A lion often stands for qualities including courage, bravery, strength, and power.
A lion is not only the king of the jungle. The wild beast has a lot of wisdom to offer to the world of human beings too!
The characteristics of a lion have always fascinated humans and these animals have appeared countless times in books and movies for us to enjoy. Books like Lionel Taylor's 'When Lions Talk' (2018) or 'Remembering Lions' (2020) by Margot Raggett are highly informative as well as interesting. There are also several children's books that talk about this king of the jungle.
A lion is well known for its ruthlessness and fierce nature. They also make great and powerful leaders. Here are some interesting lion quotes about power, strength, and fearlessness that animal fans will love. From lion quotes about bravery and lion quotes about strength to gentle lion quotes and lion quotes about the jungle, there is a lion quote for everyone here!
If you enjoy these lion quotes then don't forget to look at these [quotes about dragons] and Aslan quotes too.
Quotes About Lions And Sheep
A lion and a sheep are highly contrasting in their natures, and this is what makes them so perfect to use in quotes! Here are some lion and sheep quotes that speak volumes about their characters.
1. "A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep."
- Vernon Howard.
2. "A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep."
- George R. R. Martin, 'A Game Of Thrones'.
3. "A lion will never be afraid of sheep, no matter how many outnumber it."
― Matshona Dhliwayo.
4. "It’s better to be a lonely lion than a popular sheep."
5. "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."
- Alexander the Great.
Bible Quotes About Lions
The lion is often mentioned in the Christian Bible. Check out these lion quotes from the Bible for some religious interpretations.
6. "Their hair was like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth."
- Revelation 9:8.
7. "Then the young lions roar for their food, but they are dependent on the Lord."
- Psalm 104:21.
8. "A lion, mighty among beasts, who retreats before nothing."
- Proverbs 30:30.
9. "Roaring lions that tear their prey open their mouths wide against me."
- Psalms 22:13.
10. "You are a lion’s cub, Judah; you return from the prey, my son. Like a lion he crouches and lies down, like a lioness—who dares to rouse him?"
- Genesis 49:9.
11. "A king’s rage is like the roar of a lion, but his favor is like dew on the grass."
- Proverbs 19:12.
12. “Then one of the elders said to me, 'Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.'”
- Revelation 5:5.
13. "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion."
- Proverbs 28:1.
Famous Movie Quotes About Lions
These are some of the best lion quotes from the world of entertainment. Check these lion quotes out for some fun reading.
14. "See, I told you having a lion on our side wasn’t such a bad idea."
- Timon, 'Lion King', 2019.
15. "Every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he is."
- Mike, 'Poolhall Junkies', 2002.
16. "Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger."
– Simba, 'Lion King', 2019.
17. "Aslan is a lion- the Lion, the great Lion."
- C. S. Lewis, 'Chronicles of Narnia', 2005.
18. "Well, somebody once told me that the great kings of the past are up there, watching over us."
– Simba, Lion King', 2019.
19. "Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage!"
- The Cowardly Lion, 'Wizard of Oz', 1939.
20. "A true king’s power is his compassion."
– Sarabi, 'Lion King', 2019.
21. "Remember who you are."
- Mufasa, 'Lion King', 2019.
22. "She was a real lion, wasn't she, there at the end? A real jungle lion. A real Africa lion."
- Walter, 'Secondhand Lions', 2003.
23. "I’m only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble."
– Mufasa, 'Lion King', 2019.
Quotes About Lions And Strength, Power, And Courage
Here are some lion quotes that speak of the lion's valiant nature. These quotes about lions and courage are truly motivating, showing that the lion is a great animal to be inspired by!
24. "A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man."
- Turkish proverb.
25. "The roar of a lion projects a jittery wave of terror that no mortal wants to mess with."
― Vincent Okay Nwachukwu.
26. "She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them."
― R.M. Drake.
27. "If we join together
We will never fall
Lions must rule forever."
- Zira and Kion, 'Lions Over All'.
28. "Love has the face of a goddess, but the talons of a lion."
- Ivan Panin.
29. "At a certain point, even if the one alpha male is dominant, at a certain point there’s a younger lion that is stronger, and everyone knows it."
– Josh Lucas.
30. "And the lion's roar, the lion's roar
Is something that I have heard before."
- First Aid Kit, 'The Lion's Roar'.
31. "Only in art will the lion lie down with the lamb, and the rose grow without thorn."
― Martin Amis.
32. "The one excellent thing that can be learned from a lion is that whatever a man intends doing should be done by him with a whole-hearted and strenuous effort."
33. "The lion is passion, the lion is the fire."
– Michael Samuels.
34. "We're not waiting for permission
We defy our inhibition
Like our middle name is 'fearless'
35. "An injured lion still wants to roar."
- Randy Pausch.
36. "I refuse to be outworked, and I consider myself to have the heart of a lion."
– Draymond Green.
37. "Intelligence entails a strong mind, but genius entails a heart of a lion in tune with a strong mind."
– Criss Jami.
38. "Courage is poorly housed that dwells in numbers; the lion never counts the herd that are about him, nor weighs how many flocks he has to scatter."
– Aaron Hill.
39. "The lion never fears to walk alone."
― Lailah Gifty Akita.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about lions then why not take a look at these JK Rowling quotes or shark quotes too?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.