Carpe Diem guys, get up and do what you want to do today, not trusting tomorrow!
We are here with an amazing collection of Carpe Diem quotes that will inspire you to seize the opportunity while living to the fullest.
Carpe Diem is a famous phrase first used by the Roman poet, Horace, meaning "pluck the day" or "seize the day". It is used to express and denote the idea that one should enjoy life to the fullest whilst one can. It is something that inspires us to do our best today without worrying about the future tomorrow. The only way to respond to a Carpe Diem quote is to start living life to the fullest!
We are here with the perfect little push required in order to seize the day, with this collection of best short quotes related to Carpe Diem. These will remind you to make every day the best day ahead! If you enjoy this post, you would also definitely love to read these tranquility quotes and you only live once quotes.
The Best Carpe Diem Quotes
Who can forget the scene in the movie 'Dead Poets Society' where Robin Williams, the teacher, encourages the others "seize the day boys"? This is the most beautiful Carpe Diem quote. Be it from a movie or TV show, or simply an influential thinker such as Steve Jobs, the best Carpe Diem quotes will provide the perfect inspiration and motivate you to make your lives extraordinary!
1. “Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities, seize common occasions and make them great.”
- Orison Swett Marden.
2. "Life is a very great gift and a great good, not because of what it gives us, but because of what it enables us to give to others."
- Thomas Merton.
3. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.”
- Nora Roberts.
4. “Try to be happy in this present moment, and put not off being so to a time to come - as though that time should be of another make from this which has already come and is ours.”
- Thomas Fuller.
5. “You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.”
- Ruth E. Renkl.
6. “The fool, with all his other faults, has this also, he is always getting ready to live.”
7. “As you wait for better days, don't forget to enjoy today, in case they've already started.”
- Robert Brault.
8. “Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less, and stop watching ourselves live.”
- Nicolas De Chamfort.
9. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.”
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
10. "Here's to him who makes the best
Of the goods before him spread.
For this world is what we make it, and
We're a deuce of a long time dead."
- John William Sargent, 'Toasts For The Times In Pictures And Rhymes'.
11. “Each moment of your life is a picture you have never seen before and will never see again. So live each moment to make it count & make each moment beautiful.”
- Ash Sweeney.
12. “It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now.”
- George Harrison
13. “Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.”
- Stephen Vincent Benét.
Find Your Motivational Quote Of The Day
We have curated some of the best quotations to grab the opportunity and hold on to the dream of the best future for you. Motivation is not something that is easily found, so embrace the help from these quotes and begin to believe that the world truly is your oyster.
14. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
- Henry Miller.
15. “Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams... Make today worth remembering. ”
- Steve Maraboli.
16. “We might have hope, but there'll be no assurance of tomorrow, so do whatever you want today.”
- Kaceem Aveiro.
17. “For a long time, it had seemed to me that life was about to begin, real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid... At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.”
- Fr. Alfred D'Souza.
18. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr..
19. "Begin doing what you want to do now. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a snowflake."
- Marie Ray.
20. “The best of today, as you will never have another chance to experience this day again.”
- Kaijuanda Sutton.
21. “All the gold in the world cannot buy a dying man one more breath – so what does that make today worth?”
- Og Mandino.
22. “There is only one day left, always starting over: It is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk.”
- Jean-Paul Sartre.
23. “I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.”
- John Burroughs.
24. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
- C.S. Lewis, 'The Collected Letters Of C.S. Lewis, Volume 3'.
Famous Carpe Diem Quotes
Whilst many Carpe Diem quotes in Latin are complicated to understand, these English language quotes embody the same message. Here are some of the most famous "you only live once" quotes given by many famous personalities like Albert Einstein, Mother Teresa, Larry McMurtry, Francis Bacon, Steve Jobs, Albert Camus, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, Robin Williams and Harry Breaker Harbord Morant. This collection of quotes will help you look at opportunity in a new way. Let's have a look at these go for it quotes and sayings!
25. "Every day of our lives we are on the verge of making those slight changes that would make all the difference."
- Mignon McLaughlin.
26. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. ”
- Groucho Marx.
27. “I can't control my destiny, I trust my soul, my only goal is just to be. There's only now, there's only here. Give in to love or live in fear.”
- Jonathan Larson.
28. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone.”
- Swami Vivekananda.
29. “I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life - and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.”
- Georgia O'Keeffe.
30. “When we approach love and creativity with the level of conviction that the powers-that-be in the world today are approaching hatred and destruction, then and only then will we have a chance.”
- Marianne Williamson.
31. “Stop waiting for the perfect day or the perfect moment. Take this day, this moment and lead it to perfection.”
- Steve Maraboli.
32. “If you listen really close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? Carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.”
- Robin Williams, 'Dead Poets Society'.
33. “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this. ”
- Henry David Thoreau.
34. “You have to do stuff that average people don’t understand because those are the only good things.”
- Andy Warhol.
35. "Life is not long, and too much of it must not pass in idle deliberation of how it shall be spent."
- Samuel Johnson.
36. “There is one thing we can do, and the happiest of people are those who do it to the limit of their ability. We can be completely present.”
- Mark Van Doren.
37. “The important thing is not how many years in your life but how much life in your years.”
- Edward J. Stieglitz.
38. “Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt .
39. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
Seize The Day Quotes To Motivate You
In the hustle, we often forget to Carpe Diem (seize the day). Here we have a collection of the best Carpe Diem quotes to motivate you through life and provide inspiration to take charge of your future. Short quotes like Carpe Diem can have a large impact, so let's look at these daily inspiration quotes.
40. "The times you lived through, the people you shared those times with — nothing brings it all to life like an old mix tape. It does a better job of storing up memories than actual brain tissue can do. Every mix tape tells a story."
- Rob Sheffield.
41. “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
- Brene Brown.
42. “I suppose that I have not many months to live: but of course, I know nothing about it. I may add that I am enjoying existence as much as ever, and regret nothing.”
- Henry David Thoreau .
43. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. No man has learned anything rightly, until he knows that every day is Doomsday.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
44. "We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best Carpe Diem quotes to help you seize the day then why not take a look at these tomorrow quotes, or "you got this!" quotes for more?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.