I love with me, in case I need diamonds.”
– Liv Tyler.
5. “Wear your diamonds on the inside.”
– Megan Dodds.
6. “Last year my boyfriend gave me a painting – a very personal one. I really prefer personal gifts or ones made by someone for me. Except diamonds. That’s the exception to the rule.”
– Minnie Driver.
7. “Growing up, I was a bit of a tomboy; feminine things took a while to find their place in my world. But diamonds made me understand the magic and beauty of jewelry.”
– Erika Christensen.
8. "Of course dahlink, but first, you take out all the diamonds.”
― Zsa Zsa Gabor (on being asked if she returns her engagement rings).
9. “A kiss on the hand may be quite continental, But Diamonds are a girl's best friend.”
10. “This diamond has so many carats it's almost a turnip.”
11. “A girl never cares who casts the first stone at her - as long as it's a diamond.”
12. “It’s diamonds in your pockets one week, macaroni and cheese the next.”
– Jolene Blalock.
13. “Perhaps I should just bury myself and become a diamond after thousands of years of intense pressure.”
– Lemony Snicket, ‘Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events’.
14. “I celebrate my life, whether it’s being a single mother, wearing diamonds, or holidaying in exotic places.”
– Sushmita Sen.
15. “Anything I get to wear to the Met Ball is huge. I’m not a fashion girl, so it’s cool to be dolled up and have those diamonds where they send armed guards with you.”
– Chrissy Teigen.
16. “I think diamonds represent luxury, indulgence, and class. So any time you can incorporate a gift that is synonymous with all those attributes, you know the other person will love it. I would challenge someone to find something that better represents Valentine’s Day more than diamonds!”
– Chris Evans.
17. “It’s hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.”
– Dolly Parton.
18. “I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.”
– Mae West.
19. “True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.”
20. “Diamonds are forever - my youth is not.”
— Jill St. John.
21. “I never hated a man enough to give him diamonds back.”
— Zsa Zsa Gabor.
22. “My style is not that big. I wear heels, tight pants, and I wear diamonds.”
— Donatella Versace.
23. “I don’t exercise. If God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put diamonds on the floor.”
— Joan Rivers.
24. “Angels are like diamonds. They can’t be made. You have to find them. Each one is unique.”
— Jaclyn Smith.
25. “Diamonds never leave you...men do!”
— Shirley Bassey.
26. “Your rebel soul shines like a diamond pulled from dust: bright, clear and flawless.”
― Jay Long.
27. “I am fascinated by diamonds. When I put diamonds on, my hands shake.”
— Debra Messing.
28. “Diamonds – that’ll shut her up…for a minute!”
– Ron White.
29. “I’ve never been against women. That anti-feminist rap is bogus. I think men should be nice to women, buy them diamonds.”
– Sam Kinison.
30. “I work with gold that holds our past and diamonds that see the future and rubies that long for love. It’s just a way of telling a story.”
– Waris Ahluwalia.
31. “It's not that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but it's your best friends who are your diamonds. It's your best friends who are supremely resilient, made under pressure and of astonishing value. They're everlasting; they can cut glass if they need to.”
Diamond Quotes From Authors And Poets
Diamonds not only adorn as jewelry on a girl, but also as inspiration on pages about love, hard work, style and perseverance. This shows that the qualities of a diamond can be highlighted in a person as well. These quotes about diamonds will only make you want more. People from all around the world have enjoyed the literary masterpieces from these artists. But now it's time to pick out the brightest quote from them all, whether it is in the words or the work itself. Take a look at quotes from the likes of Victor Hugo, Donatella Versace, Leo Robin as well as Thomas Guthrie below. Every girl, and every men, will love these quotes.
32. “Let us not be too particular; it is better to have old secondhand diamonds than none at all.”
33. “Diamonds are to be found only in the darkness of the earth, and truth in the darkness of the mind.”
– Victor Hugo.
34. “Life keeps throwing me stones.
And I keep finding the diamonds...”
-Ana Claudia Antunes.
35. “The soul is placed in the body like a rough diamond, and must be polished, or the luster of it will never appear.”
– Daniel Defoe.
36. “A diamond on the finger of a man of wit and a pebble in the hand of a fool.”
– Joseph Roux.
37. “At the edge of madness, you howl diamonds and pearls.”
38. “There are many sham diamonds in this life which pass for real, and vice versa.”
– William Makepeace Thackeray.
39. “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.”
40. “Adversity is the diamond dust Heaven polishes its jewels with.”
41. “Diamonds are the tears of the poor.”
42. “The more you get past pain, the more it goes from coal to diamond.”
43. “Rough diamonds may sometimes be mistaken for worthless pebbles.”
– Thomas Browne.
44. “A diamond was laying in the street covered with dirt. Many fools passed by. Someone who knew diamonds picked it up.”
45. “A real diamond is never perfect.”
46. “People who bury their hopes and crave for someone’s success never know that their diamond is hidden as they envy other’s silver!”
47. “Invest in the human soul. Who knows, it might be a diamond in the rough.”
48. “And there is his three-year-old daughter, who runs around wearing nothing but a rhinestone necklace (who wouldn’t, if they could?).”
― Andrew Sean Greer, ‘Less’.
49. “My teachers treated me as a diamond in the rough, someone who needed smoothing.”
50. “All is beautiful and unceasing, all is music and reason , and all, like diamond, is carbon first, then light.”
51. “A powerful woman knows how to dust herself off and shine just like a diamond, even after the worst has happened to her.”
― Gift Gugu Mona.
52. “We seem to live in an age where we are quietly appalled by the idea of appetites, whether they be for food or diamonds.”
– Jojo Moyes.
53. “Pray is gold, whereas, love is a diamond.”
― Ehsan Sehgal.
54. “Diamonds were nothing more than carbon, but carbon in a crystal lattice that made it the hardest known mineral in nature. That was the way we all were headed. I was sure of it. We were destined to be diamonds!”
― Alan Bradley, ‘The Weed That Strings The Hangman's Bag’.
55. “Books are more precious than jewels. She truly believed this. What did a diamond bring you? A momentary flash of brilliance. A diamond scintillated for second; a book could scintillate forever.”
― Veronica Henry, 'How To Find Love In A Bookshop'.
56. “He sparked on his body that reflect like mini mirrors of diamond.”
57. "Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds, we are cut with our own dust."
58. “She smiled and said with an ecstatic air: "It shines like a little diamond",
"This moment. It is round, it hangs in empty space like a little diamond; I am eternal.”
― Jean-Paul Sartre, ‘The Age Of Reason’.
59. “You are a diamond, unbreakable if it is so, and broken, in any shape, remains still a diamond.”
― Ehsan Sehgal.
60. A diamond’s luster is dull before revealing brilliant magnificent breathtaking shine.
61. “A diamond doesn’t start out polished and shining. It once was nothing special, but with enough pressure and time, becomes spectacular. I’m that diamond.”
– Solange Nicole.
62. "I don’t mind a repetitive chorus; I mind repetitive verse. I mean, it’s the same amount of space. Why would you have only three diamonds if you can have six?"
– Lou Reed.
63. “There comes a moment when the silence between two people can have the purity of a diamond.”
― Philippe Djian, ‘Betty Blue’.
64. “Perhaps time’s definition of coal is the diamond.”
― Khalil Gibran.
65. “That something so small could be so beautiful. Worth so much. Only the strongest people can turn away from feelings like that.”
― Anthony Doerr, ‘All The Light We Cannot See’.
66. “Life tries to crush her, but only succeeded in making a diamond.”
― John Green.
67. “The diamond cannot love the flower, for the flower lives only a day, then fades and dies. You are a diamond now. The flower dies," Jenny said softly, "having lived. The diamond will never do either.”
― Barbara Hambly, ‘Dragonsbane’.
68. “There are only diamonds in the whole world, diamonds and perhaps the shabby gift of disillusion. Well, I have that last and I will make the usual nothing of it.”
― F. Scott Fitzgerald, ‘The Diamond As Big As The Ritz, And Other Stories’.
69. “Be a diamond studded unicorn
Unbreakable and unique.”
― Coco, ‘Unicorn Psychosis’.
70. “A diamond is a portion of crystalized carbon. That is what we have all been for so many years admiring.”
-J. Hain Friswell.
71. Many individuals have, like uncut diamonds, shining qualities beneath a rough exterior.
72. “Praise, like gold and diamonds, owes its value only to its scarcity.”
Diamond Quotes From Songs
If a book or a poem doesn't speak to you, then music should do the job. Genres right from country, pop, rap and Rihanna (who, of course, creates a whole new genre), have used diamonds to convey their message. Be it love, cash or even cancer (‘White Diamond’), diamonds play a huge role in the music industry. May the lyrics from these iconic diamond moments give you the dash of sparkle you were looking for. Remember, diamonds never let us down.
73. “Shine bright like a diamond...”
74. “Save your love and buy me diamonds...”
-Bea Miller, ‘Buy Me Diamonds’.
75. “Disappointing diamonds are the rarest of them all
And a love that lasts forever really can't be that special...”
-Father John Misty, ‘Disappointing Diamonds Are The Rarest Of Them All’.
76. “The diamonds on the water
Are falling from the sun...”
-Enya, ‘Diamonds On The Water’.
77. “Diamonds never lie to me
For when love's gone, they'll lustre on...”
-Shirley Bassey, ‘Diamonds Are Forever’.
78. “We made love all day
In our little hideaway
But I blew up our love nest
By making one little request:
-Sheryl Crow, ‘Diamond Ring’.
79. "I keep shining, with no diamonds..."
-SAFE, ‘No Diamonds’.
80. “Understand I'm a diamond for you
A white diamond for you...”
-Kylie Minogue, ‘White diamond’.
81. “She wants diamonds, she wants gold
But she's scared to let you get too close...”
-Mac Miller, ‘Diamonds and Gold’.
82. “Diamonds are forever
Hold one up and then caress it...”
-Shirley Bassey, ‘Diamonds Are forever’.
83. “If I gave you diamonds or pearls
Would you be a happy boy or girl...”
-Prince, ‘Diamonds And Pearls’.
84. “I might not be flawless, but you know
I gotta diamond heart...”
-Lady Gaga, ‘Diamond Heart’.
85. “Diamonds be wet on my wrist, yuh...”
-Lil Xan, ‘Diamonds’.
86. “They never tell you at the jewellery store
Yep, diamonds make babies
And babies make mammas...”
-Dierks Bentley, ‘Diamonds Make Babies’.
87. “Shine on you crazy diamond...”
-Pink Floyd, ‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’.
88. "I'ma shower me with diamonds...”
-Jauz and Kiiara, ‘Diamonds’.
89. “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend...”
— Marilyn Monroe, ‘Gentlemen Prefer Blondes’.
Diamond Quotes For Inspiration
We all want to shine bright like a diamond (all hail Rihanna), and what better way to get you started then 'you are a diamond' quotes. Countless success stories use diamonds as metaphors. They might have even used previous metaphors as inspiration for themselves. You can share these quotes with a friend too, because true friends are like diamonds indeed. Keep reading for more quotes to continue this cycle of positive energy.
90. “Diamonds can be imitated but not duplicated.”
-Cozette R. Garrett.
91. “He who owns this diamond Koh-I-Noor will own the world, but will also know all its misfortunes. Only God, or a woman, can wear it with impunity.”
92. “Diamonds are intrinsically worthless, except for the deep psychological need they fill.”
93. “No pressure, no diamonds.”
– Thomas Carlyle.
94. “Remember diamonds are created under pressure so hold on.”
― Sope Agbelusi.
95. “The more the diamond is cut, the brighter it sparkles; and in what seems hard dealing, there God has no end in view but to perfect His people.”
– Thomas Guthrie.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for beautiful diamond quotes that sparkle, then why not take a look at shine quotes, or engagement quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.