Aesthetic means the charming, positive, appearance of someone or something.
Aesthetics are something that we see with our own eyes, often pleasing our senses so greatly that we essentially can't dismiss them. There are deeper meanings than what we simply see on a superficial level, and these aesthetics quotes will make you look past what your eyes can see. The Richard Rogers quote,"form follows profit is the aesthetic principle of our times" is a useful quote about aesthetics relating to our current time and can help you learn about aesthetics through quotes. "You can't buy vision, and you can't buy aesthetic" is another great positive aesthetic quotes by Travis Scott about beauty and aesthetic art quotes.
With regards to aesthetics, individuals frequently just associate it with art although it can be about much more. Nonetheless, these aesthetics quotes will assist you with seeing the beauty surrounding you and the unexpected places you can find it. “Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic” (Oscar Wilde) and "there is no crime to be kind" (Marina And The Diamonds) are some cute aesthetic quotes for you to check out. If you're after some short aesthetic quotes, check out these: "change the world by being yourself" (Amy Poehler) and "never regret anything that made you smile" (Mark Twain), like many aesthetic beauties do! If you need some more refreshing aesthetic quotes about life you can read on here, you might even find some funny aesthetics quotes, too!
If you liked our aesthetic quotes article, you can also search our article's [aesthetic love quotes] and [inner beauty quotes] with your family.
Famous Aesthetic Quotes
Motivational aesthetic quotes will change your perspective on life. "The more people explore the world, the more they realize in every country there's a different aesthetic. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder" is a beautiful quote by Helena Christensen on aesthetic that you might like. Quotes about aesthetics include an aesthetic quote, quotes about art, deep quotes, sad aesthetic quotes, aesthetic book quotes, soft aesthetic quotes, aesthetic movie quotes, aesthetic beauty quotes and inspirational aesthetic quotes.
1. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.”
― Sophia Loren.
2. “Leonardo Da Vinci combined art and science and aesthetics and engineering, that kind of unity is needed once again.”
– Ben Shneiderman.
3. “Refinement creates beauty everywhere: it is the grossness of the spectator that discovers nothing but grossness in the object.”
― William Hazlitt.
4. “Needing to have reality confirmed and experience enhanced by photographs is an aesthetic consumerism to which everyone is now addicted. Industrial societies turn their citizens into image-junkies; it is the most irresistible form of mental pollution.”
― Susan Sontag.
5. “The aesthetics aren’t merely a side note, they’re as important as anything else.”
― Sylvain Neuvel.
6. “I think the New Aesthetic is a series of observations. I think most of the trouble people have had with it comes from a misunderstanding of it as a movement.”
– Warren Ellis.
7. "I always loved fashion and clothes. Not because I think that's a woman's place, but because I care about aesthetics. I like art; I like going to art museums, and to me, these things are just manifestations of one's aesthetic sense."
8. "There's nowhere that looks like Singapore; it's absolutely beautiful on a purely aesthetic level."
9. “I find beauty in the continual shaping of chaos which clearly embodies the primordial power of nature’s performance.”
– Iris van Herpen.
10. "A concerted effort to preserve our heritage is a vital link to our cultural, educational, aesthetic, inspirational, and economic legacies - all of the things that quite literally make us who we are."
- Steve Berry.
11. “Nothing's perfect, the world's not perfect. But it's there for us, trying the best it can; that's what makes it so damn beautiful.”
- Hiromu Arakawa.
12. "Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern."
- Alfred North Whitehead.
13. “Styles may change, details may come and go, but the broad demands of aesthetic judgment are permanent.”
– Roger Scruton.
14. "My particular aesthetic of light and color and design wouldn't change as a result of working with computer graphics rather than with slit scan or miniatures."
15. "I don't need to be so full of myself that I feel I am without flaw. I can feel beautiful and imperfect at the same time. I have a healthy relationship with my aesthetic insecurities."
- Lupita Nyong'o.
16. “If a work of art is rich and vital and complete, those who have artistic instincts will see its beauty, and those to whom ethics appeal more strongly than aesthetics will see its moral lesson.”
- Oscar Wilde.
17. "To so enter into it in nature and art that the enjoyed meanings of life may become a part of living is the attitude of aesthetic appreciation."
- George Herbert Mead.
18. "Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction."
-E. O. Wilson.
19. "In the world, there exists no aesthetic plane, not even the aesthetic plane of goodness."
- Clarice Lispector.
20. "It's odd that there is a high level of appreciation of nature. There is the aesthetic side that really loves nature and beauty."
- Jerry Garcia.
21. "Nothing's perfect, the world's not perfect. But it's there for us, trying the best it can; that's what makes it so damn beautiful."
- Hiromu Arakawa.
22. "Aesthetic matters are fundamental for the harmonious development of both society and the individual.'
23. "Aesthetic emotion puts man in a state favorable to the reception of erotic emotion. Art is the accomplice of love. Take love away and there is no longer art."
-Remy de Gourmont.
24. I think death is the aesthetic part of chess, seeing your opponent's army fall. Producing a sacrifice in order to mate is the aesthetic part of it. It's a beautiful, bloodless war.
- Daniel Naroditsky.
25. "Advertising isn't just the disruption of aesthetics, the insults to your intelligence and the interruption of your train of thought. At every company that sells ads, a significant portion of their engineering team spends their day tuning data mining, writing better code to collect all your personal data."
26. “In the life of the individual, an aesthetic sensibility is both more authentic and more commendable than a political or religious one.”
- Tom Robbins.
27. "It is good taste, and good taste alone, that possesses the power to sterilize and is always the first handicap to any creative functioning."
- Salvador Dali.
29. “Aesthetics have substantial political consequences. How one view oneself as beautiful or not beautiful or desirable or not desirable has deep consequences regarding one’s feelings of self-worth and one’s capacity to be a political agent.”
- Cornel West.
30. "A man of eighty has outlived probably three new schools of painting, two of architecture and poetry and a hundred in dress."
- Lord Byron.
31. “Art is the accomplice of love. Take love away, and there is no longer art.”
- Remy de Gourmont.
32. “Aesthetics is both politics and philosophy, a series of agreements and disagreements between subjective minds.”
– Jimenez Lai.
33. My aesthetic is pretty classic. I like to keep things simple but appreciate the details.
- Jessica Jung.
34. "The less concerned with aesthetics and usability these friends and family members are, the more easily they navigate sites and applications I can't make head nor hair of. Like the ex-girlfriend who mastered Ebay."
- Jeffrey Zeldman.
35. "In the life of the individual, an aesthetic sensibility is both more authentic and more commendable than a political or religious one."
- Tom Robbins.
36. "The aesthetic serviceability of objects of beauty is not greatly nor universally heightened by possession."
37. "Sometimes, there comes a time when the universe just wants you to find all the love that you deserve inside the saddest parts of you. It is there where your healing will begin."
- Juansen Dizon.
38. "Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction."
- E. O. Wilson.
39. "A garden is a complex of aesthetic and plastic intentions; and the plant is, to a landscape artist, not only a plant – rare, unusual, ordinary or doomed to disappearance – but it is also a color, a shape, a volume or an arabesque in itself."
-Roberto Burle Marx.
40."Besides the aesthetics, besides teaching an appreciation of T.S. Eliot, a basic need is fulfilled when you teach English at CUNY."
Important Aesthetic Quotes
Here are some important aesthetic quotes to get you thinking deeply about aesthetics!
41. “In so far as the mind sees things in their eternal aspect, it participates in eternity.”
― Baruch de Spinoza.
42. "Form follows profit is the aesthetic principle of our times."
- Richard Rogers.
43. "I always loved aesthetics. Not particularly fashion, but an idea of beauty."
- Miuccia Prada.
44. "You can look at Lil Uzi and know he has a strong opinion about his aesthetic."
- Virgil Abloh.
45. "I have been using art as a means to the emotions of life and reading into it the ideas of life."
- Clive Bell.
46. "When you're talking about Tim Burton, you're talking about a guy that has such a visual sense, an aesthetic, a storytelling style. It's like he's got his own genre."
-Jackie Earle Haley
47. "Show me what people admire, and I will tell you everything about them that matters."
― Jack McDevitt.
48. "What cannot be borne in reality, becomes a source of pleasure when it is transposed into the visual and somatic fiction of the dramatic spectacle."
49. "The better looking you are the harder your life, under one condition: You're of above-average intelligence. It's those unintelligent attractive people who have it best."
- Gregor Collins.
50. "Appreciate the aesthetic and creativity of nature and be grateful for being part of it."
51. "Everything good is good because of the love it contains."
- John K. Brown.
52. "Fashion, for me, is anything that's aesthetic and beautiful. Art, food, film. It's something that I appreciate and really like."
53. "[Beauty] exists merely in the mind which contemplates [things], and each mind perceives a different beauty; and every individual ought to acquiesce in his own sentiment, without pretending to regulate those of others."
- David Hume.
54. "A taste for ostentation is rarely associated in the same souls with a taste for honesty"
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
55. "In a single wave of meaning the triumphant purity of being."
- Boris Pasternak.
56. "There's something wrong with any art that makes a woman all bust"
- Djuna Barnes.
57. "There was a product that seemed attractive, expensive, portable, beautiful, and simple. Everybody talked about its beauty but they bought it for its simplicity."
58. “People are nice to me because of how I like, and part of me likes that, but part of me feels guilty because I haven't done anything to deserve it.”
- Ted Chiang.
59. "They walked on rather aimlessly...he hoped she wouldn't notice he was touched, because he wouldn't have known how to explain why. Here lay the great discrepancy between aesthetic truth and sleazy reality."
- Patrick White.
60. "With the plundered people transferring their energies into relaxed and receptive thoughts, degradation and lust for power produced art."
- Peter Weiss.
61. "I think my show was more beautiful. Like, it would have made for prettier pictures on Insta. But now, we're gonna have way better memes."
- Carlos Hernandez.
62. "The great has terror for its basis... the beautiful is founded on mere positive pleasure."
- Edmund Burke.
63. "In simple words, ‘Beauty’ is what gladdens the heart. Neither a symmetrical face nor a shapely body – If the sight of you generates happiness, you’re beautiful."
- Adeel Ahmed Khan.
64. "The more people explore the world, the more they realize in every country there's a different aesthetic. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder."
65. "Color directly influences the soul. Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the hammers, the soul is the piano with many strings. The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another purposively, to cause vibrations in the soul."
- Wassily Kandinsky.
66. "Beauty is the main positive form of the aesthetic assimilation of reality, in which aesthetic ideal finds its direct expression."
67. "I fell in love with R&B music at a young age. The energy and aesthetic of that genre strike an emotional chord with me."
68. "For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through."
- Steve Jobs.
69. "As writers and readers, as sinners and citizens, our realism and our aesthetic sense make us wary of crediting the positive note."
70. "Back then, I was still just a fan of music. And to be a fan of music also meant to be a fan of cities, of places. Regionalism—and the creative scenes therein—played an essential role in the identification and contextualization of a sound or aesthetic."
- Carrie Brownstein.
71. "I love art dealers....I love that they put their money where their taste is, create their aesthetic universes, support artists, employ people, and do all of this while letting us see art for free. Many are visionaries."
- Jerry Saltz.
72. "I don't think it's possible to touch people's imagination today by aesthetic means."
- J. G. Ballard.
74. "My well-known aesthetic sense, which is so obvious and personal, spontaneously spurs me to challenge myself with different disciplines."
- Giorgio Armani.
75. "A rich poet from Harvard has no sense in his mind, except the aesthetic."
- Beatrice Wood.
76. "Art and Religion are, then, two roads by which men escape from circumstance to ecstasy. Between aesthetic and religious rapture there is a family alliance. Art and Religion are means to similar states of mind."
- Clive Bell.
77. "Appreciate the aesthetic and creativity of nature and be grateful for being part of it."
78. "Art is an invention of aesthetics, which in turn is an invention of philosophers...What we call art is a game."
79. "I don't think I have a sense of fashion. But I do have an aesthetic, which I feel is an offshoot of me working in the design industry. For example, if I am mixing and matching prints on my sofas and cushion covers, I tend to do that with my wardrobe as well."
- Twinkle Khanna.
80. "All great art is the work of the whole living creature, body and soul, and chiefly of the soul."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for aesthetic quotes then why not take a look at [corny love quotes], or [beautiful soul quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.