Asking for help can actually take a lot of strength to do.
Because it usually means you have to be vulnerable in front of another person. It means you'd have to admit that you don't know the answer to every question.
When asking for help from a person, the most important thing to remember is to be polite. Say, please, and using phrases such as, 'would you please' or 'could you please'. Always remember to not be too direct or you may sound rude. When writing a message asking for help, start with a polite courtesy, then go on to tell them how much you appreciate their help in the past. Explaining your problems further, ask for their help with phrases such as, 'it'd be great if you could help'. As hard as asking people for help may seem, it can be liberating, too. On that note, here are a few asking for help quotes that'll give you the push you need to ask for that help or maybe go help a person yourself.
The Best Help Quotes
Helping others, helping oneself, being kind to people, and helping in any way is just like doing God's work. So, here are a few help quotes along with asking for advice quotes. Asking for help is a sign of strength as it shows an awareness of your needs.
1. "Say and do something positive that will help the situation; it doesn't take any brains to complain."
- Robert A. Cook.
2. "I'd always end up broken down on the highway. When I stood there trying to flag someone down, nobody stopped. But when I pushed my own car, other drivers would get out and push with me. If you want help, help yourself—people like to see that."
- Chris Rock.
3. "When a person's down in the world, I think an ounce of help is better than a pound of preaching."
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
4. "The best advice I can give to anyone going through a rough patch is to never be afraid to ask for help."
- Demi Lovato.
5. "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help other people get what they want."
- Zig Ziglar.
6. "Nothing makes one feel so strong as a call for help."
- Pope Paul VI.
7. "As to diseases, make a habit of two things - to help, or at least, to do no harm."
8. "Until we can receive with an open heart, we're never really giving with an open heart. When we attach judgment to receiving help, we knowingly or unknowingly attach judgment to giving help."
- Brené Brown.
9. "I believe the world is one big family, and we need to help each other."
- Jet Li.
10. "Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way."
- Swami Vivekananda.
11. "The sage does not hoard. The more he helps others, the more he benefits himself, having bestowed all he has on others, he has yet more; having given all he has to others, he is richer still."
- Lao Tzu.
12. "When we feel weak, we drop our heads on the shoulders of others. Don't get mad when someone does that...Be honored. For that person trusted you enough to, even if subtly, ask you for help."
- Lori Goodwin.
13. "All kids need is a little help, a little hope, and somebody who believes in them."
- Magic Johnson.
14. "If you're in trouble, or hurt or need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones."
- John Steinbeck.
15. "We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
- Elie Wiesel.
16. "When you're too religious, you tend to point your finger to judge instead of extending your hand to help."
- Steve Maraboli.
17. "No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude."
- Alfred North Whitehead.
18. "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
- Muhammad Ali.
19. "You [an aspiring writer] can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room."
- Dr. Seuss.
20. "He who sees a need and waits to be asked for help is as unkind as if he had refused it."
- Dante Alighieri.
Quotes About Asking For Help
Asking for help is never easy, but sometimes it's also the only way to go on. These are a few quotes on asking for help, such as asking God for help quotes and more.
21. "Life provides ample opportunity to test our mettle. When circumstances call for it, let's give ourselves a break and ask for help."
- Gina Greenlee.
22. "Refusing to ask for help when you need it is refusing someone the chance to be helpful."
- Ric Ocasek.
23. "I think the hardest part to get to is that point of asking for help or reaching out to other people and being honest with yourself."
- Mary-Kate Olsen.
24. "Being first to ask for help in a friendship takes courage and humility."
- Afton Rorvik.
25. "Asking for other's guidance helps you see what you may not be able to see. It's always important to check your ego and ask for help."
- Ken Blanchard.
26. "Asking for and receiving help is a way to prime the pump of generosity."
- Jay Perry.
27. "Regardless of what challenge you are facing…do what you can with what you have, and ask for help if needed. Most importantly, never surrender."
- Les Brown.
28. "Never let your ego get in the way of asking for help when in desperate need. We have all been helped at a point in our lives."
- Edmond Mbiaka.
29. "Take the risk to ask for whatever you need and want. If someone says no, you will not lose anything. If someone says yes, you have a lot to gain."
- Abhishek Ratna.
30. "Sometimes asking for help also means you are helping yourself."
- Renuka Pitre.
31. "I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation."
- Samuel Beckett.
32. "However, if you find you can't help yourself, there's no shame in asking others for help. Sometimes asking for help is just as heroic as giving it."
- Chris Colfer.
33. "It wasn't pride that prevented him from asking for help but a deep aversion to causing more trouble than necessary for those of us who lived in the normal world."
- Yoko Ogawa.
34. "In our communion with God, we are so busy presenting our problems, asking for help, seeking relief that we leave no moments of silence to listen for God's answers."
- Alice Hegan Rice.
35. "The only mistake you can make is not asking for help."
- Sandeep Jauhar.
36. "Asking for help is never a sign of weakness. It's one of the bravest things you can do. And it can save your life."
- Lily Collins.
37. "There is no shame in asking for help; it is one the most courageous things you'll ever do and will lead to greater connection with those around you."
- Laura Lane.
38. "Sometimes the loudest cries for help are silent."
- Harlan Coben.
39. "Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. I do that every day. Asking for help isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength."
- Barack Obama.
40. "It may sound paradoxical, but strength comes from vulnerability. You have to ask the question to get the answer, even though asking the question means you didn't know."
- Majid Kazmi.
Help Others Quotes
We all need a little help one time or the other. You may ask for it from someone or not, but if you see someone in need of it, it'll the kindest ever thing you can do if you help the one in need. These quotes talk about what helping others actually means.
41. "As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."
- Audrey Hepburn.
42. "Hail to the man who went through life always helping others, knowing no fear, and to whom aggressiveness and resentment are alien. Such is the stuff of which the great moral leaders are made."
- Albert Einstein.
43. "Helping others is the secret sauce to a happy life."
- Todd Stocker.
44. "Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, What's in it for me?"
- Brian Tracy.
45. "There are many different kinds of power. True power comes from serving and helping others.
- Dalai Lama.
46. "A storyteller makes up things to help other people; a liar makes up things to help himself."
- Daniel Wallace.
47. "Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you."
- Mother Teresa.
48. "Foolish, selfish people are always thinking of themselves, and the result is always negative. Wise persons think of others, helping them as much as they can, and the result is happiness."
- Dalai Lama.
49. "Remember this. Hold on to this. This is the only perfection there is, the perfection of helping others. This is the only thing we can do that has any lasting meaning."
- Andre Agassi.
50. "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."
- Dalai Lama.
51. "People keep themselves at a tolerable height above an infernal abyss toward which they gravitate only by putting out all their strength and lovingly helping one another."
- Franz Kafka.
52. "If you're not making someone else's life better, then you're wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better."
- Will Smith.
53. "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."
- Ronald Reagan.
54. "We can benefit others through our actions by being warm and generous toward them, by being charitable, and by helping those in need."
- Dalai Lama.
55. "I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand."
- Charles de Lint.
Quotes On Kindness
Helping someone requires a person to be kind and more deeds as such make them kinder. Here we have a few quotes on kindness to remind you how beautiful being kind is.
56. "Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime."
- Dale Carnegie.
57. "The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey."
- Sarah Fielding.
58. "When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace."
- Dalai Lama.
59. "A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve."
- Joseph Joubert.
60. "You can always give something, even if it is only kindness."
- Anne Frank.
61. "Carry out a random act of kindness with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.
- Princess Diana.
62. "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
- Mark Twain.
63. "This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."
- Dalai Lama.
64. "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver."
- Barbara De Angelis.
65. "Men, be kind to your fellow-men; this is your first duty, kind to every age and station, kind to all that is not foreign to humanity. What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?"
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for [Asking For Help Quotes] then why not take a look at our you only live once quotes, or you can do anything quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.