Education is the main building block of a happy, fruitful, and productive life.
Nelson Mandela famously said that, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”. This famous quote about education has inspire many, as do many other great education quotes and academics quotes.
A well-rounded schooling framework prepares children for the future. However, math, science, and geography alone won't set you up for real life. Teachers also encourage their students to have an independent mind and to become free thinkers. One way to encourage this way of thinking is by sharing academics quotes with children and young people.
Mahatma Gandhi's famous line advises us to, "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." We believe this is the best motto in education, as not only does it stress the importance of learning, it also shows the need to enjoy yourself along the way. You will find this quote and all the rest of the best education quotes in this article!
If you like these academics quotes, you can also find [end of school year quotes] and [homeschool quotes] to share with your family here.
Famous Academics Quotes About Education And Wisdom
A well-rounded education during adolescence and young adulthood can have a genuine impact on your later life. Schooling, teacher, authors and academics, all help to open and grow children's minds. A student's love for reading different books can enhance their skills and provide knowledge will last for a lifetime. So why not introduce young people to these academics quotes to keep them thinking and learning? Quotes about education by authors and academics motivate students to learn new things each day. Such self-education enhances our intelligence and improves our sense of self. This collection of academics quotes is full of wisdom and power, it includes inspirational quotes by teachers and authors, educational quotes, motivational quotes for students, quotes about education, famous quotes about learning, quotes of inspiration for students and quotes to motivate students. So expand their horizons now, by reading these academics quotes to inspire students and motivation quotes for students. If you learn one thing from these academics quotes, we hope it is about the value of education. No one will benefit from these academics quotes more than young people will, enjoy!
1. "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."
– Benjamin Franklin.
2. "What we learn with pleasure we never forget."
– Alfred Mercier.
3. "Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today."
– Malcolm X.
4. "The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson."
– Tom Bodett.
5. "Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others."
― Roy T. Bennett.
6. "I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it."
– Roald Dahl.
7. "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. "
– Nelson Mandela.
8. " Learning is not the product of teaching. Learning is the product of the activity of learners."
- John Holt.
9. "Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence."
- Abigail Adams.
10. "They know enough who know how to learn."
- Henry Adams.
11. "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
– Mahatma Gandhi.
12. "The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows."
– Sydney J. Harris.
13. "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."
– Benjamin Franklin.
14. "Learning without thought is a labor lost, thought without learning is perilous."
15. "All things good to know are difficult to learn."
16. Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before.
- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
17." Liberal education is at the heart of civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching."
- A. Bartlett Giamatti.
18. "Much education today is monumentally ineffective. All too often we are giving young people cut flowers when we should be teaching them to grow their own plants."
- John W. Gardner.
19. "Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers."
- Josef Albers.
20. "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
- Benjamin Franklin.
21."If the child is not learning the way you are teaching, then you must teach in the way the child learns."
- Rita Dunn.
22."Who questions much, shall learn much, and retain much."
- Francis Bacon.
23." A dull mind gets bored easily. A curious mind expands forever."
24." Children must be taught how to think, not what to think."
- Margaret Mead.
25. "Kids don’t remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are."
- Jim Henson.
26. "The highest result of education is tolerance."
- Helen Keller.
27. "The more you make it easy for your kids, the more you remove the struggle necessary for learning."
- Maxime Lagace.
28. "Free education is abundant, all over the Internet. It’s the desire to learn that’s scarce."
- Naval Ravikant.
29. "Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge. Let your learning lead to action."
- Jim Rohn.
30."Learning never exhausts the mind."
-Leonardo da Vinci.
31. "The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you."
- B. B. King.
32. "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
- Og Mandino.
33. "Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty."
- Mark Twain.
34. "A change is brought about because ordinary people do extraordinary things."
- Barack Obama.
35. "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
- Thomas Jefferson.
36. "The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work."
37. "A learned man has always riches in himself."
38."Educate the children and it won’t be necessary to punish the men."
39. "The authority of those who teach is often an obstacle to those who want to learn."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero.
40. "Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each."
41. "Spoon feeding, in the long run, teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon."
― E.M. Forster.
42. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.”
– John Maxwell.
43. "You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward."
- Conrad Hall.
44. "The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."
45. "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
- Albert Einstein.
46. "The foundation of every state is the education of its youth."
47. "Education... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."
- G. M. Trevelyan.
48. "The most influential of all educational factors is the conversation in a child's home."
- William Temple.
49. "Some people will never learn anything, for this reason, because they understand everything too soon."
- Alexander Pope.
50. "Observation more than books and experience more than persons, are the prime educators."
- Amos Bronson Alcott.
Inspirational Quotes For Students
Academics quotes don't just need to come from academics and authors, itn fact the power, joy and wisdom of learning is available to all. From education quotes from Arthur Ashe (the first African American male tennis player to win the US Open), to academics quotes from Victor Hugo (the famous French poet, novelist and dramatist of the Romantic movement) and Will Durant (the American author), many different people have inspired generations of children to reach their full potential. Other famous figures who have provided words of wisdom and ways to get young people engaged with learning include Leo Buscaglia, Jim Rohn, Michel Legrand, Alexandra K Trenfor and Carl Rogers. These motivational speakers and authors have provided many kind words and academics quotes to motivate children and adults alike through the learning process (be it at school or obtaining a degree at college). A motivation quote for students is helpful in motivating them in many ways, and these academics quotes about education will truly show the power of education. If you are looking for the perfect quote to motivate students, why not take your pick from the great collection of academics quotes that are listed below? If you share one of these academics quotes every day with children you are schooling, you are bound to create a sense of achievement and pride in their minds.
51. "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited."
52. "Procrastination makes easy things hard and hard things harder."
— Mason Cooley.
53. "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated."
— R Collier.
54. "Today a reader. Tomorrow a leader."
55. "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."
— Andy McIntyre.
56. "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
- Mark Twain.
57. "Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
- John R. Woode.
58. "Remember that failure is an event, not a person."
- Zig Ziglar.
59. "Why should society feel responsible only for the education of children, and not for the education of all adults of every age."
- Erich Fromm.
60. "The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think — rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men."
- Bill Beattie.
61. "Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of becoming."
62. "Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him."
- Maya Angelou.
63. "There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly."
- Buckminster Fuller.
64. "Work hard, have fun, make history."
- Jeff Bezos.
65. "I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen."
- Frank Lloyd Wright.
66. "Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come."
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
67. "However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. "
– Stephen Hawking.
68. "Belief in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going."
– Chantal Sutherland.
69. "I believe that God has put gifts and talents and ability on the inside of every one of us. When you develop that and you believe in yourself and you believe that you’re a person of influence and a person of purpose, I believe you can rise up out of any situation."
– Joel Osteen.
70. "Many who are self-taught far excel the doctors, masters, and bachelors of the most renowned universities."
– Ludwig Von Mises.
71. "Be like a duck, paddling, and working hard in the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling, calm face."
– Manoj Arora.
72. "If you wait for the mango fruits to fall, you’d be wasting your time while others are learning how to climb the tree."
– Michael Bassey Johnson.
73. "Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
— Thomas Edison.
74. "There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes."
– John Maxwell.
75. "Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."
– H. Jackson Brown Jr.
76. "I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but it should get you pretty near."
– Margaret Thatcher.
77. “The ideal school would teach health, wealth, and happiness. It‘d be free, self-paced, and available to all. It‘d show opposing ideas and students would self-verify truth. No grades, no tests, no diplomas – just learning. Actually, you’re already here. Careful who you follow.”
- Naval Ravikant.
78. "Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do."
79. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
– Thomas A. Edison.
80. "Entrepreneurs are great at dealing with uncertainty and also very good at minimizing risk. That’s the classic entrepreneur."
– Mohnish Pabrai.
81. "Develop an ‘attitude of gratitude’. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you."
– Brian Tracy.
82. "For every reason, it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded."
– Jack Canfield.
83. "People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy."
84. "You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something–your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."
85. "The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them."
— Denis Waitley.
86. "I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."
— Diane Ackerman.
87. "A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."
— Vince Lombardi.
88. "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all."
— Dale Carnegie.
89. “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.”
- David M. Burns.
90. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”
- Mark Twain.
91. “We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it.”
- John Newton.
92. “To accuse others for one’s own misfortunes is a sign of want of education. To accuse oneself shows that one’s education has begun. To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one’s education is complete.”
93. “The most beautiful things in the creating of the child are his 'mistakes'. The more a child’s work is full of these individual mistakes the more wonderful it is. And the more a teacher removes them from the child’s work the duller, more desolate and impersonal it becomes.”
- Franz Cizek.
94. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our collection of education quotes and academics quotes then why not take a look at these [special education quotes], or [middle school quotes] for more great education quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.