As they say in 'Anger Management', "Temper's the one thing you can't get rid of, by losing it", so here are some quotes to help control your anger.
If you seem angry often, and your anger seems to be out of control and impacting your loved ones, you might be having anger issues. There are three types of anger: aggressive, passive and assertive and the best way around it is to take a stroll when you're angry.
If you're wondering what anger is like, "anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." In this list you will find pearls of wisdom like, "Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" and, "Anger is one letter away from danger." Anger Management is not only good for you but also has a positive impact on those closest to you. Anger is an emotion but it is a destructive emotion, like holding on to a lump of hot coal, and only a fool would keep holding it.
If you're a fan of these anger management quotes and would like something similar, head over to our [count your blessings quotes] and keep calm quotes.
The best way to contain rage is to motivate your thoughts. Here are some proverbs and sayings to direct your intents, comments, and responses at problematic times.
1. "Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were."
- Chérie Carter-Scott.
2. "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
- Yoda, 'The Phantom Menace'.
3. "Do not let your anger lead to hatred, as you will hurt yourself more than you would the other."
- Stephen Richards.
4. "'I lose my temper, but it's all over in a minute,' said the student. 'So is the hydrogen bomb,' I replied. 'But think of the damage it produces!'"
- George Sweeting.
5. "There's nothing wrong with anger provided you use it constructively."
- Wayne Dyer.
6. "The best fighter is never angry."
- Lao Tzu.
7. "When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred."
- Thomas Jefferson.
8. "Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it... Don't allow his anger to become your anger."
- Bohdi Sanders.
9. "Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong."
- Baltasar Gracian.
10. "If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow."
- Chinese Proverb.
11. "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
12. "Anger is stupid, and stupidity will kill you more surely than your opponent's blade."
- Patricia Briggs.
13. "Don't waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy."
- Roy T. Bennett.
14. "It is wise to direct your anger towards problems - not people; to focus your energies on answers - not excuses."
- William Arthur Ward.
If you are facing problems controlling your anger and are searching Google for solutions then these wise anger quotes will help you.
15. "You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger."
16. "Anger always comes from frustrated expectations."
- Elliott Larson.
17. "Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be."
- Thomas Kempis.
18. "The fiercest anger of all, the most incurable, is that which rages in the place of dearest love."
19. "There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot."
20. "Don't waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy."
- Roy T. Bennett.
21. "It is wise to direct your anger towards problems - not people; to focus your energies on answers -- not excuses."
- William Arthur Ward.
22. "Speak when you are angry and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret."
– Ambrose Bierce.
23. "Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, 'What else could this mean?'"
- Shannon L. Alder.
24. "Anger blows out the lamp of the mind."
- Robert G. Ingersoll.
25. "Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
- Maya Angelou.
26. "For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
27. "Angry people are not always wise."
- Jane Austen.
28. "Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love."
- George Eliot.
29. "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
- Mark Twain.
30. "A man is about as big as the things that make him angry."
- Winston Churchill.
31. "The greatest remedy for anger is delay."
- Thomas Paine.
32. "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."
- Benjamin Franklin.
33. "Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."
34. "Anger is a bad counselor."
- French Proverb.
35. "When you want to become free, your righteousness and anger are much less interesting than they used to be."
- Ram Dass.
36. "People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining."
- Stephen Hawking.
These calming anger quotes will manage both kids' and adults' tempers alike. You won't need huge amounts of caffeine to deal with the rage when you have these quotes instead.
37. "Calm is the best revenge."
- Bangambiki Habyarimana.
38. "Anger is a boomerang."
- Karen Salmansohn.
39. "Anger makes us feel so isolated."
- Fred Rogers.
40. "Don't hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love."
- Leo Buscaglia.
41. "Free your hearts of anxiety, pain and anger, to have peace within your heart and soul."
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
42. "The smarter you get, the more you realize anger is not worth it."
- Maxime Lagacé.
43. "Patience and empathy are anger's mortal enemies."
- Gary Rudz.
44. "Getting angry in a stressful situation is like trying to clean something with dirt."
- Urbanky Aurel Petru.
45. "Not being outraged by anything is a superpower."
- James Pierce.
46. "You are not the anger, you are the awareness behind the anger. Realize this and the anger will no longer control you."
- Eckhart Tolle.
47. "You can't selectively numb your anger, any more than you can turn off all lights in a room, and still expect to see the light."
- Shannon L. Alder.
48. "If you hate a person, then you're defeated by them."
49. "It is not the actions of others which trouble us, but rather it is our own judgments. Therefore remove those judgments and resolve to let go of your anger, and it will already be gone."
– Marcus Aurelius.
50. "If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it's ok, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don't let anything disturb your peace, and carry on."
- Germany Kent.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Anger Management quotes then why not take a look at calm quotes, or relax quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.