A dream catcher is considered sacred to Native American culture.
It consists of a willow hoop that has a net or web woven on it, with feathers and beads hanging from it. They were originally hung over cradles of babies and symbolize protection.
To Native Americans, they served the purpose of 'catching dreams'. Dream catchers are of Ojibwe origin and are meant to protect children from nightmares. Dreams are believed to enter the dream catchers where bad dreams get caught in the tangled web of the dream catchers. The good dreams are believed to pass through the web and float down to the beads and feathers. The feathers are meaningful because they were believed to transfer the good dreams from dream catchers to the baby. The bad dreams caught in the web of dream catchers are believed to be destroyed by sunlight.
In Native American culture, it is believed that dream catchers actually work, but today dream catchers have become more of a fascination for people wishing to decorate their homes. Originally though, they represented a mother's protection for her children and wishes of peace and positivity, signaling that dreams can come true.
The best colors for dream catchers to celebrate the dreams that guide us are blue and white as they represent hope and purity. Green is another great color to help catch your dreams as it has great healing power.
We've put together a list of beautiful dream catcher quotes, dream catcher sayings, quotes about dreaming, quote about dreamcatchers, dreamcatcher meaning quotes, Native American dreamcatcher quotes, and more for you to catch your dreams. There are dream catcher quotes by A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, Colin Powell, and others that highlight that dreams are necessary like the air without which we cannot live.
Don't let someone else catch your dreams. They won't become reality through magic, it takes sweat, determination, and hard work, as you'll read in one of the quotes included below.
For more inspiration, check out our articles on day dreaming quotes and sleep quotes.
Best Dream Catchers Quotes
Here's a list of the best dream catchers quotes for you to enjoy.
1. "Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today."
- James Dean.
2. "Dreamcatcher in the rearview mirror hasn’t caught a thing yet. Twenty dollars in souvenirs. Anything’s worth trying to stay out of your nightmares."
- Julien Rose Baker.
3. "Sleep, baby sleep, whispers spirit of the woods as big sister weaves a dream net on a little willow hoop. A dream net for baby like a small spider web, spun of nettle-stalk twine, stained dark red with the bark of wild plum."
- Audrey Osofsky.
4. "The dream catcher reminds us how important the dream world has been to people throughout time. Dreams have provided medicine men, shamans, and prophets a portal to another realm."
- John Cline.
5. "Don’t let someone else catch your dreams. You be the dream catcher."
6. "Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."
- Carl Jung.
7. "A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."
- Oscar Wilde.
8. "I am your dreamcatcher, Your shelter in the night. I am your dreamcatcher, protector from the fright. I am your dreamcatcher, as if our minds would be entwined, I catch yours and you catch mine."
- Christopher Weule.
9. "What if people were like dream catchers?"
- Nandini Thakar.
10. "Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine."
- Elvis Presley.
11. "Dreamcatcher, I can see you waving in the night alone. Slow winter, and I feel I might get left out in the cold."
- Laura Pergolizzi.
12. "Dreams don’t work unless you do."
- John C. Maxwell.
13. "Dreaming permits each and everyone of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives."
- William Dement.
14. "My dreams are so big that they can't get into a dream catcher."
- Fathima Shamla.
Beautiful Dream Catcher Quotes
This list of beautiful dream catchers quotes will inspire you.
15. "You make me feel safe and secure, keep my fears and demons away with beads and bells, little lights and feathers...strings that bind all the goodness, love and care shooing my nightmares away. You are my personal dreamcatcher."
16. "Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country."
― Anais Nin.
17. "Dreams may act as a lens, through which we perceive life clearly."
18. "Dreamcatchers cross cultural boundaries and serve to communicate a shared consciousness that unites persons with different backgrounds."
- Cath Oberholtzer.
19. "Dreamcatcher, save me from the darkness in my soul. Dreamcatcher, let me see the future I don't know. Help me hold on tight and don't let go."
- Caeland Garner.
20. "I have so many dreams to work for, I have so many things to see...Maybe it'd be easier if I were simply a dreamcatcher."
- Aananya Ratan.
21. "I wanted to meet you more often; I bought myself a dream catcher."
- Sourajita D.
22. "Come, get entwined in the dream catcher of my heart."
― Melody Lee.
23. "You were that entity, which the dreamcatcher happened to see more often than I could ever wish for."
- Subiya Hussain.
24. "The only requirement of having a dream, is believing in it."
- Molly Barker.
25. "I sleep unafraid and in rapture, lulled by visual melodies of my dreamcatcher."
26. "I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours."
– Bob Dylan.
27. "Every dayrbreak, aroused by the silent screams of her soul, like the sudden tides of the silent ocean reaching on the shore, pleasure soaked nightmares found tangled in her dreamcatcher."
- Palak Garg.
28. "Miracles start to happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as to your fears."
- Richard Wilkins.
29. "My dreamcatcher still hangs in the hope of you."
- Sakshi Vashist.
30. "Let my dreams catch the dreams I deserve."
31. "I slowly glissade into your whispers chiming inside the dream catcher."
- Misty Sierra.
32. "I have concluded that dreams and emotions are equally dangerous. Both have the capability of causing great agony to a person. They are also the purest way of communication. The catch, however…interpretation."
- Kylie R. Trask.
33. "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
― Edgar Allan Poe, 'Eleonora'.
34. "You're never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true."
- Richard Bach.
35. "There is hope in dreams, imagination, and in the courage of those who wish to make those dreams a reality."
- Jonas Salk.
36. "I make dreamcatchers, for, at least, the frailest of the sweet dreams might get caught somehow, and over time, I would find, collected pieces of my golden dreams, in the weave of the dreamcatcher."
Famous Dream Catcher Quotes
Check out these dream catchers quotes from famous personalities.
37. "Dreams are necessary. Like the air, without realizing it, I, you, and we all need dreams. The dreams that guide us on what we do today because today is the answer to our dreams the other day."
― Alanda Kariza.
38. "People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."
― Neil Gaiman.
39. "This net has a wooden frame bearing many feathers and a hole at it's very heart — it was the sacred dreamcatcher."
- Philip Nicklin.
40. "Hope is a waking dream."
41. "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."
― John Lennon.
42. "All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together."
- Jack Kerouac.
43. "I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?"
- John Lennon.
44. "I don’t dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living."
- Steven Spielberg.
45. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
46. "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."
- Anatole France.
47. "Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly."
- Langston Hughes.
48. "You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
-A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
49. "For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own. Let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud."
-Albus Dumbledore, 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban'.
50. "Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
51. "A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
– Colin Powell.
52. "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
― Edgar Allan Poe.
53. "You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one."
– John Lennon.
54. "The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts."
- Albert Einstein.
55. "The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up."
- Muhammad Ali.
*Do you know where any of these popular quotes and sayings came from? Let us know [email protected]!
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for dream catcher quotes, then why not take a look at, or sweet dreams quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.