Very cold weather in the United States can be anything between 28 and 14 degrees Fahrenheit!
Brrr! We love the cold and the snow here at Kidadl, but we also love nothing more than wrapping up warm indoors as the snow falls outside.
The cold weather can certainly make you feel cold if you spend too much time out playing in it, and it can contribute to you catching a cold too. Despite this, there are numerous upsides to the cold weather that we want to celebrate today!
This list of the best cold weather quotes is bound you make you feel warmth and comfort. From funny cold weather quotes to quotations about cold weather and snowfall, and cold weather quotes for captions, the perfect quote about cold weather could be waiting here for you!
You may also check out these weather quotes and [rain quotes] for more quotes about the beauty of the weather.
Quotes On Snowfall And Winters
Beauty can be found in many things in life in winter. Stylish and cozy winter dressing, a warm hot chocolate enjoyed by the fire, and rosy cheeks after playing outside are all great, but nothing beats a fresh snowfall! Find the beauty in winter with these quotes about snowfall!
1. “Snow brings a special quality with it — the power to stop life as you know it dead in its tracks.”
-Nancy Hatch Woodward.
2. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.”
3. “When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.”
4. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”
- Markus Zusak.
5. “Even if you took it as cascading snowy mountains, it was not a cool snow-white. The cold of the snow and its warm color made a kind of music.”
– Yasunari Kawabata.
6. “A snow day literally and figuratively falls from the sky, unbidden, and seems like a thing of wonder.”
-Susan Orlean, 'Snow Day', 'The New Yorker'.
7. “Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood.”
8. “Silently, like thoughts that come and go, the snowflakes fall, each one a gem.”
-William Hamilton Gibson.
9. “Thank goodness for the first snow. It was a reminder–no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen–things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.”
10. “Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity.”
Winter Seasons Quotes
Some people love winter, and others can't wait for it to end. See the beauty in every season with these winter quotes!
11. “In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.”
12. “If winter comes, can spring be far behind?”
-Percy Bysshe Shelley, 'Ode To The West Wind'.
13. “It is only when the cold season comes that we know the pine and cypress to be evergreens.”
14. “December's wintery breath is already clouding the pond, frosting the pane, obscuring summer's memory...”
- John Geddes, 'A Familiar Rain'.
15. “The color of springtime is in the flowers; the color of winter is in the imagination.”
- Terri Guillemets.
16. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.”
17. "Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius."
18. “I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape. Something waits beneath it; the whole story doesn't show.”
19. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
20. “Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.”
Famous Winter Quotes
Be it snowfall, a crisp cold day, or staying cozy inside, we all love different things about winter. These winter quotes celebrate the season, which is your favorite?
21. “In the winter she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold.”
-Ben Aaronovitch, 'Broken Homes'.
22. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”
- Edith Sitwell, 'Taken Care Of'.
23. "How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose, if there were no winter in our year!"
-Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
24. "Welcome, winter. Your late dawns and chilled breath make me lazy, but I love you nonetheless."
25. “The cold cut like a many bladed knife.”
26. "Winter is coming."
-George R. R. Martin, 'Game Of Thrones'.
27. "We're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland."
- Frank Sinatra, 'Winter Wonderland'.
28. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 'Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.'”
29. “I love the scents of winter! For me, it’s all about the feeling you get when you smell pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, gingerbread...”
– Taylor Swift.
30. “Surely everyone is aware of the divine pleasures which attend a wintry fireside; candles at four o’clock, warm hearthrugs, tea, a fair tea-maker, shutters closed, curtains flowing in ample draperies to the floor, whilst the wind and rain are raging audibly without.”
– Thomas de Quincey.
Love And Winter Quotes
Love and the cold season move hand-in-hand. Winters are a great time to reciprocate love, claim love and fall in love! If you are moving towards love, we have the right winter quotes for you that will warm you up.
31. “Love keeps the cold out better than a cloak.”
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
32. “Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour.”
- John Boswell.
33. “If winter helps you curl up and more that makes it one of the best of the seasons.”
34. “Never are voices so beautiful as on a winter’s evening.”
35. “When you love the winter, winter goes off warmer!”
-Mehmet Murat Ildan.
36. “Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.”
37. “What I mean is, I love winter, and when you really love something, then it loves you back, in whatever way it has to love.”
38. “Lovers, forget your love
And list to the love of these
She a window flower
And he a winter breeze.”
39. “My old grandmother always used to say, summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.”
-George R.R. Martin.
40. “Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it?”
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Inspirational Cold Quotes
Winters often bring inspiration and creativity to many. The cold breeze, the lonely streets, and the quiet ambiance can spark the creative side of many people. This list of inspirational winter quotes is here to cheer you up, and get you ready for the cold season!
41. "I write probably 80 percent of my stuff over the winter."
42. "Winter forms our character and brings out our best."
43. “Every mile is two in the winter.”
44. “I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood.”
45. “Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.”
46. “To keep a warm heart in winter is the real victory.”
– Marty Rubin.
47. “Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do – or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so.”
– Stanley Crawford.
48. “If flowers can teach themselves how to bloom after winter passes, so can you.”
– Noor Shirazi.
49. “And don’t think the garden loses its ecstasy in winter. It’s quiet, but the roots are down there riotous.”
50. “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.”
– Jeffrey McDaniel.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of entertaining family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you like our suggestions for cold weather quotes, then why not look at these [cold quotes] or sun quotes for more?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.