A good woman can have an extraordinary effect on a lot of lives.
Good women need to be celebrated and cherished every day. Good women are the building blocks of any societal structure.
Throughout history, women have not been treated the same as men. They have had to fight for fundamental rights, and campaign to reach positions of power. Thankfully, times are changing and more and more women are now in a position of power. Such women have fought to get to these positions where they are able to influence and help others just like them. These strong women are undoubtedly good women, but a good woman can take many different forms. Whether she be strong, independent, caring, determined, kind, or hardworking, there are so many qualities of a good woman!
Here, we will look at some inspiring quotes for a woman from men and women who have always viewed equality as a fundamental right of everybody. We are sure that you'll find inspirational quotes for a woman from our list below. Both men and women can enjoy these quotes, as every man needs a good woman quote to appreciate the lovely female figures in his life.
For more quotes, please check out these [female empowerment quotes] and [power quotes] to find the perfect quote about a woman who has inspired you!
Good Woman Quotes
We will look at some quotes about being a good woman. A good woman quote is any quote that puts across the value of a good woman, and all that she does. These positive quotes about women are truly inspiring.
1. “A good woman inspires a man, a brilliant woman interests him, a beautiful woman fascinates him, but a sympathetic woman gets him.”
- Helen Rowland.
2. “Of all blessings, no gift equals the gentle, trusting love and companionship of a good woman.”
- Elbert Hubbard.
3. “The best thing that can happen to a man is a good woman.”
- Dean Koontz.
4. “A good woman comes in all shapes and colors. When you find her, adore her.”
- Delano Johnson.
5. “I wonder why guys mistreat and disrespect girls. But then they expect life to hand them a good woman when they're older and ready to settle down?”
- Angelina Jolie.
6. “What is better than wisdom? Woman. And what is better than a good woman? Nothing.”
- Geoffrey Chaucer.
7. “No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.”
- Harold MacMillan.
8. “Your woman knows your weaknesses better than anybody... Her gift, if she is a good woman, is to test you with her darkest moods, over and over and over, until your consciousness is unperturbed by feminine challenge, and you are able to pervade her with your love, just as you are here to pervade the world.”
- David Deida.
9. “A good woman is one who loves passionately, has guts, seriousness and passionate convictions, takes responsibility, and shapes society.”
10. “God's rarest blessing is, after all, a good woman!”
- George Meredith.
11. “Only love of a good woman will make a man question every choice, every action. Only love makes a warrior hesitate for fear that his lady will find him cruel. Only love makes a man both the best he will ever be, and the weakest. Sometimes all in the same moment.”
- Laurell K. Hamilton.
12. “A man has to find a good woman, and when he finds her, he has to win her love. Then he has to earn her respect, hen he has to cherish her trust, and then he has to, like, go on doing that for as long as they live... That's what it's all about.”
- Gregory David Roberts.
13. “Marry a good woman, and be happy the rest of your life. Or, marry a bad, and become a good philosopher.”
14. “A man gains no possession better than a good woman, nothing more horrible than a bad one.”
- Simonides of Ceos.
15. “Man is at his best when complemented by the influence of a good woman.”
- Ezra Taft Benson.
16. “In my ninety-plus years, I have learned a secret. I have learned that when good men and good women face challenges with optimism, things will always work out! Truly, things always work out!”
- Gordon B. Hinckley.
17. “If I were a girl, I'd despair. The supply of good women far exceeds that of the men who deserve them.”
- Robert Graves.
18. “A good woman is known by what she does; a good man by what he doesn't.”
- Helen Rowland.
19. “A good woman is the loveliest flower that blooms under heaven; and we look with love and wonder upon its silent grace, its pure fragrance, its delicate bloom of beauty.”
- William Makepeace Thackeray.
20. “We frequently find that the influence of good women is underrated. It is an influence that is often subtle but yet has tremendous consequences. One woman can make a great difference for a whole nation.”
- James E. Faust.
Quotes For A Strong Woman
Strength is something everyone has, but it sometimes takes extreme circumstances to bring out inner strength in some people. Given below are a few being strong quotes that reflect this strength, especially among women. Enjoy these strong quotes for women.
21. "Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that's what makes you strong."
- Sarah Dessen.
22. "I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives."
- Jane Austen.
23. "What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make."
- Jane Goodall.
24. “It is not the hand that rocks the cradle that rules the world; it is the woman that holds the keys to the kingdom.”
-Shannon L. Alder.
25. “I would venture to guess that Anon, who wrote so many poems without signing them, was often a woman.”
- Virginia Woolf.
26. “As a woman, I have no country. As a woman, I want no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.”
- Virginia Woolf.
27. “Yet if a woman never lets herself go, how will she ever know how far she might have got? If she never takes off her high-heeled shoes, how will she ever know how far she could walk or how fast she could run?”
- Germaine Greer.
28. "We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."
- Maya Angelou.
29. "Here's to strong women. May we know them, we may be them, may we raise them."
- Stacey Bendet.
30. "She is water; powerful enough to drown you, soft enough to cleanse you, deep enough to save you."
- Adrian Michael.
31. "The strongest action for a woman is to love herself. Be herself and shine amongst those who never believed she could."
32. "We all move forward when we recognize how resilient and striking the women around us are"
- Rupi Kaur.
33. "A good woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
34. “Don't be the girl who fell. Be the girl who got back up.”
- Jenette Stanley.
35. "And these blessings, no gift equals the gentle, trusting love and companionship of a good woman."
- Elbert Hubbard.
36. "Her damaged petals are what made her more beautiful than all of the other flowers."
- A.J. Lawless.
37. "Do not tame the wolf inside you just because you've met someone who doesn't have the courage to handle you."
- Belle Estreller.
38. “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
39. “Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else.”
- Judy Garland.
40. “The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved. Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce. Women of indomitable will.”
- Amy Tenney.
Inspirational Quotes For Women
If you are a woman looking for inspiration, look no further. These inspirational quotes about women do just that. The women's inspirational quotes are indeed good and positive to read, we hope that they inspire you today!
41. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.”
- Audrey Hepburn.
42. “You educate a man, you educate a man. You educate a woman, you educate a generation.”
- Brigham Young.
43. “Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.”
- Lady Gaga.
44. “And one day, she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.”
- Mark Anthony.
45. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.”
- Margaret Thatcher.
46. “A man’s got to do what a man’s got to do. A woman must do what he can’t.”
- Rhonda Hansome.
47. “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.”
- Melinda Gates.
48. “What would men be without women? Scarce, sir… mighty scarce.”
- Mark Twain.
49. “When a woman becomes her own best friend, life is easier.”
- Diane Von Furstenberg.
50. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.”
- Margaret Thatcher.
51. “Women have discovered that they cannot rely on men’s chivalry to give them justice.”
- Helen Keller.
52. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
- Michelle Obama.
53. “Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention.”
54. “She wore her scars as her best attire. A stunning dress made of hellfire.”
- Daniel Saint.
55. "When you look at the stars and the galaxy, you feel that you are not just from any particular piece of land, but from the solar system."
- Kalpana Chawla.
56. "If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."
- Margaret Fuller.
57. "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
- Timothy Leary.
58. "There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group - there is less competition there."
- Indira Gandhi.
59. "Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world."
- Hillary Clinton.
60. "Whether I am meant to or not, I challenge assumptions about women. I do make some people uncomfortable, which I’m well aware of, but that’s just part of coming to grips with what I believe is still one of the most important pieces of unfinished business in human history—empowering women to be able to stand up for themselves."
- Hillary Clinton.
Powerful Quotes For Women
Being in a position of power carries with it certain responsibilities. These quotes are from people who have been in such a position and are looking to inspire others who wish to be there. These inspiring quotes aim to encourage other women to strive for these important positions of power.
61. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”
62. “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong, it’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.”
- G.D. Anderson.
63. “No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.”
- Kamala Harris.
64. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”
- Ayn Rand.
65. “The king may rule the kingdom, but it’s the queen who moves the board.”
- D.M. Timney.
66. “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.”
- Meryl Streep.
67. “The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.”
- Susan B. Anthony.
68. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.”
- Kavita Ramdas.
69. “She was a wild one - always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tip-toed on.”
- Kaitlin Foster.
70. “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.”
- Stephanie Bennett-Henry.
71. “If you live for people’s acceptance, you’ll die from their rejections.”
72. “The woman who doesn’t require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.”
- Mohadesa Najumi.
73. “A strong woman loves, forgives, walks away, lets go, tries again, and perseveres… no matter what life throws at her.”
- Hellen Mirren.
74. “She’s a strong cup of black coffee in a world that is drunk on the cheap wine of shallow love.”
- Jm Storm.
75. “Woman is the dominant sex. Men have to do all sorts of stuff to prove they are worthy of a woman’s attention.”
- Camille Paglia.
76. “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.”
- Emma Watson.
77. “Some women fear the fire, some simply become it…”
- R.H. Sin.
78. “Sometimes an angel, sometimes a hell raiser, always a strong woman.”
- R.H. Sin.
79. “As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire. ”
- Jessica Kirkland.
80. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made... It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.”
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Quotes That Appreciate A Good Woman
Everyone loves to be appreciated, and everyone deserves to be appreciated when they accomplish something important. These "how to appreciate a good woman" quotes might just help us understand and appreciate a woman’s contribution as much as it deserves.
81. “Often, we women are risk-averse. I needed the push. Now, more than ever, young women need more seasoned women to provide that encouragement, to take a risk, to go for it. Once a glass ceiling is broken, it stays broken.”
- Jennifer Granholm.
82. “I am a woman. I am smart. I have opinions. I have feelings. I care. I make a difference. I matter. I Am A Woman and I proud of who I am.”
- Ananditha Krishna.
83. “Only men who are interested in women are interested in women's clothes. Men who like women never notice what they wear.”
- Anatole France.
84. "When you judge a woman by her appearance, it doesn't define her, it defines you. Ladies, never allow yourself to be defined by someone's inability to appreciate your unique beauty."
- Dr Steve Maraboli.
85. “If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
- Bob Marley.
86. “Don’t be offended when they call you a fragile flower. Instead, weather the storms, reach for the sun and show them the strength and determination it takes for flowers to truly grow.”
- Nikita Gill.
87. “You never need to apologize for how you chose to survive.”
- Clementine Von Radics.
88. “She wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell.”
- Nikita Gill.
89. “A woman's heart shouldn't be judged by the amount of times it has been broken, but more for its strength to know when to walk away.”
- Mirtha Michelle Castro.
90. “Even during the toughest times in her life, she carried herself with dignity and strength, and she knew that the only person who could save her life was herself.”
- Khloé Kardashian.
91. “Cause, baby, I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me.”
- Taylor Swift, 'New Romantics'.
92. “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.”
- Elizabeth Edwards.
93. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.”
94. “Whatever you do, be different – that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out.”
- Anita Roddick.
95. “I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
96. “A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.”
- Nancy Rathburn.
97. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.”
- Diane Mariechild.
98. "Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses."
- Madame Marie du Deffand.
99. "Every man needs a good woman! A woman that will push him to be great. A woman that will support him but also stop if he is going in the wrong direction. A woman he can count on and never count out. Every man needs a good woman!"
- Tony A Gaskins Jr.
100. “Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess, because just like the game of chess – the queen protects the king.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best good woman, then why not take a look at these accomplishment quotes, or [self-improvement quotes] for more inspiring quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.