We quite often take our loved ones for granted and forget to express our love and gratitude towards them.
A compliment costs nothing when given but, when received, it can brighten someone’s day. That is the power of a compliment.
There are many good compliments, but something as simple as “you have the best smile” is a sure winner. Complimenting someone on their personalities and values is an easy and meaningful way to praise someone. With people increasingly showcasing themselves and their lives on social media, you can also compliment and praise a photo. Why not point out something in particular about the photo you like, or something positive about the person in the photo? You can praise the colors, hues, and also the emotion behind the photo.
Sometimes, people find it hard to appreciate a compliment, but some kind words to express your gratitude are all that is required. For instance, you can respond to a compliment by saying “thank you, it makes my day to hear that” or something similar.
Find the best compliment quotes to say something special to your loved ones here. Believe us, there is no greater joy in this world than to see your near and dear ones happy. For more nice quotes, please check out these be nice quotes and you are beautiful quotes too.
The Best Compliment Quotes
Read some of the best compliment quotes, and show your love and gratitude to that special person.
1.“I cannot imagine a life in your absence.”
– Constantine Jake.
2.“Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away. And all the things I want to say can find no voice.”
– Robert Sexton.
3.“Only the heart can see correctly that which is invisible to the eye.”
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
4.“Before I met you I never knew what it was like to look at someone and smile for no reason.”
5.“To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you are the world.”
– Dr. Seuss.
6.“I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had.”
– Nicholas Sparks.
7.“My heart says no, no! Nobody’s supposed to be here, but you came along and changed my mind.”
– Deborah Cox.
8.“He is more myself than I am.”
– Emily Brontë.
9.“You light up my world like nobody else.”
– One Direction, 'What Makes You Beautiful'.
10.“If I could have just one wish, I would wish to wake up every day to the sound of your breath on my neck. The warmth of your lips on my cheek, the touch of your fingers on my skin, and the feel of your heart beating with mine. Knowing that I could never find that feeling with anyone other than you.”
– Courtney Kuchta
11. “Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in return.”
– Peace Pilgrim
12.“To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow–this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
– Elizabeth Gilbert
13.“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.”
– Arrigo Boito.
14. “You never fail to amaze me. Every day there is something new that makes me love you even more than before the day before.”
15. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.”
– Arwen, 'The Fellowship Of The Ring'.
16. “You are my best friend, my human diary, and my other half.”
17. “You're amazing and incredibly kind, did you know?”
-Amanda Littrell, 'Helping Her Boss'.
18.“While interacting with you, a person learns a great deal about himself.”
- Richelle E. Goodrich, 'Being Bold: Quotes, Poetry, & Motivations For Every Day Of The Year'.
19.“My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
20.“Gold is good in its place. But loving, brave, patriotic men are better than gold.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
The Best Compliment Quotes For Her
Turn on the charm with these lovely compliment quotes for that special someone in your life. See her blushing when you say something lovely to her by sharing one of these inspirational quotes with her.
21. "You're beautiful. Yes, you are, you're very, very beautiful. Extremely beautiful."
— Orson Welles.
22.“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”
— Thich Nhat Hanh.
23.“Try your hardest to be confident in who you are. You are enough — you are beautiful.”
— Meagan Tandy.
24.“If you held up 11 roses in front of the mirror, you'd be looking at 12 of the most beautiful things in the world.”
25.“Only you, you're the only thing I'll see forever. In my eyes, in my words and in everything I do.”
— 'West Side Story'.
26. “Other men, it is said, have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.”
— George Moore.
27. “On a scale from 1 to 10, you’re an 11.”
28.“If I know what love is, it is because of you.”
– Hermann Hesse.
29. "I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self-respect.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald.
30.“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
– A. A. Milne.
31. “You make me want to be a better man.”
– Melvin Udall.
Best Compliment Quotes For Him
Whether it’s your husband, boyfriend, or son, show them your undying love for them by sharing some beautiful compliment quotes. Such kind quotes can really make his day.
32. “Some of my happiest moments are the ones I spend with my husband...”
– Robin Marantz Henig.
33.“I have a fantastic husband. Here’s the honeymoon part: I still think he’s the funniest, wittiest, most clever man I’ve ever known.”
– Sarah Jessica Parker.
34.“An easy-going husband is the one indispensable comfort of life.”
35. “My husband has quite simply been my strength and stay all these years, and I owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim.”
- Queen Elizabeth II.
36. “I love my husband. I believe in him, and I am proud of his accomplishments.”
– Pat Nixon.
37. “My dear husband, Richard, has been the driving force behind my success and rise to whatever level I am now. My story and legacy is incomplete without his mention.”
– Joyce Banda.
38. "Of course, my son has been the center of my life and will always be the center of my love."
-Hyacinth Mottley, 'Words Of Wisdom - Words Of Faith'.
39. “When you were a toddler, you made me smile. When you were a teenager, you made me worry. But now you are a man and my son, I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments!”
40.“My son's the most precious thing to me. He's changed me from being selfish to selfless.”
-Ricardo Antonio Chavira.
The Best Compliment Quotes For Friends
Friends hold a special place in our hearts. They have seen our success as well as our failures, and true friends stand by each other through thick or thin. Such a great friend deserves a compliment. We have found some of the most heart-warming compliment quotes for friends here.
41. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
– Walter Winchell.
42. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.”
– David Tyson.
43. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.”
44. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.”
– Arnold H. Glasgow.
45. “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.”
– Arnold H. Glasgow.
46. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
– A. A. Milne, 'Winnie The Pooh'.
47. “Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.”
– Charles Lamb.
48. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.”
– Woodrow T. Wilson.
49. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
- Elbert Hubbard.
50. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.”
- Helen Keller.
51. “A true friend is the one who holds your hand and touches your heart.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
52. “Happiness is laughing together.”
53. “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.”
54. “Friends are the family we choose ourselves.”
- Edna Buckman Kearns.
55. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.”
56. “My friends are my estate.”
- Emily Dickinson.
The Best Compliment Quotes For Parents
Look into a parent’s eyes and you will know what love is all about. You can never forget the wisdom and love that your parent instills upon you. These lovely compliment quotes will remind you of this love, so why not say something nice to them today?
57. “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.”
– Henry Ward Beecher.
58. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.”
– Mitch Albom.
59. “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.”
– Robert Brault.
60. “First your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.”
― Chuck Palahniuk.
61. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
62. “Parents aren’t the people you come from. They’re the people you want to be, when you grow up.”
― Jodi Picoult.
63. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.”
– Matthew Jacobson.
64. “A good father is a source of inspiration and self-restraint. A good mother is the root of kindness and humbleness.”
– Dr. T.P. Chia.
65. “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.”
– Kobe Bryant.
66. “Parenting is a life-time job and does not stop when a child grows up.”
– Jake Slope.
67. “He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector.”
— Tom Wolfe.
68. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.”
— Sigmund Freud.
69. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.”
– Billy Graham.
70. “Life doesn’t come with an instruction book — that’s why we have fathers.”
– H. Jackson Browne.
71. “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.”
— Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
72. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.”
— Jim Valvano.
73. “Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end.”
– George Strait.
Compliment Quotes To Boost Self-Esteem
Sometimes some kind words and inspirational quotes are all it takes to boost a person’s self-esteem and confidence. These words of compliments and wisdom will instill positivity and motivate you to strive for the best. Read through these compliment quotes to be inspired.
74. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
75. “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.”
— Yogi Bhajan.
76. “Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.”
— Leo Buscaglia.
77. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”
— Eleanor Roosevelt.
78. “They say that you can't live by bread alone, but I can live on compliments.”
79. “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet. How important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.”
— Fred Rogers.
80. “A sincere compliment is always grateful to a lady, so long as you don't try to knock her down with it.”
81. “To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.”
— Denis Waitley.
82. “Love yourself instead of abusing yourself.”
— Karolina Kurkova.
83. “This has been my life; I found it worth living.”
– Bertrand Russell.
84. “You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
85. “An occasional compliment is necessary to keep up one's self-respect.”
86. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson.
87. “Believe you can and you're halfway there.”
88. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
Famous Compliment Quotes
A compliment is an act of self-love. Check out some famous compliment quotes by well-known personalities. Read through the below compliment quotes and choose the best that suits your needs.
89. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment. Or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
- Leo Buscaglia.
90. “As an actor, the biggest compliment you can get, in my book, is for someone to believe that you're the character.”
- Matt LeBlanc.
91. “To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.”
- George MacDonald.
92. “Nothing is more effective than sincere, accurate praise, and nothing is more lame than a cookie-cutter compliment.”
- Bill F. Walsh.
93. “Being fierce is a compliment! It's not an insult.”
- Rosanna Arquette.
94. “I can live for two months on a good compliment.”
- Mark Twain.
95. “The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day.”
- Wayne Gretzky.
96. “As a horn player, the greatest compliment one can get is when a person comes to you and says 'I heard this saxophone on the radio the other day and I knew it was you. I don't know the song, but I know it was you on sax.'”
97. “Everybody likes a compliment.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
98. “I have no time for women who don't support other women. It's the ultimate compliment when a woman tells you that you look good.”
- Victoria Beckham.
99. “It's easy to forget that actors have the ability to instill a sense of self in viewers. That's the greatest compliment.”
- Priyanka Chopra.
100.“Some compare me to Derrick Rose, and that's a compliment.”
- John Wall.
101.“Good, bad mediocre or whatever it is, if a director wants me in his movie, I take it as a compliment.”
- Scott Caan.
102.“The biggest compliment I get is when someone tells me, 'You're so real.' Even if my journey isn't exactly like theirs.”
103. “Compliments cost nothing, yet many pay dear for them.”
104.“I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me. I always feel that they have not said enough.”
Inspirational Quotes As Compliments
Some inspirational quotes can also serve as a compliment to someone to boost their confidence. Choose the best compliment quotes from this list!
105. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
106. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort. But where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
107. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.”
-John C. Maxwell.
108. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best compliment quotes to share with loved ones, then why not take a look at these [inner beauty quotes] and affection quotes for more inspirational quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.