Every celebration must have a cake be it a birthday, wedding, anniversary or a family get together.
Cake brings a smile and sweetness to everyone's face. At a wedding, the cake is cut by the bride and groom together for happiness, longevity, prosperity and a long happy married life.
Birthday cakes will always have candles lit on them and the person who is celebrating the birthday blows the candle and makes a wish. Cakes can be bought from any bakery but the most special is a cake made at home with love, which you can proudly say that you made for them at home. There are many different types of cake. The most prominent cakes are pound cake, red velvet cake and sponge cake. If you love cakes and quotes, here are some cake quotes for you.
You should also check out [sweet quotes], or [candy quotes].
Funny Cake Quotes
Along with being a decadent treat, cakes are also a source of endless fun. Enjoy these funny cake quotes and cake sayings that highlight this fun side of cakes.
1. "I'm not on a diet. And it's funny cause people go 'Well, then why do you drink diet soda?' So I can eat regular cake."
- Gabriel Iglesias
2. "I got me a fine wife and I got me old fiddle when the sun’s coming up. I got cakes on the griddle. And life ain't nothing, but a funny, funny riddle."
- John Denver
3. "There's nothing better than cake but more cake."
- Harry S. Truman
4. "TLC should stand for Toddlers, Lunatics, and Cake."
- Natasha Leggero
5. "If the cake fits, eat it!"
- Gordon Korman
6. "You can't arrest me. I'm the Cake Boss."
- Buddy Valastro
7. "If life was a piece of cake, it wouldn't be worth eating!"
- Christopher Jones
Chocolate Cake Quotes
Chocolate is love and happiness. When added to a cake, the joy of chocolate indulgence increases manifold. Chocolate cake has been a subject of numerous cake captions, so enjoy these chocolatey cake quotes.
8. "Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me."
- Audrey Hepburn
9. "I am not a strict vegan, because I'm a hedonist pig. If I see a big chocolate cake that is made with eggs, I'll have it."
- Grace Slick
10. "My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."
- Dave Barry
11. "I like to serve chocolate cake, because it doesn't show the dirt."
- Phyllis Diller
12. "Two things do me in: one's chocolate cake, the other's hypocrisy."
- Roseanne Barr
13. "Page one is a diet, page two is a chocolate cake. It's a no-win situation."
- Kim Williams
14. "Writing or making anything- a poem, a bird feeder, a chocolate cake- has self-respect in it."
- Sharon Olds
15. "I want blood, guts, and chocolate cake."
- Marina and the Diamonds
16. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
- Charles M. Schulz
17. "Art without emotion it’s like chocolate cake without sugar. It makes you gag."
- Laurie Halse Anderson
18. "If it were easy to resist, it would not be called chocolate cake."
- Maryrose Wood
Birthday Cake Quotes
A birthday without a cake is very much incomplete. So is a birthday without cake quotes. There are various quotes about baking that owe their origin to birthday cakes. Here are some birthday cake quotes for you to enjoy.
19. "Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It's all about the memories."
- Buddy Valastro
20. "At 50, if you are on a diet on your birthday, you can't eat a piece of your birthday cake. So grab two, a piece in each hand and, lo and behold, you will be on a balanced diet! Happy birthday, old chum!"
- Abraham Lincoln
21. "If life is a birthday cake let my face be smeared with its icing of cognac and kindness."
22. "I like birthdays. Every time someone is born, that's just like bringing more cake into the world."
- Demetri Martin
23. "Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake, it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen."
- Jim Gaffigan
The Icing On The Cake Quotes
The icing on the cake means something that makes good things even better. This is the source of several quotes about cakes. Indulge in these icing on the cake quotes.
24. "We have always said that advertising is just the icing on the cake. It is not the cake."
- Meg Whitman
25. "If the theory turns out to be right, that will be tremendously thick and tasty icing on the cake."
- Brian Greene
26. "White grapes are very attractive but when it comes to dessert people generally like cake with icing."
- Fran Lebowitz
27. "Romance is the icing but love is the cake."
- Julia Child
28. "The icing on the cake is when other people enjoy your vision and support what you do."
- Cise Star
29. "Motherhood is an amazing feeling, and if you get to relive those special moments while working, it works as an icing on the cake."
30. "If you look over the years, the styles have changed- the clothes, the hair, the production, the approach to the songs. The icing to the cake has changed flavors. But if you really look at the cake itself, it's really the same."
- John Oates
31. "Celebration is life's frosting: isn't frosting the very best part of the cake?"
- Bethenny Frankel
32. "Stories aren't the icing on the cake; they are the cake!"
- Peter Guber
33. "I'm going to go out and play really hard. If I have another win, it will be icing on the cake. But I don't take anything for granted."
- Vijay Singh
34. "If you're going to lick the icing off somebody else's cake you won't be nourished and it won't do you any good, or you might find the cake had caraway seeds and you hate them."
- Emily Carr
Best Cake Quotes
Cakes are for every occasion. Be it a cupcake, pound cake, wedding cake, or birthday cake, no celebration can ever be complete without a cake - or cake quotes! The list of 'let them eat cake' quotes is virtually endless when it comes to cakes. Read on to find some best quotes about cake to enjoy while indulging in this decadent treat. These cake quotes are a real treat.
35. "A party without cake is really just a meeting."
- Julia Child
36. "Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake."
- Dean Koontz
37. "Remember, no matter what life throws at us, we can always bake a cake!"
- Sarah Ban Breathnach
38. "Love is when you have a really amazing piece of cake, and it’s the very last piece, but you let him have it."
- E. Lockhart
39. "Love love and cherish life. Also, just eat the cake."
- Aaron Paul
40. "Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie."
- Jim Davis
41. "I want to be the girl with the most cake."
- Courtney Love
42. "Photographing a cake can be art."
- Irving Penn
43. "My policy on cake is pro having it and pro eating it."
- Boris Johnson
44. "A lot of movies are about life, mine are like a slice of cake."
- Alfred Hitchcock
45. "Let them eat cake."
- Marie Antoinette
46. "For me, almost always, the answer was cake."
- Diana Abu- Jaber
47. "The less Holy Spirit we have, the more cake and coffee we need to keep the church going."
- Reinhard Bonnke
48. "For goodness sake, look at those cakes."
- James Brown
49. "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."
- Mitch Hedberg
50. "A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges."
- Benjamin Franklin
51. "When someone asks if you'd like cake or pie, why not say you want cake and pie?"
- Lisa Loeb
52. "I'd choose truth over cake but I'd try to find a way to get both to be honest."
- Craig Benzine
53. "Cake baking has to be, however innocently, one of the great culinary scams: it implies effort, it implies domestic prowess; but believe me, it's easy."
- Nigella Lawson
54. "May I feel like I feel when I'm about to eat cake."
- Greg Walloch
55. "Happiness is like a cake: have too much of it and you get sick of it."
- Karl Pilkington
56. "You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."
- Bob Hope
57. "Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
- Haruki Murakami
58. "The only way cheese is dessert is when it's followed by the word cake."
- Michele Gorman
59. "You cannot have a cake and eat it too. Either you eat it, or you have it."
- Zygmunt Bauman
60. "I ask you, what is the use of having your 'cake' if you can't eat it? What exactly are you supposed to do with it? Put it on your mantle and look at it? Cake is meant to be eaten and enjoyed."
- T. Harv Eker
61. "Everyone is dealing with something. This is life; this is not just a piece of cake."
- Tom Brady
62. "Success is not like a cake that needs to be divided. It's more like a heap of stones - a cairn. If someone is successful, they add a stone to the cairn. It gets very high and can be seen from all over the world. That's how I see it."
- Maeve Binchy
63. "I will go anywhere if you say the phrase 'there might be cake.' I would go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, register somebody else's boat in Spanish, a language I do not speak, without ID - for cake."
- Greg Behrendt
64. "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?"
- William Shakespeare
65. "The real cake isn't HAVING what you want, it's DOING what you want"
- Lady Gaga
66. "We'll take the cake with the red cherry on top."
- Navjot Singh Sidhu
67. "Cupcakes - when you want to watch your weight, but still feel the pride that comes with eating an entire cake."
- Dana Gould
68. "A cake is a very good test of an oven: if it browns too much on one side and not on the other, it's not your fault - you need to have your oven checked."
- Delia Smith
69. "Because the sweeter the cake, the more bitter the jelly can be."
- Lady Gaga
70. "It's a piece of cake until you get to the top. You find you can't stop playing the game the way you've always played it."
- Richard M. Nixon
71. "If the people have no bread, let them eat cake."
- Marie Antoinette
72. "Have your fun, my dear; but if you must earn your bread, try to make it sweet with cheerfulness, not bitter with the daily regret that it isn't cake."
- Louisa May Alcott
73. "You have filled my tea with lumps of sugar, and though I asked most distinctly for bread and butter, you have given me cake. I am known for the gentleness of my disposition, and the extraordinary sweetness of my nature, but I warn you, Miss Cardew, you may go too far."
- Oscar Wilde
74. "Once you get rid of integrity the rest is a piece of cake."
- Larry Hagman
75. "You don't want to raise a kid in a culture where the kid who asks the most questions is annoying. You want a culture where the kid who asks the most questions gets awards and gets another piece of cake."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
76. "If you were starving and had all the time in the world, would you stop eating the greatest slice of cake on earth halfway through? Then why would you quit on your dreams?"
- Gregor Collins
77. "Eating rice cakes is like chewing on a foam coffee cup, only less filling."
- Dave Barry
78. "...language is not the frosting, it's the cake."
- Tom Robbins
79. "You have treated the arts as the cherry on the cake. It needs to be the yeast."
- Mallika Sarabhai
80. "Writing's a lot like cooking. Sometimes the cake won't rise, no matter what you do, and every now and again the cake tastes better than you ever could have dreamed it would."
- Neil Gaiman
81. "Your good friend has just taken a piece of cake out of the garbage and eaten it. You will probably need this information when you check me into the Betty Crocker Clinic."
- Cynthia Nixon
82. "But of course you can have your cake and eat it, too - if you decide to bake a second cake. And you may well find that baking two cakes does not take twice the work of baking one."
- Robert Kuttner
83. "Nothing seems to please a fly so much as to be taken for a currant; and if it can be baked in a cake and palmed off on the unwary, it dies happy."
- Mark Twain
84. "I don't want to die tomorrow knowing I could've had a piece of cake tonight."
- Gabriel Iglesias
85. "It's time to blow out the candles on the pity party cake."
- Louie Giglio
86. "It's possible to be satisfied with a day's work or a cake, but a life... what is a life but a history of events badly remembered?"
- Kevin McCloud
87. "So if I have two pieces of cake, do I have twice as good an experience as the first piece of cake? One of the things I've found in life is that the first piece of cake is the best."
- David Frum
88. "I am proud of my cake-making image but life is not that perfect. There are socks in my fruit bowl."
- Jane Asher
89. "The cake had a trick candle that wouldn't go out, so I didn't get my wish. Which was just that it would always be like this, that my life could be a party just for me."
- Janet Fitch
90. "'What about you?' 'Not a clue. I keep wishing I could bake a cake or something.'"
- Suzanne Collins
91. "Would ye both eat your cake and have your cake?"
- John Heywood
92. "A page of my journal is like a cake of portable soup. A little may be diffused into a considerable portion."
- James Boswell
93. "By the second tour I had rice cakes and hummus with me, and I was jumping rope in my room."
- Taylor Dane
94. "There are a great many colored people who are ashamed of the cakewalk, but I think they ought to be proud of it."
- James Weldon Johnson
95. "But for the time being, I've only learned one cake recipe and how to make scrambled eggs."
- Eva Herzigova
96. "Mess is fairly good. It is like what is found in American hotels except for cake and pie."
- Knute Nelson
97. "It's very easy to confuse Sean Connery with James Bond. Sometimes in the entertainment industry, people believe the cake is more real than the baker."
- Judd Nelson
98. "You cannot eat your cake and have it."
- James Joyce
99. "I like to think of bread as really bland cake."
- Jim Gaffigan
100. "We have banished our artists to the fringe of society and tell them to eat cake. It is our artists who choose freedom over safety and use their talents to question and confront the culture."
- Peter Block
101. "He who has two cakes of bread, let him dispose of one of them for some flowers of the narcissus; for bread is the food of the body, and the narcissus is the food of the soul."
102. "Come, eat thy fill of this thy God's white loaf. It's food too fine for Angels, yet come, take and eat thy fill. It's Heaven's Sugar Cake."
- Edward Taylor
103. "Great! He has indigestion, so let's torture him with cake."
- Kristin Cashore
104. "Wouldst thou both eat thy cake and have it?"
- George Herbert
105. "Yes, we could solve for why, but we could also eat another slice of coconut cake."
- Sam Lipsyte
106. "No one ever went to their deathbed saying, 'You know, I wish I'd eaten more rice cakes'."
- Amy Krouse Rosenthal
107. "There is no screenplay- writing recipe that guarantees your cake will rise."
- Robert McKee
108. "My bitterness is not an abstract substance, it is as solid as a Christmas cake; I can cut it in slices and hand it round and there is still plenty left, for tomorrow."
- Caitlin Thomas
109. "You're like a cake when you're young. You can't rush it or it will fall, or just turn out wrong. Rising takes patience and heat."
- Anna Quindlen
110. "Drama is not my passion. If I do it, it's for a check. It's not what I want to do. Comedy's my thing. Stand up's my thing. Everything that comes from that is frosting on the cake."
- Gabriel Iglesias
111. "I've always told my children that life is like a layer cake. You get to put one layer on top of the other, and whether you frost it or not is up to you."
- Ann Richards
112. "Irony is a way of having one's cake while appearing to eat it."
- John Updike
113. "For oaths are straws, men's faiths are wafer- cakes, And hold- fast is the only dog."
- William Shakespeare
114. "My cake is dough, but I'll be among the rest, Out of hope of all but my share of the feast."
- William Shakespeare
115. "Experiences are like cherry on the cake. It's nice, but that's not what's going to make a difference to the habit."
- Martine Batchelor
116. “The easiest way to make a fruitcake is to buy a darkish cake, then pound some old, hard fruit into it with a mallet. Be sure to wear safety glasses."
- Dave Barry
117. "If you're trying to create a company, it's like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion."
- Elon Musk
Wedding Cake Quotes
Wedding cake signify prosperity, good luck and prosperity. The bride and the groom have one cake each. There are many types of wedding depending upon the culture and country. This occasion has been an inspiration for one too many funny cake quote resembling the naughty nature of the relationship. Here are a few fascinating wedding cake quotes.
118. “My face looks like a wedding-cake left out in the rain”.
- W. H. Auden
119. "The most dangerous food is wedding cake”.
- James Thurber
120. “She tells enough white lies to ice a wedding cake”.
- Margot Asquith
121. “Get married with the feeling it is going to last. Not like the bride I know who doubled the wedding cake recipe and froze one”.
- Phyllis Diller
122. “If I propose to myself and myself says yes, I get to have the cake right? I love me, so I’m thinking 12 tiers.”
- Michelle M. Pillow
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Best Cake Quotes Perfect For Every Occasion then why not take a look at [Cupcake Quotes] or [Baking Quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.