We think these busy quotes will help you go through you day and bring some peace.
Henry David Thoreau says -"It’s not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is, what are we busy about?”
Fact or fiction? Read ahead these busy quotes and know for yourself.
Some say being busy is not something that signifies your accomplishments in life, rather it is an excuse for the lack of time management and prioritizing things the right way. Some are of the opinion that being busy gives everybody a purpose and inspiration to keep going on their journey towards success, while others crave for attention from a person who is too busy. Whichever of these situations you find yourself in, we think you will find these 50+ best busy quotes relatable.
You may also like to read [time quotes] and [chill quotes].
Inspirational Quotes On Success
Are success and being busy synonymous? Or does being busy imply lack of time management? Is investing time into work going to help you lead a happy and content life? Read some of the famous keeping busy quotes and sayings about being busy and the relationship with one’s quality of living, happiness and success. We hope these time quotes and inspirational quotes motivate you to go through your busy day. Some of these too busy quotes might make you think about your life.
1. “You will become impressive the day you stop trying. You will become successful the day you stop being busy.”
― Maxime Lagacé
2. “Being busy is one thing however productivity is the real gem.”
― Hopal Green
3. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.”
― Henry David Thoreau
4. “I don’t like looking back. I’m always constantly looking forward. I’m not the one to sort of sit and cry over spilt milk. I’m too busy looking for the next cow.”
― Gordon Ramsay
5. “Be a busy person. People who are active are often much more at peace with themselves than those who are inactive and inert.”
― Wayne Dyer
6. “A bee is never as busy as it seems; it’s just that it can’t buzz any slower.”
― Kin Hubbard
7. “I don’t think I am a workaholic. I prefer to keep busy. It is better than the alternative.”
― Sebastian Coe
8. “The majority prove their worth by keeping busy. A busy life is the nearest thing to a purposeful life.”
― Eric Hoffer
9. “A man has always to be busy with his thoughts if anything is to be accomplished.”
― Anton van Leeuwenhoek
10. “Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy.”
― Matt Lucas
11. “I love to keep busy. The challenge of fitting all of my activities into each day is my motivation.”
― Sarah Kochik
12. “It’s called an occupation. Not a preoccupation. It’s call success, not obsess. And it’s called being in a business. Not being in abyss-ness. It’s called giving yourself a break to avoid a breakdown. It’s called being good to you.”
― Karen Salmansohn
13. “Busy is a choice. Stress is a choice. Joy is a choice. Choose well.”
― Ann Voskamp
14. “It is possible to be busy-very busy-without being very effective.”
― Stephan Covey
15. “Some people are so busy learning the tricks of the trade that they never learn the trade.”
― Vernon Law
16. “We may be very busy, we may be very efficient, but we will also be truly effective only when we begin with the end in mind.”
― Stephen Covey
17. “To me, 'busy' implies that the person is out of control of their life.”
― Derek Sivers
Busy Person Quotes From Books
Books are always written with research and experience and writers are known to have really deep thoughts about all aspects of life and efficiently forge thoughts into words. Books have answers for everything and everyone. Here are some deep staying busy quotes by some of the experienced writers and poets. We hope these words and sayings shed some light on your lives and help you take action.
18. “Just because we're busy doesn't mean we're being productive. Working is one of the most dangerous forms of procrastination.”
― Gretchen Rubin, ‘Outer Order, Inner Calm: De-clutter & Organize to Make More Room for Happiness’
19. “The business of living can steal away the wonder of life.”
― M.J. Rose, ‘Tiffany Blues’
20. “The busiest men have the most leisure.”
― English Proverb
21. “Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
― Stephen King, ‘ Different Seasons’
22. “Don’t mistake movement for achievement. It’s easy to get faked out by being busy. The question is: Busy doing what?”
― Jim Rohn
23. “So many worlds, so much to do, so little done, such things to be.”
— Alfred Tennyson, 1809-1892, English poet
24. “Those who are wise won't be busy, and those who are too busy can't be wise.”
— Lin Yutang, 'The Importance of Living'
25. “Seek not to know what must not be reveal, for joy only flows where fate is most concealed. A busy person would find their sorrows much more; if future fortunes were known before!”
— John Dryden
26. “Some of us are busy doing things, some of us are busy complaining”
— Debasish Mridha
Busy Relationship Quotes
A busy life does take a toll on mental and physical well-being. Similarly, it does affect one’s relationships in general. Look at some of these relationship quotes in the context of a busy person.
27. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.”
― Charles Buxton
28. “Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”
― Dolly Parton
29. “We hurt people by being too busy. Too busy to notice their needs. Too busy to drop that note of comfort or encouragement or assurance of love. Too busy to listen when someone needs to talk. Too busy to care.”
― Billy Graham
30. “No matter how busy you are, you must take time to make the other person feel important.”
― Mary Kay Ash
31. “We are so busy that the truth about our lives can't catch up.”
― Brena Brown
32. "Friendship requires more time than poor busy men can usually command."
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. “The people God put in your life are not there by accident. Don't get so busy that you just give them your leftover time.”
― Joel Osteen
34. “No matter how busy a man is, he is never too busy to stop and talk about how busy he is.”
― Kahlil Gibran
35. “When someone tells you they are too “busy”… It's not a reflection of their schedule; it's a reflection of YOUR spot on their schedule.”
― Steve Maraboli
36. "If you are too busy to love, you are too busy to live; if you are too busy to live, you are too busy to love."
― Matshona Dhliwayo
Busy Quotes By Famous People
They say being busy is what brings one closer to their dreams. Read these busy man quotes by some of the greatest people to know their thoughts on being busy with everything in life. These quotations by someone famous might inspire you.
37. “The thinking mind is what is busy. You have to stay in your heart. You have to be in your heart. Be in your heart. The rest is up here in your head where you are doing, doing, doing.”
― Ram Dass
38. “I am always busy, which is perhaps the chief reason why I am always well.”
― Elizabeth Cady Stanton
39. “If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. The more things you do, the more you can do.”
― Lucille Ball
40. “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
― Lucille Ball
41. “If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
42. “Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.”
― Thomas A. Edison
43. “When you start so young working, you build a hunger for acting, working, and a busy life.”
44. “I always like to keep busy, otherwise my brain starts ticking.”
― Nicholas Hoult
45. “I try to keep it real. I don't have time to worry about what I'm projecting to the world. I'm just busy being myself.”
― Demi Lovato
46. “Beware the barrenness of a busy life.”
47. "For everybody in their busy lives, you need to invest in sharpening your tools, and you need to invest in longevity."
― Ryan Holmes.
48. “Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others.”
― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Busy Day Quotes
Anyone who has achieved something in life has had incredible motivation and knows how to make an effort. Here are some busy quotes and sayings for you to drive inspiration in your mind.
49. “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.”
― John Lennon
50. "If you want to get something done, give it to a busy man."
― Stephen Covey
51. "The busy man has few idle visitors; to the boiling pot the flies come not."
― Benjamin Franklin
52. “Leisure of itself gives pleasure and happiness and enjoyment of life, which are experienced, not by the busy man, but by those who have leisure."
53. "There is nothing the busy man is less busied with than living; there is nothing harder to learn."
― Seneca the Younger
54. “Life was not to be sitting in hot amorphic leisure in my backyard idly writing or not writing, as the spirit moved me. It was, instead, running madly, in a crowded schedule, in a squirrel cage of busy people. Working, living, dancing, dreaming, talking, kissing- singing, laughing, learning.”
― Sylvia Plath
55. “He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.”
― Rabindranath Tagore
56. “You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren’t busy denying them.”
― Stephan Covey
57. “Being busy is better than being bored. Bored left a long time ago. Busy is always around for me. ”
― Tabitha Robin
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 50+ Best Busy Quotes then why not take a look at [relax quotes], or [breathe quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.