Children or babies are the blessing bestowed by nature, and a mother is no less than a miracle to be able to give birth to new lives with strength.
The process of giving birth is painful and it starts from the wave of emotions that hits a woman through her period of pregnancy, followed by various hardships and pain of labor. Yet childbirth is also one of nature's best blessings in life.
The natural birth of a child compliments the transformation of women into a strong, competent capable mothers. Let’s take a look at some of the best quotes about birth and giving birth to celebrate motherhood and the fascinating experience of the birth of a child. If you love our quotes about giving birth, you may also like our collection of [baby smiling quotes] and [new mom quotes].
Best Quotes About Giving Birth
The child comes as a fascinating experience to the parents, and a blessing to the family, especially to the woman who goes through a rollercoaster of emotions during the journey from being pregnant to childbirth. Women who give birth go through an amazing experience. So, let’s take a look at some of the best birth quotes that you can also say to the lady giving birth.
1. “A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad.”
- John Andrew Holmes
2. “There is a secret in our culture, and it’s not birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.”
- Laura Stavoe Harm
3. "When in doubt, choose the kids. There will be plenty of time later to choose work."
- Anna Quindlen
4. “A baby is like the beginning of all things: wonder, hope a dream of possibilities. In a world that is cutting down its trees to build highways, losing its earth to concrete, babies are almost the only remaining link in nature, with the natural world of living things from which we spring.”
- Eda J. Leshan
5. “Whenever and wherever you intend to give birth, your experience will impact your emotions, your mind, your body, and your spirit for the rest of your life.”
- Ina May Gaskin
6. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”
- Elizabeth Stone
7. “The so called miracle of birth is nature getting her own way.”
- Camille Paglia
8. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.”
- Myla and Jon Kabat Zinn
9. “Babies are the buds of imagination that are ready to bloom with lights of love and affection.”
- Debasish Mridha
10. “An infant’s smile was the greatest promise that the world would go on, no matter how much the grown-ups mucked around with it.”
- Janice Maynard
11. "The instant of birth is exquisite. Pain and joy are one at this moment. Ever after, the dim recollection is so sweet that we speak to our children with a gratitude they never understand."
- Madeline Tiger Bass
This quote highlights the experience of safe delivery of the baby.
Funny Birth Quotes
The birth of a child is a fascinating journey and the greatest achievement. Any woman that goes through pregnancy and the pains of labor cannot deny the element of humor associated with the birth of a child. Here are some funny birth quotes that will display various experiences of pregnancy and giving birth that will make you laugh.
12. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.”
- Franklin P. Jones
13. “Babies are such a nice way to start people.”
- Don Herold
14. “Actually I don't remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs.”
- Jim Morrison
15. “I always wondered why babies spend so much time sucking their thumbs. Then I tasted baby food.”
- Robert Orben
16. “Babies are always more trouble than you thought – and more wonderful."
- Charles Osgood
17. “A baby’s cry is precisely as serious as it sounds.”
- Jean Liedloff
18. “Before I got married I had six theories about raising children. Now, I have six children and no theories.”
- John Wilmot
19. “Babies used to make me nervous, but these squirmy things are awesome once you’ve read the manual.”
- David Z. Hirsch
20. “Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.”
- Erma Bombeck
21. “Families with babies and families without babies are sorry for each other.”
- Ed Howe
Baby Boy Quotes & Baby Girl Quotes
Let us look at some of the best baby boy and baby girl quotes that will show different experiences and journey of women through pregnancy and childbirth. These quotes reflect the feelings of parents after giving birth.
22. “A baby boy has a special way of bringing out the man in his father and the little boy in his grandfather.”
- Tanya Masse
23. “A happy baby has shining eyes. It walks open hearted into the world and spreads magic.”
- Sigrid Leo
24. “If I have a monument in this world, it is my son.”
- Maya Angelou
25. "Life doesn’t get more real than having a newborn at home.”
- Eric Church
26. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.”
- Bethany Hamilton
27. “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.”
- Laurel Atherton
Inspirational Quotes About Giving Birth
A healthy baby birth is no less than an adventure that has its ups and downs. All of these are worth it when a woman is about to give birth and hold her baby for the very first time. Let’s take a look at some of the inspirational newborn quotes that are apt for first time mothers. Before, during and after giving birth, strong, competent, capable mothers come into the world too.
28. “The wisdom and compassion a woman can intuitively experience in childbirth can make her a source of healing and understanding for other women.”
- Stephen Gaskin
29. “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.”
- Rabindranath Tagore
30. “Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers-strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.”
- Barbara Katz Rothman
31. “The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.”
- Olivia Wilde
32. “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.”
- Robin Lim
33. “Birth isn’t something we suffer, but something we actively do and exult in.”
- Sheila Kiyzinger
34. “A mother does not become pregnant in order to provide employment to medical people. Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males. It is a woman's crowning creative experience of a lifetime.”
- John Stevenson
35. “The knowledge of how to give birth without outside interventions lies deep within each woman.”
- Suzanne Arms
36. “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement, not your greatest fear.”
- Jane Weideman
Beautiful Birth Quotes
A child brings and holds the family together and turns the woman into a capable, strong, and competent mother to her child. Here are some of the most beautiful birth quotes or quotes related to giving birth, displaying the amazing journey and experience. Share these with a mother who is going to give birth.
37. “Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give, the more you get and the more you get, the more you feel like giving.”
- Penelope Leach
38. “Birth is an experience that demonstrates that life is not merely function and utility, but form and beauty.”
- Christopher Largen
39. “Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
- A. A. Milne
40. “Childbirth is an experience in a woman’s life that holds the power to transform her forever. Passing through these powerful gates – in her own way – remembering all the generations of women who walk with her… She is never alone.”
- Suzanne Arms
41. “Birth is the doorway for integration of body and mind.”
- Gayle Peterson
42. “Birth matters, and I believe the way a child is brought into the world has an important impact on the rest of life. Helping with that transition is an honor.”
- Anjli Aurora Hinman
43. “With every newborn baby a little sun rises.”
- Irmgard Erath
44. “In this way, every birth is a natural birth: each of us is part of nature, not separate from it, and nature is always stunning in its variety. Your birth, then, is part of the natural world, however it unfolds.”
- Lauralyn Curtis
45. “To celebrate the birth of a new life, is to appreciate the miraculous work of the creator.”
- Wayne Chirisa
46. "Before you were born I carried you under my heart. From the moment you arrived in this world until the moment I leave it, I will always carry you in my heart.”
- Mandy Harrison
47. “Birth is the sudden opening of a window, through which you look out upon a stupendous prospect. For what has happened? A miracle. You have exchanged nothing for the possibility of everything.”
- Willie Dixon
48. “Birth is about radical, creative, life affirming change. It is about adaptation on a nearly unbelievable scale.”
- Mark Sloan
49. “A woman in birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.”
- Marcie Macari
50. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.”
- Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
Sweet Birth Quotes
The intensity of human love knows no bounds. Let’s take a look at some of the sweet birth quotes that display the emotion of childbirth and giving birth and make mothers strong, competent, capable, and amazing.
51. “A baby is an inestimable blessing.”
- Mark Twain
52. “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.”
- Johnny Depp
53. “Life’s only worth living if you’re being loved by a kid.”
- Buzz Lightyear, 'Toy Story 2', 1999.
54. “There’s nothing more contagious than the laughter of young children; it doesn’t even have to matter what they’re laughing about.”
- Criss Jami
55. “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.”
- Jared Padalecki
56. “In the garden of humanity every baby is a fresh new flower.”
- Debasish Mridha
57. “One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche
58. “Children bring us a piece of heaven on earth.”
- Roland Leonhardt
Newborn Baby Quotes
Babies can make a sad person happy just by looking at them. They are a symbol of new possibilities within oneself. Here are newborn baby quotes that will prepare you to give birth and take delight in everything that babies offer.
59. “Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.”
- Kate Douglas Wiggin
60. “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.”
- Lish McBride
61. “I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us.”
- Charles Dickens
62. “Children are like a book which we should write in and which we should read.”
- Peter Rosegger
63. “A baby is born with a need to be loved – and never outgrows it.”
- Frank A. Clark
64. "I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
65. “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.”
- Pamela S. Nadav
66. "The laugh of a child is like a star in the sky."
- Joseph Dirnbeck
Empowering Birth Quotes
No woman would deny that the journey from pregnancy to giving birth to holding her baby in her arms could be compared to any other happiness of the world. Here are some empowering birth quotes and at birth sayings that will help the mothers and the mothers-to-be to get through giving birth smoothly.
67. “A strong intention, a relaxed body and an open mind are the main ingredients for an active birth.”
- Janet Balaskas
68. “Having a baby is part of a woman’s life, and it is surely a great waste to be afraid of life.”
- Joan Lowery Nixon
69. "Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
- Gloria Steinem
70. “Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males. It is a woman’s crowning creative experience of a lifetime.”
- John Stevenson
71. “Childbirth is a lot of hard work, and the sensations that accompany it are very strong, but there is nothing wrong with labor."
- Giuditta Tornetta
72. “Whenever and however you give birth your experience will impact your emotions, your mind, your body, and your spirit for the rest of your life.”
- Ina May Gaskin
73. “Birth is an opportunity to transcend. To rise above what we are accustomed to, reach deeper inside ourselves than we are familiar with, and to see not only what we are truly made of, but the strength we can access in and through birth.”
- Marcie Macari
74. “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.”
- Harriette Hartigan
75. “Let choice whisper in your ear and love murmur in your heart. Be ready. Here comes life.”
- Maya Angelou
76. “There is power that comes to women when they give birth. They don’t ask for it, it simply invades them. Accumulates like clouds on the horizon and passes through, carrying the child with it.”
- Sheryl Feldman
77. "When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change."
- Marie Mongan
Best Birth Quotes For Newborns
Women are very strong and fortunate to be able to experience and enjoy the creation and birth of a new human being through them that is a fulfilling experience. Here are some of the best baby birth quotes for newborns, whether it's a first born quote or the birth of any healthy baby.
78. “You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete.”
- George Strait
79. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”
- Eda J. Le Shan
80. “Only mothers can think of the future - because they give birth to it in their children.”
- Maxim Gorky
81. “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on. “
- Carl Sandburg
82. “Birth is the epicenter of women’s power.”
- Ani DiFranco
83. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things-wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”
- Eda J. Le Shan
84. “To witness the birth of a child is our best opportunity to experience the meaning of the word miracle.”
- Paul Carvel
85. “Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day.”
- Taylor Hanson
86. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
- Robert Munsch
87. “Babies are like little suns that, in a magical way, bring warmth, happiness and light into our lives.
- Kartini Diapari
88. "Being a parent is one of greatest mindfulness practices of all."
- Jon Kabat Zinn
89. "Just as there is no warning for childbirth, there is no preparation for the sight of a first child... There should be a song for women to sing at this moment, or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name the moment."
- Anita Diamant, The Red Tent
This quote highlights the strength of human female bodies and commends their endurance of labor pain while giving birth.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Birth Quotes then why not take a look at [Baptism Quotes], or [Funny Baby Quotes]?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.