Show your praise for God with this great list of the best quotes about Agape quotes.
Unconditional love is rare, but because of that, it is fulfilling as well. This list of great quotes will not only help you feel unconditional love towards God but also, how unconditional love is inspiring for people all over the world!
Agape comes from the Greek word 'agapē', which refers to the unconditional form of loving. You can call it a way of love. Agape goes beyond emotions to the extent of seeking the best for others. In Christianity, it is considered to be love originating from God or Jesus, meant for humankind. In the New Testament, it refers to God's love for humans, as well as the human equivalent of love for God. 'Agape' also extends to the love of one's fellow man. The concept of Agape has been examined within the Christian context as well as in the context of other religions, ethnicity, and science.
Without further ado, let's go through some great quotes about Agape love.
Best Quotes About Agape Love
There are many famous people who had talked about the concept of unconditional love. While many of these important personalities may have been religious gurus, their description of unconditional love and agape has stood out. Among them, Peter Kreeft, Kevin Hart and even Paolo Coelho seem to bring a new twist to agape and shows the reader how powerful it is. Here are some famous quotes about God's agape love.
1. "When one has once fully entered the realm of love, the world — no matter how imperfect — becomes rich and beautiful, it consists solely of opportunities for love."
― Søren Kierkegaard, 'Works Of Love', 1847.
2. "Shine your soul with the same egoless humility as the rainbow and no matter where you go in this world or the next, love will find you, attend you, and bless you."
― Aberjhani, 'Journey Through The Power Of The Rainbow: Quotations From A Life Made Out Of Poetry', 2014.
3. "Divine love, agape, is self-sacrificing love, which sounds difficult, as it is, and not very attractive. If the best image we have of love is of a man who's been tortured and hung upon a cross ... But it is the highest Christian image of love."
― Kevin Hart, 'The Poetry And Prayers Of Kevin Hart', 2011.
4. "Agape is total love... Whoever knows and experiences agape learns that nothing else in the world is important – just love."
― Paolo Coelho, 'The Pilgrimage', 1987.
5. "The only way love can last a lifetime is if it's unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love."
― Stephen Kendrick, 'The Love Dare', 2008.
6. "Agape love, on the other hand, is unselfish, unconditional, and unstoppable. It is based upon choice and commitment, not feelings. So, unless this kind of love forms the foundation of your marriage, the wear and tear of time could destroy it."
― Alex Kendrick, 'The Love Dare', 2008.
7. "Agape love is selfless love - the love that extends even to those who aren't lovable or even worthy of love."
― Billy Graham, 'The Journey Living by Faith in an Uncertain World', 2006.
Great Agape quotes for those of you don't shy away from showing their love of God!
8. "Agape's object is always the concrete individual, not some abstraction called humanity. Love of humanity does not surprise you with inconvenient demands. You never find humanity on your doorstep, stinking and begging."
― Peter Kreeft, 'Love', 'Fundamentals of the Faith: Essays in Christian Apologetics', 1988.
9. "Agape means recognition of the fact that all life is interrelated."
― Martin Luther King, Jr., 'Stride Toward Freedom: The Montgomery Story', 1958.
10. "What is this love that endures decades, passes on sleep, and resists death to give one kiss? Call it agape love, a love that bears a semblance of God's"
― Max Lucado, NKJV, The Lucado Life Lessons Study Bible, 2010.
11. "Agape, the love of each one of us for the other, from the closest to the furthest, is in fact the only way that Jesus has given us to find the way of salvation and of the Beatitudes."
― Pope Francis, La Repubblica Interview, 1 October 2013.
12. "Agape doesn't love somebody because they're worthy. Agape makes them worthy by the strength and power of its love. Agape doesn't love somebody because they're beautiful. Agape loves in such a way that it makes them beautiful."
― Rob Bell.
13. "Agape is an obedient response of availability to God, not a feeling. But, although it is not a feeling, its ultimate end is a feeling."
― Beth Moore, Things Pondered, 1997.
14. "Agape is loving a person for exactly who they are - not who we hope they'll become with enough fixing. It's this idea that every person has their layers, so you can never confine a person to only what you know about them from the first glance. It's stacked on the premise that to love anyone is to hope in them always."
― Hannah Brencher, 'If You Find This Letter', 2015.
Agape Love Bible Verse Quotes
The Bible has talked about love, peace and mercy and for centuries, people have tried to follow these verses and change their lives and the lives of others as well. The Bible talks about the love of self and of God, including the Son of God, Jesus Christ. Some of the best love quotes and agape love verses from The Bible show the mentions of Agape love in The Bible.
15. "The person who doesn’t love doesn’t know God, because God is love."
― 1 John 4:8.
16. "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."
― John 15:13.
17. "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."
― 1 John 4:10.
18. "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."
― Romans 12:10.
19. "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." ― Romans 5:8.
20. "Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs."
― Proverbs 10:12.
21. "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
― 1 Peter 4:8.
22. "Do everything in love."
― 1 Corinthians 16:14 .
Biblical Valentine's Quotes
Love is universal and The Bible implies that as well, mostly in the form of Love of God, self and Jesus. Some of the best Bible love quotes and Agape love scripture for your self-love and love of Jesus are listed below.
23. "We love because he first loved us."
― 1 John 4:19.
24. "My lover is mine, and I am his."
― Song of Solomon 2:16.
25. "And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony."
― Colossians 3:14.
26. "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
― 1 Corinthians 13:7.
27. "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
― 1 Corinthians 13:13.
28. "And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony."
― Colossians 3:14.
29. "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
― Romans 5:5.
Other Great Sayings About Agape Love
Below are some great sayings about agape by famous people. You can always remember these quotes about love.
30. "We love others best when we love God most. Gods at war."
― Kyle Idleman, 'Gods At War Student Edition: The Battle For Your Heart That Will Define Your Life', 2013.
31. "Just as God, above all, is free of every need and self-interest, the spiritual man who has the Spirit struggles and becomes perfected in the love according to Christ, love that is delivered of all need and self-interest."
― John Romanides.
32. "Just as the sun shines on every soul, let your light of compassion shine on everyone irrespective of who they are and what they believe."
― Michael Bassey Johnson, 'The Infinity Sign', 2015.
33. "You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving."
― Amy Carmichael.
34. "When you know how much God is in love with you then you can only live your life radiating that love."
― Mother Teresa, 'A Simple Path,' 1995.
35. It is a state of mind in which the good of the world is illuminated, it's understood. It is as if one is vouchsafed a vision of some sort, a vision of love, of 'agape', of the essential value of each and every living thing."
― Alexander McCall Smith, 'The Careful Use Of Compliments,' 2007.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Agape Love Quotes, then why not take a look at Alexander Graham Bell quotes, God's love quotes, or Latin quotes about love.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.