Bliss is described as a feeling of indescribable joy and peace.
Bliss quotes can bring you happiness and remind you to be positive too. If you enjoy reading about blissful quotes, then make sure you take a look at [serenity quotes] and [do what you love quotes] too!
Best Quotes About Bliss
Some of the best quotes about bliss include ignorance is bliss quotes, or maybe wedded bliss quotes. We have compiled some of the best bliss quotes for your enjoyment - and to share with your friends! They are very positive quotes, phrased in short, succinct quotes that stay with you long after you have read them. So take a look at these best bliss quotes from the likes of Joseph Campbell and others to bring you happiness.
1. "What greater bliss than to look back on days spent in usefulness, in doing good to those around us."
2. "From tiny, tiny waves of joy, one gets to the ocean of happiness, which is called bliss."
-Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
3. "Pull love closely around you and snuggle into its bliss."
- Hemat Malak.
4. “Ignorance is at best merely a drop of bliss, whereas spiritual knowledge is at all times an ocean of bliss.”
5. "If you want to be happy, be."
6. "Health is the vital principle of bliss, and exercise, of health."
7. "Ignorance is bliss, or so we're told. Personally, I find ignorance is also destiny."
8. "Where ignorance is bliss, 'Tis folly to be wise."
9. "Wake up all the desire and pleasure that your body is capable of experiencing, let your past go, and follow your bliss just for the health of it."
- Dr. Christiane Northrup.
10. "To live in infinite bliss, practice mindfulness and live in the moment."
11. “For the bliss of the deep abode is not lightly abandoned in favor of the self-scattering of the wakened state,”
-Joseph Campbell, 'The Hero With a Thousand Faces.'
12. "Know your real Self, beyond who you think you are."
- Vivian Amis.
13. "That perfect bliss and sole felicity, the sweet fruition of an earthly crown."
14. "Is there anything science should not try to explain? Science is knowledge and knowledge is power - power to do good or evil. Sometimes ignorance is bliss."
15. "When realized people come out of their state of realization to do worldly chores, they get even better feeling which is called Bliss.”
16. " A person must never cease striving to enjoy life. It takes wit, interest, and energy to be happy."
- Kilroy J. Oldster.
17. “I believe in karma, and I believe if you put out positive vibes to everybody, that’s all you’re going to get back.”
18. "Ignorance is not bliss - it is oblivion."
19. "Bliss is the nature of spirit-force in the same way that wetness is a quality of water."
- Steve Taylor.
20. "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
21. "Live with integrity, respect the rights of other people, and follow your own bliss."
22. "Bliss needs to be shared. It exists only in sharing."
23. “You want to spend your day like an emperor and then sleep deeply like a laborer. That’s not possible in this world of dualities. Here definition of pleasure is relief from pain. Eternal bliss is found when you detach from both.”
24. "Beauty is whatever gives joy."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay.
25. “Adversity is a mirage. People, situations, and relationships sometimes change for the worst but inevitably clear a path for far better replacements. The continued journey will always find bliss.”
26. "Bliss and inner peace comes from acceptance of fate."
- Kilroy J. Oldster.
27. “Nothing is more important than reconnecting with your bliss. Nothing is as rich. Nothing is more real.”
28. "Film can't just be a long line of bliss. There's something we all like about the human struggle."
29. "We can cultivate a state of bliss when we are able to let go of stress, worry, and distracting thoughts."
- Amy Leigh Mercree.
30. "Bliss is terribly private."
31. "Life is a pilgrimage. The wise man does not rest by the roadside inns. He marches direct to the illimitable domain of eternal bliss, his ultimate destination."
32. “Boredom is not far from bliss: it is bliss seen from the shores of pleasure.”
-Roland Barthes, 'The Pleasure of the Text.'
33. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.”
34. "Ignorance is the failure to discriminate between the permanent and the impermanent, the pure and the impure, bliss and suffering, the Self and the non-Self."
35. "Without the scars, without the pain, we wouldn’t be able to appreciate the times when everything is magical, the days when life is absolute bliss."
- Kandi Steiner.
Living A Good Life Quotes
Short, positive bliss quotes like the ones below are just the kickstart you need to start your day off on a good note. Read on for some great quotes about living a good life, and how you can achieve bliss with a sustained sense of well-being, and how you can find ecstasy in life. These bliss quotes will help you find happiness in life.
36. “Never forget the importance of living with unbridled exhilaration.”
37. “There will be many reasons to be angry or agitated, but one reason to have inner peace is enough to prevent that.”
- Tonmoy Acharjee.
38. "Well may your heart believe the truths Well may your heart believe the truths I tell; 'Tis virtue makes the bliss, where'er we dwell."
39. "Pain and foolishness lead to great bliss and complete knowledge, for Eternal Wisdom created nothing under the sun in vain."
40. "Every moment of life is precious and every moment of love is bliss."
- Debasish Mridha MD.
41. “As you live your values, your sense of identity, integrity, control, and inner-directedness will infuse you with both exhilaration and peace."
-Stephen R. Covey.
42. "Joy knows itself. As children we didn’t even know the word joy, we were joy."
- Francis Lucille.
43. "To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life."
-Jill Bolte Taylor.
44. "To be happy--one must find one's bliss."
- Gloria Vanderbilt.
45. “I’d learned what the word 'happy' meant. It meant there was no weight in your belly, and if you asked yourself how you felt, the answer spontaneously came back: good.”
-Henry Shukman, 'One Blade Of Grass: Finding the Old Road of the Heart, a Zen Memoir.'
46. "Bliss is not a feeling but a state of being. In the state of bliss, everything is loved."
47. "It is the nature of babies to be in bliss."
48. "When we are happy, we don’t know that we are happy, because happiness requires childlike innocence. When a child is happy, he doesn’t know that he is happy. He doesn’t formulate it, he simply enjoys it."
49. “It’s all body, all heart. Pure bliss.”
-A.D. Aliwat, 'In Limbo'
50. "Bliss is the ocean, a towel on the sand, the sun out, the chance to swim in waves or walk dragging a stick behind you, a good book, a cold drink."
51. "Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It's the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps."
52. "You can only have bliss if you don't chase it."
-Bhante Henepola Gunaratana.
53. "If not bliss, ignorance can at least be fun."
54. "Expression of anything Deep can only be felt, be it grief, bliss, or love. Words are a poor mode of communication, to express anything that is from the soul."
- Anupama Garg.
55. "Now may every living thing, young or old, weak or strong, living near or far, known or unknown, living or departed or yet unborn, may every living thing be full of bliss."
56. "A person whom refuses to grow will never attain bliss."
- Kilroy J. Oldster
57. "Happiness comes to us by Itself, and It envelops our whole being when the mind becomes humble and silent, as it has understood its inability to encounter the Unknown."
- Ilie Cioara.
58. “Out of the bliss comes magic, wonderment and creativity."
59. "I just sort of follow my bliss, so to speak, and then I see where that takes me."
60. "There's only one reason why you're not experiencing bliss at this present moment, and it's because you're thinking or focusing on what you don't have...But, right now you have everything you need to be in bliss."
-Anthony de Mello.
61. "Happiness is a mysterious thing, to be found somewhere between too little and too much."
62. "Do you think that you shall enter the Garden of Bliss without such trials as came to those who passed before you?"
63. "Remember you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine."
- Walt Disney.
64. "True happiness ensues indirectly. It always appears in a state of non-search."
- Ilie Cioara.
65. "When we go closer to the divine, bliss is growing."
- Swami Dhyan Giten.
Famous Quotes About Bliss
Make happy moments. That is is the key to all bliss quotes, and nothing is more important than the perfect bliss and sole felicity of being happy. Read on for these amazing quotes to start reconnecting with your bliss, and watch as the universe will open doors to unite you with your bliss. These bliss quotes will truly inspire happiness in you.
66. “Is there a right time to follow your Bliss? Not really. You postpone your Happiness, following your Bliss, only because you think you have a lot of time later in Life to do what you love doing. But the truth is that there is not enough time. Life comes with an expiry date; it is a one-time, limited-period offer. So, if you are not living your Life fully, happily, you are losing precious time. Simply, there is no better time than NOW to do what you love doing!”
67. "Paradise is open to all kind hearts."
- Pierre Jean de Beranger.
68. "My mind to me a kingdom is, such present joys therein I find, that it excels all other bliss."
69. “Ignorance might be bliss, but it also has teeth.”
-Craig D. Lounsbrough, 'Flecks of Gold on a Path of Stone: Simple Truths for Profound Living.'
70. "Follow your bliss and let the magic of life happen."
71. "It takes patience to appreciate domestic bliss; volatile spirits prefer unhappiness."
72. “Good times pass very fast. Bad times pass very slow. When you detach from both good and bad, time doesn’t pass at all. That is Timelessness or Eternal Bliss.”
73. "The more effort you apply to it, the faster you’ll find your bliss, but you’ll experience rewards immediately.”
74. "Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough."
75. "The bliss even of a moment still is bliss."
76. "Happiness is as exclusive as a butterfly, and you must never pursue it. If you stay very still, it may come and settle on your hand. But only briefly. Savour those moments, for they will not come in your way very often."
77. "God is peace, bliss, beauty, and truth. Focus your energy on that, life will be like that."
- Amit Ray.
78. "The person you consider ignorant and insignificant is the one who came from God, that he might learn bliss from grief and knowledge from gloom."
79. "One has to go beyond the mind to experience the spiritual bliss of desirelessness."
80. “A wise woman once told me happiness is a line with contentment at one end and bliss on the other.”
81. "Happiness is a choice, a repetitive one."
82. "You get everything you could have ever wished for if you're willing to give that eternal bliss away to somebody else, to give it back."
83. “I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace—a connection to what matters."
84. "Bliss can only come through gratitude, only through enlarging your heart with gratitude. Bliss is the reward of gratitude - the gratitude which is not just wordly or just spoken lip service, but is from the heart - the gratitude of the heart."
85. “Ignorance was bliss.”
-Chuck Palahniuk, 'Choke.'
86. "It’s just that they’re too busy getting caught up in worry and stress to notice that life is magnificent and beautiful. Being alive is good. Being alive should already make you happy."
- Leigh Hershkovich.
87. "Success is realizing the true joy and wonder of life can only be yours if you follow your own intuition, aiming to achieve your bliss."
- Steven Redhead.
88. "Materialism is the only form of distraction from true bliss."
89. “The partner of pleasure is pain. Bliss has no opposite. In bliss, pain and pleasure are one.”
-Georgi Y. Johnson, 'Nondual Therapy: The Psychology of Awakening.'
90. “Life is a quest and love a quarrel.”
-Edna St. Vincent Millay.
91. "I think it’s a bliss; the way you’ve learned not to expect anything from anyone. It makes you strong, unstoppable, and so free."
- Samiha Totanji.
92. “We may be scared to lose our ego but once it's lost, the state of bliss is found.”
- Tonmoy Acharjee.
93. "Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss."
94. "Such bliss is not meant to last. In my husband's house, my children were my real gifts."
- Ru Freeman.
95. "Give glory to God Almighty for everything concerning your life on earth and after this life on earth ends, your soul will dwell in the endless glory of God in heaven in bliss and beauty."
- Stellah Mupanduki.
96. "Where ignorance is bliss it's foolish to borrow your neighbor's newspaper."
97. "Happiness is a continuation of happenings which are not resisted."
98. "The supreme attainment of human life is divine bliss. Divine bliss is the nature of the Self."
99. "I do believe in karma and one day, it will get to you."
100. "Because life is short. I feel we’re made of a hunger, a desire for life – if that can be described as a material. As I get older, I’m trying to open that channel more. If you don’t, if you close off desire and get complacent, life loses its freshness and sweetness, and that’s what I crave. That’s my bliss."
101. "Bliss is in action without expectation."
- Abhijit Naskar.
102. "Ignorance is bliss. I wish I still had some."
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for bliss quotes then why not take a look at calm quotes, or you make me happy quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.