The elements of archery consist of precision, patience, and self-reliance.
Spanning across cultures ranging from the legends of Cupid and Odysseus, to the contemporary vigilante like Robin Hood, and Katniss Everdeen; arrows were shot to combat evils from the world. But the archer is also an instrumental part of archery, as Sebastien de Castell notes, "The archer is the true weapon; the bow is just a long piece of wood."
Archery is now practiced as a sport and has gained worldwide recognition and can be enjoyed with family and friends. Archery symbolizes the act of valor, and archers are seen as heroes, leaders, and legends. We all know the mythical story of Cupid, and how with a single strike of his arrow one can fall in love. The revolutionary character Katniss Everdeen from 'Hunger Games' is pictured as a Mockingjay with a bow and arrow. Similarly, history tells us a tale of a man (Robin Hood) with arrows, he is a vigilante who fought against the social and political adversities. Let's take a look at this curated list of arrow quotes.
If you would like to read more quotes like arrow quotes, take a look at [archery quotes] and [robin hood quotes].
Motivation Quotes From Books And Movies Involving Archery
Take a look at these quotes from books and movies involving archery, specially curated for you to enjoy.
1. "No one will forget me. Not my look, not my name, Katniss. The girl who was on fire."
- Suzanne Collins, 'The Hunger Games', 2008.
2. "My arms raise slightly-as if recalling the black-and-white wings Cinna gave me-then come to rest at my sides. I'm going to be the Mockingjay."
- Suzanne Collins, 'Mockingjay', 2010.
3. "We had to save you because you're the Mockingjay...While you live, the revolution lives."
- Suzanne Collins, 'Catching Fire', 2009.
4. "It means thanks, it means admiration, it means good-bye to someone you love."
― Suzanne Collins, 'The Hunger Games', 2008.
5. "I don’t know what the explosion did, but it damaged something deep and irreparable. Never mind. If I get home, I’ll be so stinking rich, I’ll be able to pay someone to do my hearing."
― Suzanne Collins, 'The Hunger Games', 2008.
6. "My father got to know my mother because on his hunts he would sometimes collect medicinal herbs and sell them to her shop to be brewed into remedies. She must have really loved him to leave her home for the Seam."
― Suzanne Collins, 'The Hunger Games', 2008.
7. "Ah, but remember faint hearts never won fair lady."
― Robin Hood.
8. "Golden arrow? And what would we do with a golden arrow? Give it to Alan for a lute string? I could hang it around my neck on a chain, perhaps, and let it stab me in the ribs when I tried to sit."
― Robin McKinley, 'The Outlaws Of Sherwood'.
9. "Many people are trying hard to be invincible, and most of the time they fail invisible, while few find their spotlight. But the remarkable person is one, who can be both invincible and invisible at the same time."
― Anthony Liccione.
10. "'Kurtis came to see me earlier,' Magnus said before Cleo could reply. 'Do you know why?'
'To tell you I've quit archery?'
'No, but it's adorable that you think I'd care about something so trivial.'"
― Morgan Rhodes, 'Frozen Tides'.
Arrow Quotes For Beginner Archers
Here's a select list of arrow quotes for all you budding archers out there.
11. "If you would hit the mark at long range, you must aim a little above it. Every arrow that flies feels the pull of the earth."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
12. "In archery, we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself."
13. "There is no excellence in archery without great labor."
14. "The man, the art, the work–it is all one."
15. "You worry yourself unnecessarily. Put the thought of hitting right out of your mind!"
16. "Archery evolved into a competitive sport not only in Europe but also in Asia and the United States."
17. "In Elizabeth's reign archery was warmly recommended as a healthy pastime."
18. "There are two types of archeries the Target Archery and the Field Archery."
19. "Archery is like a journey, it begins with a love for shooting a bow and a passion for watching our arrows fly."
20. "Archery is something that I took up later and didn’t know I had a natural aptitude for."
21. “'Keep practicing,' he told her.
'Until I get it right?' she said. But he corrected her.
'No. Until you don't get it wrong.'"
― John Flanagan.
22. "The shot will only go smoothly when it takes the archer himself by surprise."
― Eugen Herrigel.
23. "Underneath this little stone
Lies Robert Earl of Huntingdon;
No other archer was so good -
And people called him Robin Hood."
― Roger Lancelyn Green
24. "To attain your vow, you should retain the aim of your arrow in the bow."
― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar.
25. "Life continuously shoots arrows at you; to survive, be flexible, and be on the move because rigid and fixed targets are the easiest targets!"
― Mehmet Murat İldan.
Archer Quotes To Share With Friends
Shoot the words of encouragement and harness the hero within your heart by browsing these quotes about arrows and heroes. You will also find a few follow your arrow quotes, quotes about archery, and bow and arrow quotes.
26. "It concerns us to know the purposes we seek in life, for then, like archers aiming at a definite mark, we shall be more likely to attain what we want."
27. "A good archer is known not by his arrows but by his aim."
- Thomas Fuller.
28. "I am a very good archer. I use archery as my way of meditation. I have my arrow and I use this tension and relaxation in the second after throwing the arrow."
- Paulo Coelho.
29. "The way to write is to throw your body at the mark when all your arrows are spent."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
30. "But arrows are winged creatures."
― Meagan Spooner.
31. "Truth is as straight as an arrow, while a lie swivels all over the place."
― Suzy Kassem.
32. "So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of men."
– Maurice Thompson.
33. "Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow."
– Fred Bear.
34. "Fundamentally the marksman aims at himself."
– D.T. Suzuki.
35. "The main thing about archery is a battle with yourself. You can ruin it all."
36. "The Superior Man has nothing to compete for. But if he must compete, he does it in an archery match, wherein he ascends to his position, bowing in deference."
37. "Flower of this purple dye, Hit with Cupid's archery, Sink in apple of his eyes."
38. "If the thrill of hunting were in the hunt, or even in the marksmanship, a camera would do just as well."
-Jonathan Safran Foer.
39. "My dad keeps referring to me playing the piano when he's trying to teach me something in archery."
Arrow Quotes That Hit The Mark
Here's a list of some arrow quotes that are bound to motivate you.
40. "Our mental discipline is matched only by our skill in archery… I only hope these are enough to withstand this awful trial."
41. "It’s basic research: shoot an arrow in the air. Where it lands, paint a bullseye."
42. "My archery is all unlearn'd
And grief against myself has turn'd
My arrows and my bow!"
43. "He's well-known for his archery skills and shows it off with his trusty weapon of choice: the Palutena Bow."
44. "Forget the last arrow, only the next one counts."
- Eda Payne.
45. "Archery is like a journey, it begins with a love for shooting a bow and a passion for watching our arrows fly."
46. "The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true."
― Leigh Bardugo.
47. "Vengeance is an arrow that in falling oft pierces him who shot it."
― H. Rider Haggard.
48. "She was like a bird for speed, an arrow for directness."
― Virginia Woolf.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for arrow quotes, then why not take a look at Treebeard quotes, or Tyrion Lannister quotes!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.