Being brave is all about one's attitude and it also comes with time, experience, and some motivation.
Not everyone is brave enough to live their life full of confidence because it requires some amount of motivation. The most important and easiest way to bring out someone's bravery is just to appreciate them in whatever the work they are doing and boost them up.
People really like to be appreciated especially when they are coming out of their shell. This very act takes real courage and confidence from within, and also requires support.
Bravery symbolizes that someone is a very strong person with full strength and drive to overcome any great fear they might have in their life, and to look fear in the face to become a winner and take control over their life. When one person is courageous this also helps others to win too as such positivity is contagious! So read on for brave quotes to unleash your inner strength, be courageous, and become free to live your life. For more motivational quotes, check out be brave quotes and [fearless quotes].
Positive Quotes About Bravery
To be brave you don't need to do anything extraordinary, you just need to get into the zone. You need that right amount of motivation and for that motivation, we have the perfect quotes! So, be brave with the help of these quotes on bravery and love living your life without being afraid of anything.
1."You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you."
-Mary Tyler Moore.
2. "To a brave man, good and bad luck are like his left and right hand. He uses both."
-St. Catherine of Siena.
3. "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."
4. "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become."
5. "Being brave means knowing that when you fail, you don’t fail forever."
-Lana Del Rey.
6. "You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore."
7. "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
8. "Bravery and Stupidity are the same thing, the outcome determines your label."
9. "Being brave meant that though you might be frightened, you would face the greatest danger if you knew it was the right thing to do."
10. "If it must be done, it's best done bravely."
11. "Brave men don't belong to any one country. I respect bravery wherever I see it."
-Harry S. Truman.
12 ."A brave action is often followed by grief. Do not let my resistance to grief stop the brave action."
13. "You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
14. "Be brave. Things will find their shape."
15. "Being brave is only standing up when you're afraid."
16. "Dare to be brave today, and trust that when you extend your wings, you will fly."
17. "Sometimes it takes bravery in order to be a coward."
18. "I think she's brave. I think that nobody has ever believed what she could be capable of. All her life, nobody was listening."
19. "Until that moment she had never thought she could do it. Never thought she would be brave enough or scared enough, or desperate enough to dare."
20. "Bravery is good when the cause is good."
21. "Whatever may happen, it must be of new hope or of new courage to me!"
22. "It takes guts and bravery and heart to walk a mile in a single girl’s shoes. And sometimes a fabulous pedicure."
23. "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
24. "No one can tell you what you can and cannot put in your book. So be brave and just write!"
25. "I just had to find the courage to take that first step."
26. "Even brave men blind themselves sometimes, when they are afraid to see."
-George R.R. Martin.
27. "Home isn't just a house or a city or a place; home is what happens when you're brave enough to love people."
28. "Those who are brave, are the greatest cowards of all. For they fear failure."
29. "Courage can't see around corners, but goes around them anyway."
30. "O, that's a brave man! He writes brave verses, speaks brave words, swears brave oaths, and breaks them bravely,"
Quotes About Being Brave
Being brave in life is the most difficult yet the most easy and fun way to live the best life one can have. One thing that is amazing about being brave is that it lets your inner self or spirit free from all the surrounding and bonds also allows you the live life on your own terms.
31. "Courage injures the strong ones who have no wisdom, but it motivates the brave ones, to always win."
32. "Through the eyes of the brave, the future makes past tense perfect sense."
33. "It is a brave man... who dares to look the devil in the face and tell him he is a devil."
-James A. Garfield.
34. "If you're brave enough to get through the darkness then you shall shine in the light."
35. "All the bravery that lines our lives, in the ordinary moments adds up to an extraordinary, successful life."
-Andrea T. Goeglein.
36. "Harry then did something that was both very brave and very stupid"
-J.K. Rowling, 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'.
37. "Sometimes it isn't fighting that's brave, it's facing the death you know is coming."
38. "Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
39. "A brave man could think. A coward couldn't."
40. "Courage doesn't mean never being afraid. We're all afraid sometimes. Bravery means doing the right thing anyway. That's true strength."
41. "One needs to be either more brave or more good, because if courage is lacking goodness can substitute, while cowardice is the deficiency of both."
42. "Bravery is when you walk into a battle you are not sure of winning."
43. "There is a very thin line of demarcation between bravery and foolhardiness."
44. "Bravery is listening even when you don't want to hear it."
45. "Non-violence is the summit of bravery."
46. "Heroes do not speak of their bravery, they let their deeds speak for them."
47. "Bravery is never out of fashion"
48. "My daddy always said being brave wasn’t not being scared. Being brave was keeping going when you were."
49. "Fearlessness is the first requisite of spirituality. Cowards can never be moral."
50. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
51. "In the flush of love's light, we dare be brave. And suddenly we see that love costs all we are, and will ever be. Yet it is only love which sets us free."
52. "I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
53. "Electric communication will never be a substitute for the face of someone who with their soul encourages another person to be brave and true."
54. "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection."
55. "Being brave isn't the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it."
56. "In my everyday life I'm a little bit nervous and not particularly brave. I feel like if I can be completely brave in my work then I'm doing something right."
57. "Look for inspiration in books, magazines, and even other people's homes - then be brave and take a chance with a room in your home."
58. "Something I stand for is being brave enough to invest in creative ideas that I firmly believe in and bringing those to life."
59. "It is always brave to say what everyone thinks."
60. "I wish I were brave, although I try. I work too hard and don't play enough. Too much work ethic, not enough 'fun'."
Quotes About Courage And Bravery
Many people think life is all about living in fear and keeping your inner self inside a shell which we make for ourselves. Instead, life is about becoming courageous enough to stand against all the odds which prevent us from living life free. The absence of fear is something that makes every day full of strength and hope, it will help you live the best of your life and achieve great targets, making you unafraid to face anything new in life. Here are great quotes about being brave and courageous and not being afraid.
61. "I have lived my life according to this principle: If I’m afraid of it, then I must do it."
62. "The strongest people find the courage and caring to help others, even if they are going through their own storm."
-Roy T. Bennett.
63. "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
64. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
65. "Let me be myself and then I am satisfied. I know that I’m a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage."
66. "It’s better to cross the line and suffer the consequences than to just stare at the line for the rest of your life."
67. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
68. "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
69. "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
70. "Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
71. "Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-John Quincy Adams.
72. "Courage is the commitment to begin without any guarantee of success."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
73. "If there was no fear, how could there be comfort? Or courage?"
74. "There is no one more courageous than the person who speaks with the courage of his convictions."
75. "Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will shape you."
76. "What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"
-Vincent Van Gogh.
77. "Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others."
-Robert Louis Stevenson.
78. "Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision."
79. "Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
80. "To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them."
81. "There are no easy answers, but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right."
81. "Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time."
82. "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."
83. "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it."
84. "Courage is a heart word. The root of the word courage is cor – the Latin word for heart. In one of its earliest forms, the word courage meant ‘To speak one’s mind by telling all one’s heart."
Life Without Courage Quotes
Life without courage is of no use for we cannot achieve much without pushing ourselves and our boundaries. Life without the courage to step outside our comfort zone is a life incomplete. Read on for brave quotes which show you that it is necessary to be courageous to be free in life.
85. "With enough courage, you can do without a reputation."
86. "The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource, adding color and suspense to all our life."
-Daniel J. Boorstin.
87. "Courage is not the absence of fear or despair; it is the capacity to continue on despite them, no matter how great or overwhelming they become."
88 ."Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use."
89. "Courage is the hallmark of spirituality. Courage comes when you love yourself for who you are."
90. "Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace."
91. "It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things."
92. "Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
93. "A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide."
94. "My courage and my bravery at a young age was the thing I was bullied for, a kind of 'Who do you think you are?'"
95. "Courage is found in unlikely places."
96. "Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die."
-Gilbert K Chesterton.
97. "Courage is a special kind of knowledge: the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared."
98. "Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself."
99. "Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened."
100. "Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others."
101. "If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality."
102. “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.”
103. "Being terrified but going ahead and doing what must be done—that’s courage. The one who feels no fear is a fool, and the one who lets fear rule him is a coward"
104. "Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace."
105. "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage."
106. "Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity."
-W. Clement Stone.
107. "You will have to make up for the smallness of your size by your courage and selfless devotion to duty, for it is not life that matters, but the courage, fortitude and determination you bring to it."
-Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
108. "Courage is not simply one of the virtues but the form of every virtue at the testing point, which means at the point of highest reality. "
109. "Courage is the complement of fear. A man who is fearless cannot be courageous. He is also a fool."
-Robert A. Heinlein.
110. "Courage doesn’t happen when you have all the answers. It happens when you are ready to face the questions you have been avoiding your whole life."
-Shannon L. Alder.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Bravery quotes then why not take a look at 'Braveheart' quotes, or be bold quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.