Breastfeeding has been practiced over centuries and has been described as one of the other miracles of nature.
A mom gifts her child with some much to remember, the best being her breast milk. Breastfeeding nourishes and feeds a baby in a natural way.
Motherhood is not an easy journey. It takes a whole lot of pain and effort for mothers to keep their children secure. Moms make their babies strong through the practice of breastfeeding. Let’s take a look at some of the beautiful breastfeeding quotes for a new mother to celebrate the new journey. If you like our article, you could also check [Baby Smiling Quotes] and [New Mom Quotes].
Best Breastfeeding Quotes
A mother’s milk is the first thing a baby wants. It forms a great bond between the mothers and their child. This collection of breastfeeding encouragement quotes for new moms will help them through this journey of motherhood.
1. "Breastfeeding is a mother's gift to herself, her baby and the earth."
2. “My birth instructor said this…: The breast is like a muscle you have not used until now. ‘Remember taking up a new sport?’ she asked… ‘Remember how much the new set of muscles you used astonished you by aching so much?’ Well, she said, that’s what it’s like to use your breasts, the first time, for the purpose they have been awaiting all your life.”
- Julia Glass
3. “Bottles fill his stomach, but breastfeeding fills his soul.”
- Diane Wiessinger
4. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.”
5. “Mother's milk is soul food for babies. The babies of the world need a lot more soul food.”
- Ina May Gaskin
6. “A pair of substantial mammary glands have the advantage over the two hemispheres of the most learned professor's brain in the art of compounding a nutritive fluid for infants.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
7. "My body, my life, became the landscape of my son’s life. I am no longer merely a thing living in the world; I am a world.”
- Sarah Manguso
8. “Mothers and babies form an inseparable biological and social unit; the health and nutrition of one group cannot be divorced from the health and nutrition of the other.”
- World Health Organization
Famous Quotes About Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding a baby is not something to be ashamed of. Breastfeeding is a natural wonder that displays a unique bond between mother and child. Here are some beautiful breastfeeding quotes by famous people to aid new moms or moms-to-be.
9. “It is the lucky child who still breastfeeds past two years old.”
- Dr. C. Everett Koop
10. “Breastfeeding is a mother’s gift to herself, her baby, and the earth. “
- Pamela K. Wiggins
11. "A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three."
- Grantly Dick-Read
12. “Breastfeeding is a natural act, but it is also an art that is learned every day. The reality is that almost all women can breastfeed, have enough milk for their babies and learn how to overcome problems of all magnitudes. It is nearly always simply a matter of practical knowledge and not a question of good luck.”
- La Leche League
13. “Breastfeeding reminds us of the universal truth of abundance; the more we give out, the more we are filled up, and that divine nourishment – the source from which we all draw is, like a mother’s breast, ever full and ever flowing.”
- Sara Buckley
14. “My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard.”
- David Allen
15. "You are not a pacifier; you are a Mom. You are the sun, the moon, the earth, you are liquid love, you are warmth, you are security, you are comfort in the very deepest aspect of the meaning of comfort.... but you are not a pacifier!"
- Paula Yount
16. “Mother’s milk, time-tested for millions of years, is the best nutrient for babies because it is nature’s perfect food.”
- Robert S. Mendelsohn
17. “A baby nursing at a mother's breast... is an undeniable affirmation of our rootedness in nature.”
- David Suzuki
Encouraging Breastfeeding Quotes
Breastfeeding is no easy task for a breastfeeding mom. It should be appreciated for its necessity. The milk from the breasts of a new mother is said to be the greatest healer and nutrition for babies that is proved to be equally hard and painful for mothers. Here are some encouraging breastfeeding quotes that highlight the beauty of a breastfeeding woman.
18. “It’s an amazing bond with your child. Some cultures do it up to five years, normally. I thought, 'Well, I’ll just do it as long as it feels right for my son.'”
- Kelly Rutherford
19. “It’s been a cycle of ups and downs... emotions, supply, energy, demands.... one thing is the same... you! You are a mom and no one can take that from you!”
20. “Something as simple as better breastfeeding could save a million children a year.”
- Anne M Mulcahy
21. “Thinking that baby formula is as good as breast milk is believing that thirty years of technology is superior to three million years of nature’s evolution.”
- Christine Northrup
22. “I see my body as an instrument, rather than an ornament.”
- Alanis Morissette
23. “Not only are you bonding with your little one, you get to save a ton of money in the process.”
Breastfeeding Quotes For New Moms
Motherhood is a journey and a rollercoaster of emotions for new mothers as well as their babies. Here are some of the best breastfeeding quotes to inspire and encourage new moms.
24. “The natural power of breastfeeding is one of the greatest miracles of the world. It is about real love, caring for and celebrating the wondrous joy of nurturing a new life, it is about enjoying being a woman.”
- Anwar Fazal
25. “Breastfeeding is an unsentimental metaphor for how love works, in a way. You don't decide how much and how deeply to love you respond to the beloved, and give with joy exactly as much as they want.”
- Marni Jackson
26. “People need to understand that when they’re deciding between breastmilk and formula, they’re not deciding between Coke and Pepsi…. They’re choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.”
- Chele Marmet
27. “When you hold a child to your breast to nurse, the curve of the little head echoes exactly the curve of the breast it suckles, as though this new person truly mirrors the flesh from which it sprang.”
- Diana Gabaldon
28. “The whole human world is born from the womb of mothers, and if we can’t make the motherly act of breastfeeding free from stigma in such a world, then it’s an insult to our very existence as a species.
- Abhijit Naskar
29. “If we wear our nursing covers backwards like capes, then everyone can see we’re breastfeeding superheroes.”
- Cassi Clark
30. “Being at the breast reminds the baby of being in the womb: there’s that familiar heartbeat and soothing voice, as well as the warmth and comfort. And that makes the transition to the outside world a little easier.”
- Dr. Jack Newman
31. "Children don’t just get milk from breastfeeding, they get our energy too."
- Stephen Gaskin
32. “Nursing does not diminish the beauty of a woman’s breasts; it enhances their charm by making them look lived in and happy."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Beautiful Breastfeeding Quotes
Mothers are the uncelebrated superheroes and one of the biggest gifts they give their child is breast milk. These most beautiful breastfeeding quotes celebrate breastfeeding done by these superheroes.
33. “Breast milk is like the well that never stops giving.”
- Titilayo Medunoye
34. "The moment she had laid the child to the breast both became perfectly calm."
- Isak Dinesan
35. “My favorite sound is right before a baby latches on, it’s this giggle of joy that is heaven sent!”
36. "All things being equal, breast milk is best for babies. Yet all things are not equal, not by a long shot."
- Susan Maushart, 'The Mask of Motherhood'.
37. “A baby sucks a finger as instinctively as the breast — but the breast is better for the baby.”
- Martin H. Fischer
38. “While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby.”
- Amy Spangler
39. “It is only in the act of nursing that a woman realizes her motherhood in visible and tangible fashion; it is a joy of every moment.”
- Honoré de Balzac
40. “The moment a baby is born, the cord is cut or clamped, while the child is exhibited to its mother, and it is taken away by a nurse to a baby room called the nursery, so-called presumably because the one thing that is not done in it is the nursing of the baby.”
- Ashley Montague
Funny Breastfeeding Quotes
A baby feels the safest in the arms of its mother. Milk, the bountiful food from her breasts, is said to be the strongest feed. Here are some funny quotes that will add a bit of humor to it all.
41. “There are three reasons for breastfeeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers’ and the cat can’t get it.”
- Irena Chalmers
42. “Nursing gives you superhuman powers. How else could I be doing all this when I’m usually a sleepaholic?”
- Gwen Stefani
43. “In case you haven't heard, let me tell you now, babies do not come out knowing how to breastfeed.”
- Cassi Clark
44. “Breast Feeding should not be attempted by fathers with hairy chests, since they can make the baby sneeze and give it wind.”
- Mike Harding
45. "Breastmilk is love turned into food. It takes someone special to share that love."
- 'Human Milk 4 Human Babies'
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 45 Best Breastfeeding Quotes For New Moms then why not take a look at [Birth Quotes], or [Funny Baby Quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.