Brooklyn is known as the melting pot of different cultures, religions and immigrant population from across the world in New York.
Brooklyn is connected by several bridges and tunnels to the borough of Manhattan, which is across the East river and the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge connects it to Staten Island. Brooklyn is known for its ethnic composition, starting with Jewish population in mid-20th century followed by African Americans in 1970s in the Brownsville neighborhood.
Brooklyn is famous for many things, be it the famous Manhattan Bridge, Cony island’s Wonder Wheel or the entrance to Green-Wood Cemetery. But the residents of Brooklyn and the cultural transformation they brought would be one of the most important contribution to the city of New York, years to come this will still be true, for those who have moved and those who have stayed. The culture, arts and languages of the people of Brooklyn is so diverse that the average person from Brooklyn would be speaking more than two languages since a very young age. Here are some of the best Brooklyn quotes for you to enjoy.
Inspirational Brooklyn Quotes
Brooklyn is a borough in New York along with Kings County in the state of New York. Brooklyn was always known as the working-class haven of New York. It is pre-dominantly the immigrant population that settled here to start a new life in the country of America. Here are some inspirational Brooklyn quotes that will totally melt your heart and initiate the feeling of love.
1. “Mentally been many places but I’m Brooklyn’s own.”
2. “People from Brooklyn grow up with a certain common sense. If it doesn’t ring true, it’s not true.”
- Judy Sheindlin.
3. “Brooklyn’s good. Brooklyn’s funky. Brooklyn’s happening.”
- Waris Dirie.
4. “I didn't have any sophistication. I didn't really have any great taste or anything like that. I was just a kid from Brooklyn. But what I learnt is the why, the how. The work ethic.”
- Jimmy Iovine.
5. “I'm shooting in Brooklyn, we've got all kinds of crap going on, and I'm all alone now in a big hotel suite that you can't believe the size of it and a thing sticks in my foot and I just think it's the funniest thing that's ever happened to me.”
- Danny DeVito.
6. “Brooklyn is not the easiest place to grow up in, although I wouldn't change that experience for anything.”
- Neil Diamond.
7. “Don't try to make me into something I'm not. If you want someone to tiptoe down the Barkley staircase in crinoline and politely ask where the cattle went, get another girl.”
- Barbara Stanwyck.
8. “It's much easier to hire really great people like that in New York and in Brooklyn in particular, than it is in Washington.”
- David Plotz.
9. “Newark might be one of few the places where the politics is tougher than even Brooklyn.”
- Hakeem Jeffries.
10. “It happened every single day in Brooklyn: awaken to fresh glory, fall asleep to blight and ruin.”
- Kate Christensen, ‘The Astral’.
Brooklyn Quotes From Books
Brooklyn is one of the most populous counties in the state and the second most densely populated county in the United States. There are many famous personalities from varied fields of arts and culture who are born in Brooklyn or are residents of one of the many posh neighborhoods of Brooklyn. Famous personalities include Matt Damon, Norah Jones, Christina Ricci and many others. Here are some truly enjoyable Brooklyn quotes that you will enjoy reading with an open mind.
11. “Everyone who does not live in Berlin lives in Brooklyn now.”
- Don DeLillo.
12. “To people from 'Brooklyn-Brooklyn' North Brooklyn is really just South Queens.”
- Cat Agonis.
13. “Even with all of its changing, Brooklyn’s architecture still feels like home, the language feels like home. It’s changing so quickly that it’s surprising. It’s surprising still, when someone looks kind of askance to see me walking towards them.”
- Jacqueline Woodson.
14. “Poor thing. To die and never see Brooklyn.”
- Anne Sexton.
15. “At all events there is in Brooklyn something that makes me feel at home.”
- Marianne Moore.
16. “Brooklyn was the most wonderful city a man could play in, and the fans there were the most loyal there were.”
- Pee Wee Reese.
17. “Brooklyn was like Philadelphia made better by its proximity to Manhattan.”
- Jonathan Franzen.
18. “Brooklyn, it's a great town, a great city. It's New York.”
- Patrick Ewing.
19. “You’ll miss her most when you roam, ’cause you’ll think of her and think of home, the good old Brooklyn Bridge.”
- Frank Sinatra.
20. “Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, it’s two for the show, Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, For the boats that pass below.”
- Darren Hanlon.
Funny Brooklyn Quotes On Love
Brooklyn Heights Promenade, made above the East River, is family friendly place to enjoy and have some fun. Brooklyn is a foodie’s paradise, due to its large immigrant population, there are many small and high-end restaurants that serve food from these various places in the world. Here are some Brooklyn quotes to make you laugh and fulfil your every dream. These quotes are meant to help you understand the real meaning of life and find love in your life.
21. “It was reported this week that a man who was proposing to his girlfriend on the Brooklyn bridge dropped the ring, causing it to fall to the road below. The story has a happy ending though…the man didn’t have to get engaged.”
- Seth Meyers.
22. “Sometimes I feel like my only friend, is the city I live in, is beautiful Brooklyn.”
- Mos Def.
23. “That's my favorite place in the world, so far, that I've seen. I haven't travelled much, but I don't think I'll find anything to replace Brooklyn.”
- Marilyn Monroe.
24. “It'll be a great place if they ever finish it.”
- O. Henry.
25. “Even though I grew up as a Sephardic Jew in Brooklyn where we ate Syrian food and went to temple, it was still America.”
- Isaac Mizrahi.
26. “I was a prosecutor in Brooklyn in the homicide division and then as a senior assistant district attorney.”
- Star Jones.
27. “I live in Brooklyn, in Williamsburg, so I just like to wander around. Williamsburg's such a cool little neighborhood community spot.”
- Zoe Kravitz.
28. ““I'm a tough old broad from Brooklyn."
- Barbara Stanwyck.
29. “Everyone should walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. I did it three days in a row because it was one of the most exhilarating experiences I've ever had. The view is breathtaking.”
- Seann William Scott.
30. “When Charles first saw our child Mary, he said all the proper things for a new father. He looked upon the poor little red thing and blurted, 'She's more beautiful than the Brooklyn Bridge'.”
- Helen Hayes.
31. “I once started out to walk around the world but ended up in Brooklyn, that Bridge was too much for me.”
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Brooklyn quotes, then why not take a look at [Boston quotes], or America quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.