'Anastasia' is an animated musical drama movie with a star-studded cast.
The Romanov family reigned over Russia for three centuries until 1917 when Czar Nicholas II and his entire family were killed in the Bolshevik revolution. This historical event inspired the plot of the movie.
Anastasia's main plot revolves around an orphan named Anya (Anastasia) who gets roped into a plan by two con men who wish to earn a reward by depicting her as the royal princess in front of the Dowager Empress. The movie is based on the Romanov family's massacre which is often termed as the lynchpin of the Russian Revolution, a social and political revolution that led to the formation of the USSR at the end of the civil conflict. Although the film was devised by 20th Century Fox, due to the merger between Disney and Fox, the 1997's animated movie Anastasia is now officially owned by Disney. Therefore, it can be streamed on all the same avenues as the other Disney princess movies. The stellar cast includes Meg Ryan who voices Anastasia, John Cusack who voices Dimitri, Christopher Lloyd who voices Rasputin, Angela Lansbury who voices Dowager Empress Marie, Hank Azaria who voices Bartok, and Kelsey Grammer who voices Vladimir.
Even though Anastasia does fulfill a majority of the requirements of being a Disney princess (such as having various musical numbers, the required story arch, etc.), she still isn't called a Disney princess mainly because she hasn't been chosen as one. If you're looking for some funny Anastasia quotes, Bartok quotes, the 'Dowager Empress Marie' quotes, or even some inspirational quotes from Anastasia, then you're in luck! We have the best Anastasia movie quotes lined up for you!
If you're looking for more fantastic quotes from animated movies and TV shows, you should check out ['Little Mermaid' Quotes] and ['Beauty and the Beast' Quotes].
Best Quotes From The Movie 'Anastasia'
Here's a list of the best quotes from 'Anastasia' which will surely make you want to watch the film with your family.
1. "Rasputin: Long Live the Romanovs!
Anastasia: All right. I couldn't have said it better myself!"
2. "Anastasia: You think you're gonna miss it?
Dimitri: Miss what? Your talking?
Anastasia: No! Russia."
3. "Dowager Empress Marie: Young man, where did you get that music box? You were the young boy, weren't you? The servant boy who got us out? You saved her life and mine and you restored her to me. Yet you want no reward.
Dimitri: Not anymore.
Dowager Empress Marie: Why the change of mind?
Dimitri: It was more a change of heart."
4. "Sophie: They've eloped! Isn't it romantic? It's a perfect ending.
Dowager Empress Marie: No, it's a perfect beginning."
5. "Rasputin: See that you remember, you incompetent Rodent!
Bartok: Oh sure blame the bat, what the heck, we're easy targets."
6. "Dowager Empress Marie: You'll stop at nothing, will you?
Dimitri: I'm probably about as stubborn as you are."
7. "Anastasia: I'm not afraid of you.
Rasputin: I can fix that. Care for a little swim under the ice?"
8. "There was a time, not very long ago, where we lived in an enchanted world of elegant palaces and grand parties. The year was 1916, and my son, Nicholas, was the Czar of Imperial Russia..."
- Dowager Empress Marie.
Fabulous Anastasia Romanov Quotes
Here's a list of fabulous Anastasia Romanov quotes that will sweep you off your feet!
9. "Anastasia: Dimitri, do you think I'm royalty?
Dimitri: You know I do.
Anastasia: Then stop bossing me around!"
10. "Men are such babies."
11. "I guess every lonely girl would hope she's a princess."
12. "Anastasia: Oh no, not me. No, no! Nobody ever told me I had to prove I was the Grand Duchess!
Dimitri: Look, I--
Anastasia: Show up, yes. Look nice, fine. But lie?"
13. "Anastasia: I never cared for Stroganoff.
Vladimir: She said that like a Romanov."
14. "Dowager Empress Marie: Oh look! The drawing you gave me! Remember?
Anastasia: Oh yeah... Olga made me so mad; she said it looked like a pig riding a donkey. [laughs]
Anastasia: She was right."
15. "Dear Grandmama, wish me luck. We'll be together in Paris again soon."
16. 'Dimitri: Here, I brought you a dress.
Anastasia: You brought me a... tent"
Memorable Rasputin Quotes
These memorable Rasputin quotes might just end up making your day (or even your week!)
17. "Rasputin: I will kill her. Crush her at the height of her glory.
Bartok: And we're back to the crushing. Sir, I'm begging you, please, please forget the girl and get a life!
Rasputin: Oh, I'll get a life, Bartok. Hers!"
18. "Rasputin: Bartok, get me a comb, find some cologne. I want to look my best!
Bartok: That might take some work, sir."
19. "I am calm. I am heartless. I have no fear whatsoever."
20. "Bartok: Master! You're alive?
Rasputin: In a matter of speaking!"
21. "Bartok: Right. Kill...kill her? Sir, what happened to the party idea?
Rasputin: That's where we'll kill her."
Cool Dimitri Quotes
Here's a list of uber-cool Dimitri quotes for you to read on a chill evening.
22. "Dimitri: I was the boy in the palace - the one who opened the wall. She's the real thing, Vlad.
Vladimir: Then that means our Anya has found her family. We have found the heir to the Russian throne. And you...
Dimitri: Will walk out of her life forever.
Dimitri: Princesses don't marry kitchen boys."
23. "I hate trains! Remind me *never* get on the train again."
24. "Dimitri: I accept your gratitude, your highness, but I-- I don't want your money.
Dowager Empress Marie: What do you want then?
Dimitri: Unfortunately, nothing you can give."
25. "Vladimir: Oh! An unspoken attraction!
Dimitri: *Attraction*? To that skinny little brat? Have you lost your mind?
Vladimir: I was only asking a simple question...
26. "Rasputin: No one can save you now.
Dimitri: Wanna bet?"
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 25+ Best Anastasia Quotes then why not take a look at ['The Lion King' quotes], or ['Aladdin' quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.