Apples are crunchy fruits that provide humans with a lot of nutrients.
Some of the nutrients provided to us by apples are Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Potassium. The skin of the apple is also a great source of fiber.
Growing up, we've all heard the famous proverb, 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. The proverb actually started in Wales, where it originally went like, "Eat an apple before going to bed, and you’ll keep the doctor from earning his bread". Communities all across the world have known about the benefits of eating apples, from the Ancient Romans, the Anglo Saxons, and various groups in Southern Asia who practiced Ayurveda. Since apples don't have a lot of calories, and they hold high quantities of water and fiber, they're good options for those who are considering going on a diet. They make optimal snacks, and can also be a part of fruit bowls and salads. It's always a good choice to have a variety of fruits in your diet, as that positively affects your digestion and your metabolism rate. Here's a list of apple quotations for your amusement!
If you would like to read more quotes related to the culinary world, you can check out our [fruit basket quotes] and [cooking quotes] for more.
Famous Apple Quotes
Here's a list of apple quotes that are popular among fruit enthusiasts. We hope you enjoy this list of famous apple quotes.
1. "Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious."
- Bill Meyer.
2. "It is remarkable how closely the history of the apple tree is connected with that of man."
- Henry David Thoreau.
3. "The fruit is what matters, not how gnarly or beautiful the apple tree is."
- Aiden Wilson Tozer.
4. "Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first of September was crisp as an apple, and as the little family bobbed across the rumbling road towards the great sooty station, the fumes of the car exhausts and the breath of pedestrians sparkled like cobwebs in the cold air."
- J.K. Rowling.
5. "An apple tree is just like a person. In order to thrive, it needs companionship that's similar to it in some ways, but quite different than others."
- Jeffrey Stepakoff.
6. "The world would be a different place if Adam was allergic to apples."
- Marin Darmonkow.
7. "We are born believing. A man bears beliefs as a tree bears apples."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
8. "Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why?"
- Bernard Baruch.
9. "Get rid of the idea that everyone has to like you! Even if you were the most delicious apple on earth, get real, some people prefer bananas!"
- Richard Spinos.
10. "Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in a seed."
- Robert H. Schuller.
11. "Don't swear off all the fruits just because you ate one bad apple."
- Tiffanie DeBartolo.
12. "If I were God, it'd be a whole different story, dropping fruit at will. Let them eat apples."
- Trebor Healey.
13. "Everybody's twelve years old in an apple orchard."
- Rachel Ray.
14. "The moral of snow white is never eat apples."
- Lemony Snicket.
15. "As time goes on we get closer to that American Dream of there being a pie cut up and shared. Usually greed and selfishness prevent that and there is always one bad apple in every barrel."
- Rick Dano.
Best Quotes About Apples
This list is perfect for those looking for snow white apple quotes. This curated list includes the best apple quotes out of the bunch!
16. "Comfort me with apples, for I am sick of love."
17. "Ten apples doth not make an orchard."
- Anthony T. Hincks.
18. "A bruised apple is not all bad. It still has tremendous potential."
- Seth Adam Smith.
19. "Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."
- Martin Luther.
20. "When bobbing for apples, an idealist endlessly reaches for the best apple, a pessimist settles for the first one within reach, while an optimist drains the barrel, fishes out all the apples and makes pie."
- Vera Nazarian.
21. "Good apple pies are a considerable part of our domestic happiness."
- Jane Austen.
22. "There's bad apples in every type of job, whether it's sports or normal day-to-day jobs."
- Chris Weidman.
23. "Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating an apple was justified?"
- Chuck Palahniuk.
24. "Oh! happy are the apples when the south winds blow."
- William Wallace Harney.
25. "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
- Carl Sagan.
26. "It's unsettling to meet people who don't eat apples."
- Aimee Bender.
27. "He pares his apples that will cleanly feed."
- George Herbert.
28. "Spare the rod and spoil the child - that is true. But, beside the rod, keep an apple to give him when he has done well."
- Martin Luther.
29. "If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are worm-eaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan."
- Frederick Douglass.
30. "And when you crush an apple with your teeth, say it in your heart:
Your seeds shall live in my body,
And the buds of your tomorrow shall blossom in my heart,
And your fragrance shall be my breath,
And together we shall rejoice through all the seasons."
- Khalil Gibran.
Quotes About Apple Picking
Here's a list of apple picking quotes hand-picked just for you! The best time to go apple picking is during the fall season when the apples are ripe and ready to be plucked. Apples start growing during the summer and reach their prime by fall. If you have an apple orchard in your town or know one that is not too far away, then you shouldn't miss the opportunity and go apple picking!
31. "Orchards are a beautiful place and it's a wonderful experience to do with your children so they see where apples come from. Nothing beats the sensation of picking the first apple of the season."
- Charles Pratt.
32. "Give me juicy autumnal fruit, ripe and red from the orchard."
- Walt Whitman.
33. "The goldenrod is yellow, The corn is turning brown, The trees in apple orchards With fruit are bending down."
- Helen Hunt Jackson.
34. "On the trees are only a few gnarled apples that the pickers have rejected. They look like the knuckles of Doctor Reefy's hands. One nibbles at them and they are delicious. Into a little round place at the side of the apple has been gathered all of its sweetness. "
- Sherwood Anderson.
35. "My grandparents owned an apple orchard when I was growing up - a lot of apples, cherries...now, actually, a lot of grapes, too, to be honest."
- Joe Harris.
36. "Sometimes you've got to grab an apple - or grapes, or strawberries. Something that's healthy but maybe a little bit more adventurous, if you can see fruit as adventurous."
- LL Cool J.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Apple Quotes then why not take a look at our [wild quotes], or [wildlife quotes]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.