'Doctor Who' is one of the most-watched sci-fi shows worldwide.
Peter Capaldi plays one of the most iconic characters in the history of sci-fi series. He took on the unconventional twelfth reincarnation of The Doctor.
A sci-fi show running for 50 years, 'Doctor Who' has created a legacy and fan following of its own. Every person in love with this show has a hard time choosing their favorite Doctor of all time, but Peter Capaldi as the 'Doctor Who' 12th Doctor is a name you simply cannot ignore. Is there a 12th Doctor catchphrase or any 12th Doctor Who quotes that you can remember?
In this article, we will explore Peter Capaldi's best one liners amongst the best Twelfth 'Doctor Who' quotes, which have become almost historic in the world of sci-fi!
Funny 'Doctor Who' Quotes
One of the best parts about 'Doctor Who' quotes is that they are sure to bring a smile to your face even on the dullest of days! The funny and witty Doctor never fails to tickle your funny bone, even in the darkest moments, with the best 'Doctor Who' one liners. Peter Capaldi, with his hilarious comic timing, makes the role all the more endearing! Those funny little moments carefully placed throughout the series transforms this show into a favorite for all age groups. Whether you started watching this show in your childhood or are enjoying binge watching it in your adult years, you cannot miss these laughs! The 12th Doctor strikes a special bond with the audience with his classic antics, be it a harmless act of stupidity or a funny line while dealing with the worst enemies, how does The Doctor do it? Take a walk down memory lane with these 'Doctor Who' Peter Capaldi quotes! Take a good look at these iconic lines and test your knowledge, can you remember each scene?
1. “Kidneys! I've got new kidneys! I don't like the color.”
-Season 8, Episode 0, 'The Time Of The Doctor'.
2. “Hardly anything is evil. But most things are hungry. Hunger looks very like evil from the wrong end of the cutlery. Or do you think that your bacon sandwich loves you back?”
-Season 10, Episode 1, 'The Pilot'.
3. “I hate being wrong in public. Everybody forget that happened."
-Season 8, Episode 1, 'Deep Breath'.
4. “There’s a horror movie called ‘Alien’? That’s really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you.”
-Season 9, Episode 0, 'Last Christmas'.
5. “You’ve been chopping [trees] down for furniture for centuries. If that’s love, no wonder they’re calling down fire from the heavens!”
- Season 8, Episode 10, 'In The Forest Of The Night'.
6. “Could you not just let me enjoy this moment of not knowing something? I mean, it happens so rarely.”
-Season 8, Episode 9, 'Flatline'.
7. “Well... I suppose one more lifetime won't kill anyone. Well... except me.”
-Season 11, Episode 0, 'Twice Upon A Time'.
Wise 'Doctor Who' Quotes
If you started watching 'Doctor Who' as a child, it surely must have triggered a whole different level of excitement in you. The amazing adventures of The Doctor, with challenges thrown at him at every corner, are something any kid would love to watch! But as you grow older, you can now look closely at the words spoken, and you will realize that not all is fun and adventure. There are actually many layers to the show as The Doctor's journey unfolds. The 12th Doctor speech is no exception. In fact, as we look back, some 'Dr Who' quotes are among the wisest words ever spoken. That is the thing about science fiction stories! No matter how out-of-this-world the stories are, or how the script reveals imaginary planets and strange characters that are difficult to imagine in real life, these wise quotes are sure to bridge the gap between the real and the fantasy world. Though applied in a different dimension of the universe, these 12th Doctor quotes reflect the philosophy of our real lives. No wonder the best friendship and love quotes can be found in these science fictions, which kept us hooked for so long.
8. “Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose.”
-Season 8, Episode 8, 'Mummy On The Orient Express'.
9. “Your chances of survival are about one in a thousand. So here's what you do. You forget the thousand, and you concentrate on the one.”
-Season 9, Episode 1, 'The Magician's Apprentice'.
10. “Everything’s dangerous if you want it to be. Eating chips is dangerous. Crossing the road. It’s no way to live your life.”
- Season 8, Episode 7, 'Kill The Moon'.
11. “Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life. An unimportant life. A life without privilege."
-Season 10, Episode 3, 'Thin Ice'.
12. “Do you know what thinking is? It’s just a fancy word for changing your mind.”
-Season 9, Episode 8, 'The Zygon Inversion'.
13. “You know, every moment you waste wallowing about in unhappy thought means more of the living are going to join them. If you want to win a war, remember this: it’s not about you. Believe me, I know... Time to fight your fight.”
-Season 10, Episode 10, 'The Eaters Of Light'.
14. “I called myself The Doctor, but it was just a name. And then I went to Skaro. And then I met you lot. And then I understood who I was.”
-Season 8, Episode 2, 'Into The Dalek'.
15. “This is your power source. And feeble though it is, I can use it to blow this whole room if I see one thing that I don’t like. And that includes karaoke and mimes, so take no chances.”
-Season 8, Episode 1, 'Deep Breath'.
16. “The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
-Season 5, Episode 10, 'Vincent And The Doctor'.
Love Quotes By 'Doctor Who'
Well, the Twelfth Doctor was not all about only fun, adventure and a dose of wisdom! There were many beautiful moments throughout the show, where our favorite Twelfth Doctor mastered the language of love. At least in his own way! The beautiful chemistry between Clara and our very own Twelfth Doctor is time-defying. Their story has that ring to it which no one can ever miss, a subtle one, yet with so much passion and love. No wonder fans still love the relationship between Clara and the 12th Doctor, it is one of the best in the show's history. There was so much chemistry between the pair that their scenes could even make some viewers teary-eyed at sensitive moments. Therefore, there is bound to be some great love 'Doctor Who' quotes from the 12th Doctor. Rumor has it that there was a lot of apprehensions regarding the age of the Twelfth Doctor, but the seamless portrayal of Peter Capaldi left fans wanting more! The amazing performance by Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor certainly left no doubts once the show aired. Before we go to these famous quotes that will make your heart skip a beat, did you know that “Clara” was the most frequently used word by the Twelfth Doctor in this series? Don’t believe us? Go and watch the series once more! But for now, here are some of the best love quotes said ever by the Twelfth Doctor.
17. “I don’t need an army. I never have. Because I’ve got them. Always them. Because love is not an emotion: love is a promise.”
-Season 8, Episode 12, 'Death In Heaven'.
18. “Pain is a gift. Without the capacity for pain, we can’t feel the hurt we inflict.”
- Season 8, Episode 12, 'Death In Heaven'.
19. "Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?”
-Season 8, Episode 11, 'Dark Water'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you like our suggestions for the best 12th Doctor quotes for Peter Capaldi Fans, you could also take a look at these [9th Doctor quotes], or ['Doctor Who' quotes] for more great 'Doctor Who' quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.