Disney's 'Aladdin' franchise comprises the animated film series, live-action films, television series, and video games, with the first being the 1992 animated musical fantasy film of the same name.
Directed by John Musker and Ron Clements, 'Aladdin' is based on an Arabic folk tale from the 'One Thousand And One Nights'. The film centers around a street urchin Aladdin who finds a magic lamp with a Genie and tries to impress Princess Jasmine under the guise of a prince.
The Genie is basically a djinn, or a spirit according to the Islamic Arabian mythology. However, in the film, the djinn doesn't have a name and is known by 'Genie' throughout. There is also no mention of the Genie's age except that he has been trapped in the lamp for ten thousand years in the Cave of Wonders! The Genie from 'Aladdin' is a massive, blue shapeshifter, has "phenomenal cosmic powers", and can dole out wishes to the ones who rub the lamp. Hence, on finding the lamp in the Cave of Wonders, Aladdin makes three wishes. His first wish was to be made into a prince, the second was to be saved from drowning, and his final wish was to free the Genie from the shackles of the lamp's magical powers.
American actor and comedian Robin Williams' legacy lives on as the quirky and incomparable voice of the Genie in 'Aladdin.' Be it a Genie monologue or a funny Aladdin quotes, Williams' phenomenal talent of voice modulation is what made 'Aladdin' occupy a special place in the audience's heart. Yes, the film was made for children, but watching 'Aladdin' as an adult makes you appreciate the deep and meaningful 'Aladdin' movie quotes. You might have read a number of Robin Williams quotes on the internet, but Genie's quotes in the voice of Robin Williams gives a different nostalgic feel altogether. We have compiled some of the Genie's best 'Aladdin' quotes here that will take you all back to the legendary Arabian land of Agrabah!
Funny Genie Quotes From Aladdin
You'll hardly find a person out there who has watched one of the Disney movies and not liked it! Likewise, 'Aladdin' is a classic favorite comedy animation film loved by the young and the old alike. Here are all the funny quotes from the 'Aladdin' Genie that will surely make you want to go back and watch it all over again!
1. "You know Al, I'm getting really—I don't think you're him. Tonight, the role of Al will be played by a tall, dark and sinister ugly man."
-'Aladdin', (1992); Genie's reaction on seeing Jafar for the first time.
2. "Fine, I understand. After all, you've lied to everyone else, I was beginning to feel left out."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); Genie after Aladdin says he can't free him.
3. "Never fails! You get in the bathtub, and there's a rub at the lamp."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); When Genie is summoned as Aladdin drowns.
4. "Oh, they trampled the carpet! That's a little redundant. So this isn't a bad day for you really, is it?"
- 'Aladdin And The King Of Thieves,' (1996); Genie, after elephants, run over the Magic Carpet.
5. "Genie: If you're Al's dad, and the King of Thieves, I just wanna know one thing.
Genie: Will you be having the chicken or the sea bass?"
- 'Aladdin And The King Of Thieves,' (1996); outside the Palace of Agrabah.
6. "Oh, no. The crowd is parting. Who's coming? It's Moses."
- 'Aladdin And The King Of Thieves,' (1996).
7. "Once again, this whole broadcast has been brought to you by Sand. It's everywhere, get used to it."
- 'Aladdin And The King Of Thieves,' (1996); at the Wedding Pavilion.
8. "Say, you're a lot smaller than my last master. Either that, or I'm getting bigger. Look at me from the side. Do I look different to you?"
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when Genie is first released from the magic lamp.
9. "Genie: So, move.
[Carpet makes a move]
Genie: Hey! That's a good move.
Genie: I can't believe it. I'm losing to a rug."
-'Aladdin', (1992); Genie and Carpet while playing chess.
10. "Genie: [as a group of cheerleaders] Rick 'em, rack 'em, rock 'em, rake! Stick that sword into that snake!
Jafar: [as a snake] You stay out of thisss!
Genie: Jafar, Jafar, he's our man. If he can't do it, GREAT!"
- 'Aladdin', (1992); during the final battle with Jafar.
11. "Genie: Don't you scare me like that!
Aladdin: Genie, I, uh. I … Thanks, Genie.
Genie: Aw Al, I'm getting kinda fond of you, kid. Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); After Genie saves Al from drowning.
12. "Yo, Rug man! Haven't seen you in a few millennia. Give me some tassel."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); Genie on getting released from the magic lamp and meeting the Magic Carpet.
13. "Oi! 10,000 years will give you such a crick in the neck."
- Aladdin, Genie on getting released from the magic lamp by Aladdin.
14. "That fez and vest combo is much too third century."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); When Aladdin makes his first wish to be Prince.
15. "Do not attempt to move or we'll be shooting ourselves."
-'Aladdin And The King Of Thieves,' (1996); Genie when multiple Genies point their guns at Cassim.
16. "Aladdin: Genie, I need my father's clothes.
Genie: A A Al, what did you wrap the turban too tight? Come on, why would you want to dress in the 'King of Thieves' ensemble? Might I suggest something that doesn't actually say "Arrest me!"?"
- 'Aladdin And The King Of Thieves,' (1996); at Aladdin's Hovel.
Genie's Famous Aladdin Quotes About Love And Friendship
For all of us who have watched 'Aladdin', we know how throughout the entire film the heartwarming friendship between Aladdin and the Genie is portrayed in a beautiful way. And of course, there is Aladdin and princess Jasmine's fairytale romance. So, here are some 'Aladdin' love quotes and quotes on friendship by none other than the Genie!
17. "Al, you're not gonna find another girl like her in a million years. Believe me, I've looked."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when Aladdin and Jasmine were kept apart because of the marriage law.
18. "Aladdin: Uh, Princess Jasmine, you're very …
Genie: "Wonderful, magnificent, glorious, punctual!"
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when Genie try to help Aladdin pick a specific compliment.
19. "A woman appreciates a man who can make her laugh."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); When Al thinks that Jasmine will laugh if he tells the truth.
20. "Aladdin: Genie, I need help!
Genie: All right, Sparky, here's the deal. If you wanna court the little lady, you gotta be a straight shooter. Do ya got it?
Genie: [pointing to each word on a blackboard] Tell-her-the-*truth*!"
- 'Aladdin', (1992); When Al was trying to understand how to impress Jasmine.
21. "Talk about her. She's smart, fun. The hair, the eyes, anything. Pick a feature."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); When Al tries to woo Jasmine as Prince Ali.
22. "Oh! All of ya! Come over here, big group hug! Group hug! Do you mind if I kiss the monkey? Ooh, hairball!"
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when Genie gets his freedom.
23. "You ain't never had a friend like me."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); Song by Genie; Writers: Alan Menken and Howard Ashman.
24. "Hey, it's only an eternity of servitude. This is love."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when Genie wanted Al to wish to be prince as the third wish.
25. "Genie: I'm free! I'm free at last! I'm hitting the road, I'm off to see the world! I'm—
Aladdin: Genie, I'm gonna … I'm gonna miss you.
Genie: Me too, Al. No matter what anyone says, you'll always be a prince to me."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); Genie after being free.
Best Genie Quotes And Lines From Aladdin
We will sign off with some of the best quotes and lines from the 'Aladdin' Genie that will stay with you for long after you have finished reading this article.
26. "OK, fine. But remember, bee yourself."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); Genie trying to help Al woo Jasmine.
27. "Aladdin: What would you wish for?
Genie: Me? No one's ever asked me that before. Well, in my case... Ah, forget it.
Genie: No, I can't tell you.
Aladdin: C'mon, tell me.
- 'Aladdin', (1992); on Genie's wish.
28. "Aladdin: Wish fulfillment?
Genie: Three wishes, to be exact. And ixnay on the wishing for more wishes. That's it. Three. Uno, dos, tres. No substitutions, exchanges or refunds."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); Genie explaining his wish-fulfilling power.
29. "Are you looking at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so. Not right now! YOU'RE GETTIN' YOUR WISHES, SO *SIDDOWN!*"
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when the Genie wants to prove his powers.
30. "Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don't stand until the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you. Goodbye now. Goodbye. Goodbye. Thank you. Goodbye."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when the Genie helps him escape the Cave of Wonders.
31. "Aladdin: You're a prisoner?
Genie: It's all part and parcel, the whole genie gig: phenomenal cosmic powers, itty-bitty living space."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); explaining how Genie works.
32. "I'm history, no, I'm mythology, no, I don't care what I am—I'm free!"
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when Genie is finally free.
33. "I'm free. I'm free! Quick, wish for something outrageous, say, 'I want the Nile.' Wish for the Nile, try that."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when Genie's free.
34. "But oh, to be free. Not have to go poof! What do you need? Poof! What do you need? Poof! What do you need? But to be my own master, such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); Genie on Freedom.
35. "Master, I don't think you quite realize what you got here. So, why don't you just ruminate while I illuminate the possibilities."
- 'Aladdin', (1992); when Genie tries to explain Al about his three wishes.
36. "I know your dad made a lot of bad choices - but that doesn't mean you have to."
- 'Aladdin And The King Of Thieves,' (1996); Genie to Aladdin while talking about the latter's father.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Aladdin genie quotes then why not take a look at Little Mermaid Quotes, or Snow White Quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.