Bravery is a human quality that needs appreciation.
One way to celebrate one's brave soul is through some bravery quotes. They not only cherish the valor and heroism of the brave, but also inspire others to always have a courageous outlook towards the challenges life throws at us.
How to be brave quotes offer mental strength and inspiration to those who don't feel brave enough to tackle life's adversities. They always manage to motivate, urging people to live life to the fullest and stand brave whenever faced with any daunting situation. These quotes can help you to appreciate bravery and encourage you to be brave. Here we have compiled more than 45 quotes that will help you be brave, gather courage, and move forward in life.
If you like this content, do check out our [victory quotes] and [winning quotes].
Famous Quotes About Being Brave
If you need something to help you become brave, here are some famous sayings that will help you overcome fear.
1. "It's your life; you don't need someone's permission to live the life you want. Be brave to live from your heart."
-Roy T. Bennett.
2. "It's okay to be crazy and scared and brave at the same time!"
3. "Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him."
-George R. R. Martin, 'A Game Of Thrones', 1996.
4. "We become brave by doing brave acts."
5. "Brave men do not gather by thousands to torture and murder a single individual, so gagged and bound he cannot make even feeble resistance or defense."
-Ida B. Wells.
6. "I'm the daughter of refugees. The immigrant mentality is to work hard, be brave, and never give up in your pursuit of achieving the American dream."
7. "Fortune always favors the brave, and never helps a man who does not help himself."
8. "To believe yourself brave is to be brave; it is the one only essential thing."
9. "Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory."
10. "I beg you take courage; the brave soul can mend even disaster."
-Catherine the Great.
11. "Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war."
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
Quotes On Bravery And Facing Fear
Get going with life with these great quotations about bravery and what it means to be brave that will keep you motivated and help you in facing your fear.
12. "If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
13. "Bravery is a complicated thing to describe...It's a quality, not a thing."
14. "To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength."
15. "Bravery is:
to be unhindered by failures,
and to walk with freedom,
strength, and hope,
in the face of things unknown."
-Morgan Harper Nichols.
16. "Find what you are afraid of, face it, and then you won't be afraid of it anymore."
17. "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."
-Dumbledore, 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone', 1998.
18. "It is not the strength of the body that matters, but the strength of the spirit."
-J. R. R. Tolkien.
19. "Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it."
-C. JoyBell C.
20. "Being brave means knowing that when you fail, you don't fail forever."
-Lana Del Rey.
21. "Bravery is the ability to look fear and hurt in the face and say move aside, you are in the way."
22. "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."
-Franklin P. Jones.
23. "A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave."
24. "I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection."
25. "Be brave. Without bravery, you will never know the world as richly as it longs to be known."
26. "Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others."
-Roy T. Bennett.
27. "Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience."
28. "The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
29. "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it."
30. "There are so many ways to be brave in this world...Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life. That is the sort of bravery I must have now."
31. "A brave man acknowledges the strength of others, a brave man never surrenders--the honorable kind and the ruthless kind."
32. "To a brave man, good and bad luck are like his left and right hand. He uses both."
-St. Catherine of Siena.
33. "You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you."
-Mary Tyler Moore.
Quotes About Courage
Here are some sayings and good short quotations from great personalities that will urge you to be courageous in the face of difficulties.
34. "I hope you feel things you've never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you're not, I hope you have the courage to start over again."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
35. "It takes courage…to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives."
36. "Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave."
-Mary Tyler Moore.
37. "To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
38. "There is no failure, remember, except in no longer trying. It is the courage to continue that counts."
39. "Courage cannot be left like bones in a bag. It must be brought out and shown the light again and again, growing stronger each time."
40. "Courage to me is doing something daring, no matter how afraid, insecure, intimidated, alone, unworthy, incapable, ridiculed or whatever other paralyzing emotion you might feel."
-Richelle E. Goodrich.
41. "What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage!"
-The Cowardly Lion, 'The Wizard Of Oz', 1939.
42. "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."
43. "We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."
44. "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
45. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow."
-Mary Anne Radmacher.
46. "Keep in mind that many people have died for their beliefs; it's actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe."
47. "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become."
48. "Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
49. "You cannot swim for new horizons until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Be Brave Quotes then why not take a look at our [be bold quotes], or [be fearless quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.