A bunny is ranked as one of the top pets.
Bunnies are those adorable little furry creatures that manage to make anyone smile with their cute tail, and twitchy nose. These adorable creatures are one of the best friends a human can have.
They are also believed to bring good luck to the people who keep them as a pet. You'll know your rabbit is happy when they are relaxed, playful or licking a lot! So here are a few bunny quotes dedicated to our furry friends.
If you are excited to know some rabbit sayings or bunny quotes that are cute and cuddly, read ahead. These bunny quotes will make your heart melt. So here are cute Easter bunny quotes, rabbit sayings and animal quotes. We are certain you'll love our ideas for adorable bunny quotes!
If you are a nature or wildlife lover, check out [nature quotes] and [wildlife quotes].
Best Bunny Quotes & Rabbit Sayings
A bunny is one of the most entertaining animals, featuring in many shows like Bugs Bunny show. Here are some of the best bunny quotes and rabbit sayings that will definitely make you want one. Look at these Easter quotes and bunny quotes ideas.
1. "Why is the rabbit unafraid? Because he's smarter than the panther."
- Charles Morse, 'The Edge'
2. "Bunnies… are like human beings in many ways."
- Richard Adams, 'Watership Down'
3. “I have always wanted a rabbit and I'll always have a rabbit the rest of my life.”
- Amy Sedaris
4. “Humans are like bunnies. Some can be incredibly sweet, and some can be little demons. Either way they are dumb.”
- Alice Jansing
5. “Bunnies will always have a special place in my heart. They are often discredited as being good pets because they don’t ‘do anything’—ask any rabbit owner and watch how they laugh!”
- Shenita Etwaroo
6. “Ideas are like bunnies. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.”
- John Steinbeck
7. “The truth is a rabbit in a bramble patch. All you can do is circle around and say it's somewhere in there.”
- Pete Seeger
8. “A rabbit's foot may bring good luck to you, but it brought none to the rabbit.”
- Ambrose Bierce
9. “The other day when I was walking through the woods, I saw a rabbit standing in front of a candle making shadows of people on a tree.”
- Steven Wright
10. “If the poor bunnies knew I was selling their dead bodies for wine, they would be heartbroken.”
- David Adams Richards
11. “If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit.”
- Robert Brault
12. “Bunnies need dignity and above all the will to accept their fate.“
- Richard Adams
13. “I'll give you three guesses, Rabbit. Digging holes in the ground? Wrong. Leaping from branch to branch of a young oak tree? Wrong. Waiting for somebody to help me out of the river? Right. Give Rabbit time, and he'll always get the answer."
- A. A. Milne, 'The House At Pooh Corner'
14. “Romance, like the bunny at the dog track, is the elusive, fake, and never attained reward which, for the benefit and amusement of our masters, keeps us running and thinking in safe circles.”
- Beverly Jones
15. “My point is that when you look at a bunny and can see only a pest, or vermin, or a meal, or a commodity, or a laboratory subject, you aren't seeing the bunny anymore. ”
- Matthew Scully, 'Dominion: The Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals, and the Call to Mercy'
16. “I don't know why one can't chase two bunnies at the same time, even in the literal sense of those words. If you have the hounds, go ahead and pursue.”
- Anton Chekhov
17. “I've got a fondness for bunnies.”
- Martin McDonagh
18. “Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch bunnies. Yet he is lord of all the animals.”
- George Orwell, 'Animal Farm'
19. “A politician should have three hats. One for throwing into the ring, one for talking through, and one for pulling bunnies out of if elected.”
- Carl Sandburg
20. “A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping bunnies.”
- Edith Sitwell
21. “I am Bunny. I can be anywhere. I can be everywhere. I am outside time. I am outside dimension. Do you want me? I am yours.”
- Mark Andrew Poe, 'Ending Easter'
22. “Human beings say, 'It never rains but it pours.' This is not very apt, for it frequently does rain without pouring. The bunnies’ proverb is better expressed. They say, 'One cloud feels lonely': and indeed it is true that the sky will soon be overcast.”
– Richard Adams
23. “Slow and steady wins the race, only and only if the bunny, competent, sleeps a while. But, fast and consistency always win it, even if bunny is awaken.”
– Syed Ather
24. “You can’t be chasing 15 bunnies. Otherwise, the public mind cannot follow you.”
– Brian Mulroney
25. “Better the arrow that missed the lion than the one that killed a bunny.”
26. “All too often, the rabbit hole is as deep as you have dug it.”
- Gary Hopkins
27. “The older I get, the more I see a straight path where I want to go. If you’re going to hunt for elephants, don’t get off the trail for a bunny.”
- T. Boone Pickens
28. “If there are nine bunnies on the ground, if you want to catch one, just focus on one.”
– Jack Ma
29. “Don’t fight the rabbits. If you fight the rabbits, the elephants are going to kill you.”
- Bobby Knight
30. “The dog and the rabbit are telling us not to chase unattainable material goals.”
- Kit Williams
31. “I can hypnotize rabbits.”
- Elena Anaya
32. “Sometimes you remind me a lot of James. He called it my 'furry little problem' in company. Many people were under the impression that I owned a badly behaved bunny.”
- J.K. Rowling, 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'
33. “We are very fond of books. You can learn nearly everything from them that rabbits can't teach you.”
- Alan Snow, 'Here Be Monsters!'
34. “The way rabbits live makes more sense to me than the way people live.”
- Marty Rubin
35. “Dabbling in astrology is like carrying a lucky rabbit’s foot as an omen of good luck which costs us very little and might have some beneficial effects.”
– Siegfried Fred Singer
36. “People’s dreams are made out of what they do all day. The same way a dog that runs after rabbits will dream of rabbits. It’s what you do that makes your soul, not the other way around.”
– Barbara Kingsolver
Cute Bunny Quotes
A rabbit and pink nose! Bunnies are very cute owing to their long ears, adorable eyes and tiny twitching nose. Read ahead to find cute pet quotes and bunny quotes dedicated to your favorite pet.
37. “'Hallo, Bunny,' he said, 'Is that you?' 'Let’s pretend it isn’t,' said Bunny, 'and see what happens.'”
- A. A. Milne, 'Winnie-The-Pooh'
38. “As for me I will follow the path of the pink bunnies.”
- Magenta Periwinkle
39. “Little rabbits have big ears.”
- Virginia C. Andrews
40. “If things don't come easy to you, you have to pull a bunny out of a hat.”
- Steve Coogan
41. “Kids love rabbits... they just like them.”
- John Bach
42. “I love the rabbits and the squirrels and the birds.”
- J. J. Cale
43. “Cuddly toy rabbits were a real comfort for all of my babies - once they got to a certain age they would nuzzle the fur.”
- Holly Willoughby
44. “Be brave, little bunny. Take a chance.”
- Cherise Sinclair, 'Breaking Free'
45. “Rhiannon's Law #16: If it looks like a bunny, and it hops like a bunny, run the other way and fast.”
- J.A. Saare, 'Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between'
46. “Men spend their time in following a ball or a hare; it is the pleasure even of kings.”
- Blaise Pascal, 'Pensées.'
47. “The point is, sometimes when the bunny gets too fat, too comfortable, he makes mistakes. But the gardener, she ain’t got nothing but time. Because even the hungriest bunny can’t eat the entire garden….”
- Justina Ireland, 'Dread Nation'
48. “Love is like a bunny riding a turtle like a chariot. But that’s cool with me, because I know where it’s going, and I just took a taxi.”
- Jarod Kintz
49. “One of the first houses we lived in was like out of a fairy story. We had a stream that ran through our garden, and we played with the ducks – we locked them in my mum’s office, and they pooed everywhere. It was crazy, picking blackberries and mushrooms, rabbits running through your legs.”
– Emilia Clarke
50. “The bunny is already in the hat. Do not clap for … Tinkerbell. Believe nothing.”
- Daryl Gregory
51. “So, this is a bunny, I thought. He sort of looks like Chester, only he's got longer ears and a shorter tail. And a motor in his nose.”
- James Howe, 'Bunnicula'
52.“In the morning we found the rabbits intent on a meticulous and general campaign of copulation”
- Primo Levi, 'The Periodic Table'
53. “Another item that appeared in the backyard was rabbits. Bear would chase them away.”
- J. Wesley Porter, 'A Spiritual Dog: "Bear"'
Funny Bunny Quotes
"Dogs are man's best friend." Well, with their adorable grin and fluff, bunnies are giving dogs a tough fight as pet and friends of the human race. From fun to downright weird- we have a variety of quotes about our fluffy pals. Read these amusing bunny quotes and quotes about rabbits.
54. “I stared at him. 'You're scared of bunnies?' 'Blah-hah-hah! They're big bullies. Always stealing celery from defenseless satyrs!”
- Grover, 'The Last Olympian'
55. “'Owl,' said Rabbit shortly, 'you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest--and when I say thinking I mean thinking--you and I must do it.'”
- A.A. Milne, ‘The House at Pooh Corner’
56. “If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed-up.”
– Mitch Hedberg
57. “When the Fox hears the bunny scream he comes a-runnin’, but not to help.”
– Thomas Harris, 'The Silence Of The Lambs'
58. “If the old dog hadn't got distracted by the fire plug, he would have caught the bunny.”
- Hayes McClerkin
59. “I loved her like a bunny loves a rattlesnake”
- James M. Cain
60. “‘Bunny’s clever,’ said Pooh thoughtfully. ‘Yes,’ said Piglet, ‘Bunny’s clever.’ ‘And he has Brain.’ ‘Yes,’ said Piglet, ‘Bunny has Brain.’There was a long silence.‘I suppose,’ said Pooh, ‘that that’s why he never understands anything.‘”
- Benjamin Hoff, 'The Tao of Pooh'
61. “Putting Mr. Polopetsi in charge of the investigation is like putting a Bunny in charge of the airport.”
- Alexander McCall Smith, 'The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine'
62. “[Jem] 'It will help you sleep.' 'All I’ve been doing is sleeping!' [Tessa] 'And very amusing it is to watch, said Jem. 'Did you know you twitch your nose when you sleep, like a bunny?' 'I do not,' she said, with a whispered laugh. 'You do,' he said. 'Fortunately, I like a bunny.”
- Cassandra Clare, 'Clockwork Prince'
Animals make better friends than people, and being cute adds to their advantage. Here are some pet rabbit sayings and animal quotes that will make you miss your animal friend.
63. “He missed having a wild green world on his doorstep – no rabbits or pheasants or badgers.”
– Kate Atkinson, 'A God In Runis'
64. “What we must do is start viewing every cow, pig, chicken, monkey, rabbit, mouse, and pigeon as our family members.”
- Gary Yourofsky
65. “There's nothing else I would rather do, unless there was a profession that involved cuddling bunny rabbits and kittens all day for money.”
- Kat Dennings
66. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.”
67. “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.”
- James Cromwell
68. “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.”
- James Herriot
69. “I think having an animal in your life makes you a better human.”
- Rachael Ray
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our ideas for best bunny quotes, then why not take a look at [Peter Rabbit quotes], or [Bugs Bunny quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.