Breakfast is usually considered the most important meal of the day.
Having a hearty breakfast satiates you and works as good preparation for a productive day (which is why it is so important!). Be it a bowl of oatmeal or your favorite pancakes, breakfast is the best way to start the day, and also works as a great bonding time for the family.
Breakfast has always been a hot topic of conversation as a good meal can set you up for a great day. Quotes about breakfast will help you learn more about this meal and its importance for having a healthy mind and body.
Famous Breakfast Quotes
Are you ready to discover the best breakfast quotes? In this section, you will find popular breakfast quotes that can easily become your mantra for daily happiness. If you enjoy eating breakfast, these breakfast quotes will surely become some of your favorite good morning quotes! Can you spot a Piglet breakfast quote in this list of breakfast quotes?
1. “Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper.”
‒ Francis Bacon.
2. “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.”
‒ Adelle Davis.
3. “I enjoyed my breakfast this morning, and I think that was a good thing and do not think it was condemned by God.”
‒ C. S. Lewis.
4. “To me, breakfast is my most important meal. It's often the meal you play a game on. I make sure I have oatmeal, milk, and fruit. It's the fuel you use to hopefully do your best...”
‒ Andrew Luck.
5. “Your morning sets up the success of your day… I use my first hour awake for my morning routine of breakfast and meditation to prepare myself.”
‒ Caroline Ghosn.
6. “All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.”
‒ John Gunther.
7. “Breakfast without orange juice is like a day without sunshine.”
‒ Anita Bryant.
8. “‘When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,’ said Piglet at last, ‘what's the first thing you say to yourself?’ ‘What's for breakfast?’ said Pooh.”
‒ A. A. Milne, 'Winnie The Pooh'.
9. “Hope makes a good breakfast. Eat plenty of it.”
‒ Ian Fleming.
10. “Brunch, for me, is an extended breakfast that should be enjoyed whenever you have time properly to engage in cooking and eating.”
‒ Yotam Ottolenghi.
11. “Everyone runs around trying to find a place where they still serve breakfast because eating breakfast, even if it's 5 o'clock in the afternoon, is a sign that the day has just begun and good things can still happen.”
‒ Jonathan Goldstein.
12. “Breakfast is everything. The beginning, the first thing. It is the mouthful that is the commitment to a new day, a continuing life.”
‒ A. A. Gill.
13. “What nicer thing can you do for somebody than make them breakfast?”
‒ Anthony Bourdain.
14. “Everyone's favorite breakfast dish can be prepared in a moment's time with just a few ingredients and minimum effort.”
‒ Marcus Samuelsson.
15. “One should not attend even the end of the world without a good breakfast.”
‒ Robert A. Heinlein.
Funny Breakfast Quotes
It’s always good to start your day with amusing sayings that can make you laugh. Here are some funny breakfast sayings that everyone will love with their French toast. Can you find the one good breakfast quote that will motivate you to have a hearty breakfast daily among these funny breakfast quotes?
12. “I can recollect nothing more to say at present; perhaps breakfast may assist my ideas. I was deceived — my breakfast supplied only two ideas — that the rolls were good and the butter bad.”
‒ Jane Austen.
13. “Breakfast alone by gaslight is about as ghastly as champagne in daylight.”
‒ Jessie Douglas Kerruish.
14. “Eat breakfast. And then when you get to work, pretend that you have not eaten breakfast and request a second breakfast.”
‒ Tina Fey.
15. “Breakfast is the one meal at which it is permissible to read the paper.”
‒ Amy Vanderbilt.
16. “If it's not chocolate, it's not breakfast.”
‒ Laini Taylor.
17. “I know family comes first, but shouldn't that mean after breakfast?”
‒ Jeff Lindsay, ‘Dearly Devoted Dexter’.
18. “You mix your laundry list with your grocery list, you'll end up eating your underwear for breakfast.”
‒ Natalie, ‘Memento’.
19. “I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.”
‒ Steven Wright.
20. “A bachelor's life is a fine breakfast, a flat lunch, and a miserable dinner.”
‒ Francis Bacon.
21. “Never encourage a man to cook breakfast; it causes him to wonder if women are necessary.”
‒ Robert A. Heinlein.
22. “Dante Marcus: 240 bucks for breakfast?
Valet: It is the most important meal of the day.”
‒ ‘Man On A Ledge’.
23. “The critical period of matrimony is breakfast-time.”
‒ A. P. Herbert.
24. “The first duty of a revolutionist is to get away with it. The second duty is to eat breakfast.”
‒ Abbie Hoffman.
25. “It is a good morning exercise for a research scientist to discard a pet hypothesis every day before breakfast. It keeps him young.”
‒ Konrad Lawrenz.
26. “After the age of 80, you seem to be having breakfast every five minutes.”
‒ Christopher Fry.
27. “Jules Winnfield: Good. Looks like me an Vincent caught you boys at breakfast. Sorry about that. Whatcha havin'?
Jules Winnfield: Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.”
‒ ‘Pulp Fiction’.
28. “The next day, she was silent. For breakfast, she murdered an onion and served it raw.”
‒ Adam Johnson.
29. “Life, within doors, has few pleasanter prospects than a neatly-arranged and well-provisioned breakfast-table.”
‒ Nathaniel Hawthorne, ‘The House Of The Seven Gables’.
Breakfast Quotes From Celebrities
Breakfast is not just about gulping down milk and pancakes while sitting at your kitchen counter. To have breakfast like a king, you need to have proper portions of food that will fill you up. Breakfast is the most important meal in your day as it provides you with enough energy to jump-start your day. No one can tell you more about the importance of the morning meal than these celebrities, so here are some sayings from them.
30. “Never work before breakfast; if you have to work before breakfast, eat your breakfast first.”
‒ Josh Billings.
31. “On family vacations, I used to wake up before everyone else and make a sourdough bread sandwich with butter, eggs, bacon and cheese, and then go back to bed and, like, one hour later be, ‘So what’s for breakfast?’”
‒ Rashida Jones.
32. “I like a farmer's breakfast: two over-easy eggs, turkey bacon or pork sausage, sliced avocado, and grilled tomatoes.”
‒ Chrissy Teigen.
33. “My favorite breakfast probably in the whole wide world, real treaty favorite breakfast, is eggs Benedict.”
‒ Kate Winslet, ‘Total Film’.
34. “I feel better all day if I start off my eating healthy.”
‒ Natalie Morales.
35. “A green juice a day keeps the doctor away!”
‒ Ashley Graham, ‘Stylecaster’.
36. “My ideal food day would be a Sunday that starts with English Breakfast mid-morning, followed by some old movies and a nap, copious amounts of tea and roast chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies.”
‒ April Bloomfield, ‘The New Potato’.
37. “When I wake up, I have the same little bit of peanut butter on toast every morning.”
‒ Kaley Cuoco, ‘Women’s Health’.
38. “Thank you, Dad, for the freedom of letting a kid have a big burger for breakfast.”
‒ Lena Dunham.
39. “I have a huge breakfast every morning because I never know if I’ll have time for lunch… It keeps my mood positive all day.”
‒ Constance Jablonski.
Breakfast Quotes From Books And Famous Authors
Are you the kind of person who likes to read at the breakfast table? This section is practically made for you then! Let's highlight some terrific breakfast quotes from renowned authors that you can share with your friends. Do look out for the 'Breakfast Of Champions' quotes in this list of breakfast quotes.
40. “Her cuisine is limited but she has as good an idea of breakfast as a Scotchwoman.”
‒ Arthur Conan Doyle, ‘The Naval Treaty’.
41. “Why is a bowl of frosted cereal loops with added rainbow marshmallows allowed to count as ‘breakfast’ and not ‘sweets’?”
‒ Bee Wilson, ‘First Bite’.
42. “I came down as soon as I thought there was a prospect of breakfast.”
‒ Charlotte Brontë, ‘Jane Eyre’.
43. “I do not want Michelangelo for breakfast - but for luncheon - for dinner - for tea - for supper - for between meals.”
‒ Mark Twain, ‘The Innocents Abroad’.
44. “When Jasmine woke that morning she'd been dreaming of breakfast. Not cornflakes or melba toast, skim milk and a sorry slice of apple. No, Jasmine was elbow deep in creamy oatmeal slathered with brown sugar and hot cream.”
‒ Nina Killham, ‘How To Cook A Tart’.
45. “The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce.”
‒ Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr., ‘Over The Teacups’.
46. “Coffee is a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to your older self.”
‒ Terry Pratchett, ‘Thud!’.
47. “No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for Before Coffee.”
‒ Cherise Sinclair, ‘Master Of The Mountain’.
48. “Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;”
‒ T. S. Eliot, 'The Love Song Of J. Alfred Prufrock'.
49. “Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar… Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne.”
‒ Kurt Vonnegut, ‘Breakfast Of Champions’.
50. “The average American's simplest and commonest form of breakfast consists of coffee and beefsteak.”
‒ Mark Twain, ‘A Tramp Abroad’.
51. “We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.”
‒ Kurt Vonnegut, ‘Breakfast Of Champions’.
52. “If you look upon ham and eggs and lust, you have already committed breakfast in your heart.”
‒ C. S. Lewis.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for breakfast quotes then why not take a look at these Saturday morning quotes or [coffee quotes] for more great quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.