Get your popcorn bucket and join us on this hilarious 'Airplane!' ride.
Fasten your seatbelts and if there's turbulence on the ride then don't scream, roar in laughter instead. Get your buddies and join us on this one of a kind 'Airplane!' journey.
The 'Airplane!' movie as we all know, is a 1980s classic spoof comedy in which the passengers and the crew of the flight became incapacitated due to food poisoning on board. Here in comes Ted Stricker, our favorite pilot with a fear of flying, who must deal with his drinking problem, and ex-girlfriend and stewardess of the plane Elaine Dickinson to land the plane!
Some things never get old. Be it reliving memories of watching 'Airplane!' in theatres or watching them time and again with your children and grandchildren. That's the beauty of cinema. It does not only make you recollect but quite often makes you feel nostalgic, for every movie watched is not just limited to the movie but the moment when you watched it, the people with whom you watched it. Every dialogue expands its way out of the movie to the real world, to the dialogues that follow beyond the reel. It's the moments that count and, the laughter shared that is cherished through time. We here, just want to make your job a little easy and help you build on more such beautiful memories with the happiest picture frames.
So, read aloud our favorite collection of funniest movie quotes from 'Airplane!' movie and laugh your heart out at these great Airplane the movie quotes and relive your most loved 'Airplane!' movie scene. Have an uproarious journey, people!
Funny Quotes From 'Airplane!' Conversations
These 'Airplane!' best lines will Shirley make you giggle and roar. So, laugh out loud at your favorite movie quotes, including some great Leslie Nielsen quotes from the movie, and have a great time. Over and out!
1. "Rumack: I won’t deceive you, Mr. Striker. We’re running out of time.
Ted Striker: Surely there must be something you can do.
Rumack: I’m doing everything I can… and stop calling me Shirley!"
2. "Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Dr. Rumack: I am serious...and don't call me Shirley."
3. "Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What’s our vector, Victor?
Tower: Tower’s radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That’s Clarence Oveur. Over."
Crazy 'Airplane!' Dialogues
If you've been looking forward to the most humorous and adventurous airplane ride then we have the most hilarious 'Airplane!' along with the funniest runway figured right out for you. So, let's fly this plane and land on the craziest and the most rib tickling 'Airplane!' movie quotes. Have a great flight, folks!
4. "Ted Striker: These people need to go to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: What is it?
Ted Striker: It's a big place where sick people go."
5. "Handing Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Handing Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times."
6. "Elaine Dickinson: There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"
7. "ATC guy: Captain, maybe we outta turn on the search lights now.
Rex: No. That’s just what they’ll be expecting us to do."
8. "Rumack: What was it we had for dinner tonight?
Elaine Dickinson: Well, we had a choice of steak or fish.
Rumack: Yes, yes, I remember, I had lasagna."
9. "Captain Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?
Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?"
Hilarious 'Airplane!' Quotes
The following 'Airplane!' one liners are the best 'Airplane!' lines that you can laugh about. These funny 'Airplane!' quotes will surely tickle your funny bone and our flying high quotes will make you burst out in hoots of laughter.
10. "I'll give him 20 more minutes. But that's it."
- Man in Taxi, after closing credits.
11. "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your stewardess speaking… We regret any inconvenience the sudden cabin movement might have caused. This is due to periodic air pockets we encountered. There’s no reason to be alarmed, and we hope you enjoy the rest of your flight."
- Elaine Dickinson.
12. "Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."
- Rex Kramer.
13. "Looks like the foot is on the other hand now, Mr. Kramer!"
- Ted Striker.
14. "Ok give me Hamm on 5 and hold the Mayo."
- Capt. Oveur.
15. "Does anyone here speak Jive?"
- Elaine Dickinson.
16. "Shanna, they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say let 'em crash."
- Jack Kirkpatrick.
17. "I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.
- Ted Striker.
18. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.
- Steve McCroskey.
Best Ted And Elaine Moments
The entire 'Airplane!' journey is incomplete without Ted and Elaine and their hilarious conversations. The movie and its humor wouldn't have flown so high had it not been for them. So, enjoy recalling your favorite scenes as you read aloud the best of the lot.
19. "Elaine Dickinson: You got a letter from headquarters this morning.
Ted Striker: What is it?
Elaine Dickinson: It’s a big building where generals meet, but that’s not important."
20. "Elaine Dickinson: Ted, the altitude! We’re falling, Ted! We’re falling! The mountains Ted, The mountains!
Ted Striker: What mountains? We’re over Iowa!
Elaine Dickinson: The… The cornfields, Ted, The cornfields!"
21. "Ted Striker: My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.
Elaine Dickinson: When will you be back?
Ted Striker: I can’t tell you that. It’s classified."
Quotes From Times When Johnny Stole Our Hearts
Can we ever forget the times when little Johnny stole our hearts? I don't think so. Share a peal of laughter with your little ones as you read aloud our favorite punchlines from Johnny. Have a good laugh with any one of these quotes.
22. "Steve McCroskey: Get me someone who won't crack under pressure.
Johnny: How about Mister Rogers?"
23."Ted Striker: Mayday! Mayday!
Steve McCroskey: What the heck is that?
Johnny: Why, that’s the Russian New Year. We can have a parade and serve hot hors d’oeuvres."
24."Rex Kramer (while reading newspaper): Passengers certain to die!
Steve McCroskey (while reading newspaper): Airline negligent.
Johnny (while reading newspaper): There’s a sale at Penney’s!"
25. "Johnny: The tower, the tower, Rapunzel."
26. "Steve McCroskey: How 'bout some coffee, Johnny?
Johnny: No thanks!"
27. "McCroskey: Johnny, what can you make of this? (gives him a map)
Johnny: This? Well, I can make a hat; I can make a brooch; I can make a pterodactyl!"
28. "Reporter: What kind of plane is it?
Johnny: Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with a red stripes, curtains at the windows, wheels, and it just looks like a big Tylenol."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Airplane! movie quotes then why not take a look at letter board quotes, Air Force quotes, or '90s movies quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.