Doctor Who has been one of the most-watched and loved TV shows.
We love all the doctors from the famous show Doctor Who, but David Tennant will always hold a special place in our hearts as the Tenth Doctor. The fans were really touched by the character of The Tenth Doctor because of the commendable performance given by the beloved actor, David Tennant.
Even more than the other characters, we just love how the Tenth Doctor likes adventure and gets himself into troubles. His favourite catchphrase, "Allons-y" is so proudly used by many of his fans even now. We find that the intense self-sacrificing and caring attitude he held throughout the show for almost anyone around him has captured the hearts of his fans. The well-defined role also set the foundation for future doctors like Matt Smith.
Did you like the 10th Doctor and want to find more? Here are some of the best Tenth Doctor quotes for you to gorge on. Also, make sure you check out 11th Doctor Quotes and 80s movie quotes too to find quotes from the other Doctors!
Best Doctor Who Quotes
Even when a show ends, it is later remembered mainly by its popular catchphrases of the characters of the show, and in Doctor Who, you will find quite a lot of them. There are many popular David Tennant Doctor Who quotes that are inspiring, funny, heart touching and that appeal to the fan base. But only a few are categorized as the best phrases. We find that fans go crazy over these phrases even now after the series end! Some of the best David Tennant Dr Who quotes are listed below.
1. “I’m burning up a sun just to say good-bye.”
-Season 2, Episode 13-“Doomsday”
2. "Some people live longer in twenty years than others do in eighty"
-Season 3, Episode 6 -"The Lazarus Experiment"
3. "Don’t blink. Don’t even blink. Blink and you’re dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don’t turn your back, don’t look away, and don’t blink."
-Season 3, Episode 10-“Blink”
Doctor Who Inspirational Quotes
One of the reasons we love to watch the Doctor Who series is because of the inspiring attitude he possesses not just for the young but also for the adults. Whilst it is interesting to watch the TV series for the sci-fi adventures and concepts, we can also note some of the quotes that are good life lessons for adults and teenagers to follow. Since there cannot only be one Dr Who quote that a fan can like, here are a few truly inspirational Doctor Who quotes that even the actor himself has praised a lot.
4. “That’s how I see the universe. Every waking second I can see what is, what was, what could be, what must not. It’s the burden of a Time Lord, Donna, and I’m the only one left.”
-Season 4, Episode 2- “The Fires of Pompeii”
5. “That’s what I am: just a traveler. Imagine it: no tax, no bills, no boss. Just the open sky.”
-Christmas Episode- "Voyage of the Damned"
6. "I've seen fake Gods and bad Gods and demigods and would-be Gods; out of all that, out of that whole pantheon, if I believe in one thing... Just one thing... I believe in her."
-Season 2, Episode 9-“The Satan’s Pitt”
7. "It's not that I'm an innocent. I've taken lives. I got worse, I got clever! Manipulated people into taking their own. Sometimes, I think a Time Lord lives too long...."
8. “I don't age. I regenerate. But humans decay. You wither and you die. Imagine watching that happen to someone that you..."
-Season 2, Episode 3-“School Reunion”
9. "There's one tiny little gap in the universe left, just about to close. And it takes a lot of power to send this projection; I'm in orbit around a supernova. I'm burning up a sun, just to say goodbye." - The Doctor to Rose Tyler.
- Season 2, Episode 13- "Doomsday"
10. “You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
-Season 2, Episode 2-“Tooth and Claw”
11. “When you start this new world. This world of human and hath. Remember that! Make the foundation of this society, a man who never would!”
-Season 4, Episode 6-“The Doctor’s Daughter”
12. “Oh, how to explain the mechanics of the infinite temporal flux? I know: Back to the Future! It’s like Back to the Future!”
-Season 3, Episode 2- “The Shakespeare Code”
13. “I’m the Doctor. I’m a Time Lord. I’m from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I’m 903 years old, and I’m the man who’s gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?”
-Season 4, Episode 0- “Voyage of the Damned”
Doctor Who Love Quotes
Another aspect about Doctor Who quotes is that they also carry an essence of love. We have already witnessed the care and generosity he demonstrates towards the people in the show, and it is heart touching. We understand the sensitivity of the character of Doctor Who by his simple yet sensitive words. But they have a strong effect due to the actor’s amazing performance with real emotions. The sad death of the Tenth Doctor, after the age of 903 years because of the effect of the radiation that he was exposed to, was a sad moment for the audience owing to the performance of the actor. But the good thing is that he reincarnated into the next doctor that we find in the show! His catchphrases on love and sensibilities are even enjoyed today, so take a look at some of the best The Doctor quotes on love as listed below.
14. “There’s a lot of things you need to get across this universe warp drive.. wormhole refractors.. you know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold.”
-Season 2, Episode 11-“Fear Her”
15. "You can spend the rest of your life with me, but I can't spend the rest of mine with you. I have to live on. Alone. That's the curse of the Time Lords."
-Season 2, Episode 3-“School Reunion"
16. “People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.”
-Season 3, Episode 10-“Blink”
17. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."
-Season 2, Episode 8-“The Impossible Planet”
18. Rose Tyler: “I love you.”
The Doctor: “Quite right too. And I suppose, if it’s one last chance to say it… Rose Tyler… ”
-Season 2, Episode 10-“Love and Monsters”
19. “I don’t want to go.”
-“The End of Time”
Funny Doctor Who Quotes
Doctor Who is a family show that is not loved just known for its sci-fi adventure but also for its fantastic humor. The character has a good sense of humor that is pleasing to the audience and makes us giggle now and then. The dialogues that are used as sarcasm towards other characters, or used as unintended humor are also found funny by the viewers. Below listed are some of the funniest Doctor Who David Tennant quotes from the show that are remembered well even today.
20. "I need...I need...I need you to shut up."
-Season 2 “The Christmas Invasion”
21. “I have no idea where he picks that stuff up."
-Episode “The Day of the Doctor”
22. "I let you keep Mickey!"
-Season 2, Episode 4-“The Girl in the Fireplace”
23. Mickey: “What’s a horse doing on a spaceship?”
The Doctor: “Mickey, what’s pre-revolutionary France doing on a space ship? Get a little perspective.”
-Season 2, Episode 4-"The Girl in the Fireplace"
24. “Bang! Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, Tardis!”
-Season 4, Episode 13-“Journey’s End”
25. "Ohhh, you've redecorated! I don't like it."
-Episode “The Day of the Doctor”
26. “Allons-y, Alonzo”
-Season 2, Episode 1-“Army of Ghosts”
27. “You’ve killed someone I liked. That is not a safe place to stand.”
-Season 4, Episode 9-“Forest of the Dead”
28. Reinette: “What do monsters have nightmares about?”
The Doctor: “Me! Ha!”
-Season 2 Episode 4-“The Girl in the Fireplace”
29. “New teeth. That’s weird. So where was I? Oh, that's right: Barcelona!”
-Season 1, Episode 13-“Doomsday”
30. “Sorry. That’s The Lion King. But the point still stands. Leave them alone!”
- Season 2, Episode 0- "The Christmas Invasion"
Here, at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 30 Best 10th Doctor Quotes For David Tennant Fans then why not take a look at Tony Stark Quotes or Age of Ultron Quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.