Despite often being feared or looked down on, confusion is a very natural human emotion.
People often say that someone who feels confused often feels the most alive. Confusion means that there is something inside of us that is waiting to be discovered, and this can only be a good thing.
Feelings of confusion cannot be better explained than with these confused quotes, sayings about life and confused phrases. We discover something new every day and so today, we decided to bring to you a list of confused quotes and confused sayings that you might relate to.
In this list we have included lots of different confused qutoes, from confused friends quotes, confused relationships quotes, confused community quotes and confused feelings quotes, to being confused quotes, quotes about being confused, confusion about love quotes and confused sayings.
Confused Quotes About Life
Are you ready to discover the best-confused quotes? Often, the more we think about something, the more confused we’ll be. Confusion is more than just a feeling, and it can be frustrating sometimes. Find the power in your confusion with these empowering confused quotes, said by people who understand exactly how we feel.
1. “The most confused we ever get is when we're trying to convince our heads of something our heart knows is a lie.”
- Karen Marie Moning.
2. “Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.”
- John Mayer.
3. “Don't be afraid to be confused. Try to remain permanently confused. Anything is possible.”
― George Saunders.
4. “Good. Be confused. Confusion is where inspiration comes from.”
― Robyn Mundell.
5. “People don't expect too much from literature. They just want to know they're not alone with being confused.”
― Jonathan Ames.
6. “Logic of a madman is a sane man’s confusion.”
- Jeo R. Lansdale.
7. “With great power often comes great confusion.”
― Dan Allen.
8. “Confusion is a sign of intelligence; only fools are crystal clear.”
― Haresh Sippy.
9. “Just simplify all that confusion and try to make life wonderfully simple again.”
― Aurora Berill.
10. “Sensuality is allowing your brilliance and confusion to coexist.”
― Lebo Grand.
11. “In the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a single word.”
- Walt Whitman.
12. “We often confuse what we wish for with what is.”
- Neil Gaiman.
13. “Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems, in my opinion, to characterize our age.”
14. “The mere attempt to examine my own confusion would consume volumes.”
- James Agee.
15. “People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.”
- A. J. Liebling.
16. “We all go through doubt. It's hard. Those difficult moments are what build your character.”
- Joe Rogan.
17. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
– Albert Einstein.
18. “The future is inherently uncertain.”
– Manmohan Singh.
19. “Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity.”
- Micheal J. Gelb.
20. “The more you explain it, the more I don’t understand it.”
– Mark Twain.
21. “The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.”
– Leonardo Da Vinci.
22. “Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not understood.”
- Henry Miller.
23. “I believe confusion is good. Worldwide market leaders gain when there is confusion in the market.”
- Subhash Chandra.
24. “If confusion leads to knowledge, then I must be a genius.”
- Larry Leissner.
25. “In the theater of confusion, knowing the location of the exits is what counts.”
- Mason Cooley.
26. “Every really good book was written a little at a time, over time, in tremendous confusion and doubt.”
- Richard Bausch.
27. “If you can’t convince them, confuse them.”
- Harry S. Truman.
28. “I’m slightly unsure as to what my goal is. I just keep doing jobs.”
– Rachel Weisz.
29. “Confused like small birds trap into a badminton game.”
- Sulejman Halilagic.
30. “If I look confused it is because I am thinking.”
– Samuel Goldwyn.
31. “Life being all inclusion and conclusion, and art being all discrimination and selection.”
- Henry James.
32. “Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you.”
- Roger Ebert.
33. “Confused? Confusion is good, it’s an excellent place to learn something new from.”
- Edward R. Murrow.
34. “Much unhappiness has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left unsaid.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
35. “With ruin upon ruin, rout on rout,
Confusion worse confounded.”
- John Milton.
36. “Confusion is a chicken with shattered eyes.”
37. “An advertising agency is 85 percent confusion and 15 percent commission.”
- Fred Allen.
38. “I don't know, upon my honour, what I'm doing.”
― Henry James, 'The Wings Of The Dove'.
39. “I'm too open minded that I don't know what to mind anymore.”
― Ahmed Mostafa,
40. "I freely admit I'm confused."
― Craig Ferguson.
41. “No matter how confused or deluded we may be at the moment, the underlying and essential nature of our being is clear and pure.”
- Lama Yeshe.
42. “Life is like a confused teacher. First she gives the tests and then teaches the lesson.”
43. “Confusion is an often too subtle sign of paranoia.”
44. “You can’t pay enough money to… cure that feeling of being broken and confused.”
- Winona Ryder.
45. “It’s amazing how confused and distracted and misdirected so many people are.”
– Stephen Covey.
46. “It’s hard to win when you always lose.”
– Tom Waits.
47. “Try to find your deepest issue in every confusion, and abide by that.”
- D.H. Lawrence.
48. “Injecting some confusion stabilizes the system.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
49. “History and experience tell us that moral progress comes not in comfortable and complacent times, but out of trial and confusion.”
– Gerald R. Ford.
50. “Confusion is always the most honest response.”
51. “Sometimes hate is just confused love!”
– Omar Tyree.
52. “Right and wrong are very complicated; sometimes I get confused which one to follow.”
– M.F. Moonzajer.
Funny Confused Quotes
Sure being confused about a problem isn’t the most settling feeling, however, that doesn’t mean it can’t be funny sometimes. Check out this list of funny confused quotes to lighten up the mood. Which of these confused quotes will make you smile?
53. “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad at the same time, and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”
― Stephen Chbosky.
54. “May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.”
– George Carlin.
55. “It’s really very difficult to understand a woman – actually it’s not she but he who is confused”
― Amit Abraham.
56. “We are not confused, it's just the conflict between what we say and what we do.”
― Muhammad Zaki.
57. “A confused mind tends to be the most creative.”
― Steven Magee.
58. “What is important is to spread confusion, not eliminate it.”
59. “We humans are such complicated and confused beings that we call the animals beasts.”
― Cristiane Serruya.
60. “Ignorance is the worst liberation. To know even a few is better than knowing nothing at all.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson.
61. “Anyone who isn’t confused, really doesn’t understand the situation.”
- Edward R. Murrow.
62. “Today, if you are not confused, you are not thinking clearly.”
- Irene Peter.
63. “However confused the scene of our life appears, however torn we may be who now do face that scene, it can be faced, and we can go on to be whole.”
64. “When you don't know where to start, just go to a place you miss so much.”
65. “Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.”
66. “Confusion is the main cause of worry.”
- Dale Carnegie.
67. “Confusion is not an ignoble condition.”
- Brian Friel.
68. “A good sacrifice is one that is not necessarily sound but leaves your opponent dazed and confused.”
69. “I am very interested and fascinated how everyone loves each other, but no one really likes each other.”
― Stephen Chbosky.
70. “At times he felt that he had almost rather not be in love with her, for it brought him no peace. What was the use of it, if it was only going to be painful?”
― Larry McMurtry.
71. “I just want to be someone, to mean something to anyone…”
― Charlotte Eriksson.
72. “Human interaction. The most complicated form of happiness I will never figure out.”
— Charlotte Eriksson.
73. “If you’re not confused, you’re not paying attention.”
- Tom Peters.
74. “I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
- Jack Kerouac.
75. “To be given permission to be confused - and remain confused - for as long as it takes would have been a huge gift.”
― Janet Jackson.
76. “The mind is more sensible than heart, if you are sure listen to your heart, if you are confused listen to your mind.”
― Amit Kalantri.
77. “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.”
- Daniel Boone.
78. “A leader who is confused or confusing causes too much anxiety, and a leader who is too controlling is revealing more insecurity and a lack of leadership.”
- Mark Goulston.
79. “Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind.”
- William Westmoreland.
80. “Speed is often confused with insight. When I start running earlier than the others, I appear faster.”
- Johan Cruyff.
81. “Just keep going like crazy and look back when it's over. Otherwise you just get confused.”
- Cliff Burton.
82. “Acting is a form of confusion.”
- Tallulah Bankhead.
83."Confusion now hath made his masterpiece!"
– William Shakespeare, 'Macbeth'.
84. “Masculine ideals have become very confused in the modern world.”
- Andrew Dominik.
85. “Conclusion means death. Confusion means possibility.”
86. “Follow love and it will flee, flee love and it will follow thee.”
– John Gay.
87. “Love is when two people who care for each other get confused.”
– Bob Schneider.
88. “If you’re confused about what to do, it’s a sign that your enemy is winning.”
- Toba Beta.
89. “If you are sure you understand everything that is going on, you are hopelessly confused”
― Walter F. Mondale.
90. “I’m not confused. I’m just well mixed.”
- Robert Frost.
91. “Man is a rebel, and a rebel is naturally in confusion.”
- Billy Graham.
92. “Man’s role is uncertain, undefined, and perhaps unnecessary.”
– Margaret Mead.
93. “One moment in life you get stuck… and confused.”
– Deyth Banger.
94. “It’s amazing how confused and distracted and misdirected so many people are.”
- Stephen Covey.
95. “Most people living in the world are confused about life.“
- Sunday Adelaja.
96. “God doesn't come to kill, to steal or to destroy. That's the enemy. God comes to give abundant life. Know your God so you don't get confused.”
— Mike Pilavachi.
97. “Seek first to understand, then to be understood.”
– Stephen Covey.
Wise Confused Quotes
Are you ready for the final installment of confused quotes? Wisdom is often found in the least expected places, and it often comes from people you least expect it to. But not always, here is a list of the wisest confused quotes by brilliant people. Which of these confused quotes is your favorite?
98. “I used to go away for weeks in a state of confusion.”
– Albert Einstein.
99. “We feel unhappy and confused with our life when we don't do the focus or calling that God has on our life.”
— John C. Maxwell.
100. “Confused by the mind and diffused by the senses, we seek Pleasure and lose the great Treasure called Life.”
98. “As we grow older, the memories of early life brighten, those of maturity and senescence grow dim and confused.”
— Anthony Burgess.
101. “Your eyes may mislead you sometimes. So don't be serious in observing, listen to your heart at times when you are confused.”
— Giridhar Alwar.
102. “Jesus won't try to speak over the noise in our lives; love whispers so we won't be confused about who's doing the talking.”
— Bob Goff.
103. "Being confused about choices is nothing more than hoping that maybe there is a way to get through life without taking charge."
— Meg Jay.
104. "Economists and psychologists get confused when they are asked 'out of syllabus' questions by life!"
— Saurabh Sharma.
105. "I've never been more confused in my life, but at the same time I've never been more satisfied with what we've done."
— Kurt Cobain.
106. “We survive, in the confusion of a life reborn beyond reason.”
— Pier Paolo Pasolini.
107. “When you don't know what to do, go back to the places, the people and the promises where you know you last heard God.”
― Pam Farrel, 'Becoming A Brave New Woman'.
108. “I think, therefore I am… confused.”
— Benjamin Hoff.
109. “Too much action with too little intent makes for wasteful exertion of energy and the confusion between movement and progress.”
— Steve Maraboli.
110. "God can pick sense out of a confused prayer."
— Terence McKenna.
111. "We have understood nothing of life until we have understood that it is one vast confusion."
— Henry De Montherlant.
112. "Love is merely a combination between infatuation and confusion."
— Dustin Cruz.
113. "There is nothing so uncertain as a sure thing.”
– Scotty Bowman.
114. “If your mind is not clear then settle down.”
— Herbert Lebumfacil.
115. "I think it is scary anytime anyone is coming at you asking questions.”
– Corrine Brown.
116. “Truth emerges more readily from error than from confusion.”
– Francis Bacon.
117. “You have to systematically create confusion, it sets creativity free.”
— Salvador Dali.
118. “Life is fleeting, and the wonder can be lost within the confusion of worldly reality.”
— Steven Redhead.
119. “Not to have a confused church is to teach paramount importance of the truth.”
- Sunday Adelaja
120. “Life is a series of embarrassing moments which leave you feeling alone in your confusion and shame.”
— Miranda Hart.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 120 of the best confused quotes and confusion quotes for a clearer mind, then why not take a look at these inspiring asking for help quotes and [find yourself quotes] for more inspiring quotes to share with friends and family?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.